Not open for further replies.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
In for $263, if through the Foundation.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Hey, jleves, quit slacking. Add that new 2K to the total. Need to keep showing progress....seem to have slipped into a lull here. BTW, wasn't Fishy going to come up with a plan?
One thing we know, is our largest donors so far, want this to go thru the UConn Foundation only.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hey, jleves, quit slacking. Add that new 2K to the total. Need to keep showing progress....seem to have slipped into a lull here. BTW, wasn't Fishy going to come up with a plan?

As it happened, someone who will remain nameless came to me begging that I get him out of something he had got himself into. And so I did.

And then, three minutes later, he got himself entangled again.

Now, he suffers on his own - I am just a marginally-interested bystander.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Did anyone else get the mailing this week from the Foundation regarding the Calhoun Cardiology Center?

Reaction Score
Did anyone else get the mailing this week from the Foundation regarding the Calhoun Cardiology Center?

Unrelated to this thread, obviously :). It (and a second mailing for the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center) was an annual appeal letter that was scheduled months and months and months ago. We're good, but not that good. ;)

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Put me down for $50...this might sound silly, but couldn't we find out what JC might prefer we put the money toward?

Reaction Score
If this gets high enough, we can have Calipari maimed or beaten or something.

We'd go through the Foundation, of course.

You have achieved nirvana. The perfect post.

Reaction Score
people said it earlier. i think we should all step up for the practice facilty. I know Coach in the past has talked about how badly we need it. Im sure he would love this idea. Especially coming from fans and not some big dollar donor. Im in if its for the practice facility.

Reaction Score
i'm good for $100.00, with either of the ideas through the foundation.

My work matches 2:1 if the donation is made directly to the university. Maybe someone from the foundation can comment on the best way to engineer this in order to maximize company matching...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
So, jleves, what is the current total?

C'mon, guys, one of the admins/mods/"loser with access" needs to step up here some and help move things along. Right now, this has become a shark that has stopped swimming and is starting to sink.

I suggest that we need an admin or a board "elder" who will be responsible for collecting the money unless it can be targeted directly to the foundation via Paypal or some other way. Perhaps Augie22 can give his firstborn to Fishy to hold as a hostage until he takes the money and gets his business to match 2:1 to "his" donation.

We will never agree on one option. The foundation route has taken on a lot of momentum. I like the gold-plated locker with a dedication for 15K, if we could come up with a clever dedication.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think I speak for a lot of people here in saying that I would commit to something if I knew who I'm giving money to and what the money is being used for.

I give credit for whoever is taking up the task here, but at the same time, it's basically commit to x amount of dollars, to be paid to someone/somebody, for something we don't know yet.

If it was settled once and for all and it was say the "$25K Locker Room from the Boneyard, donated through the UConn Foundation, you can donate your money here' I think this would really take off.

Just having unknowns and anonymous people saying 'I'm in for $100' doesn't really accomplish anything.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I was away - adding new amounts now.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Nice job while I was away.

* = 2263 Through Foundation Only.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nothing, ...he's more of a hands on guy.

We could tell Chaney that we're basketball recruits and he'd reflexively hand us a couple grand in cash.

In fact, that might be a fundraising angle.

I'll call Calipari, someone else can call Howland, Self, Barnes, the SEC and Lance Thomas' jeweler.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think I speak for a lot of people here in saying that I would commit to something if I knew who I'm giving money to and what the money is being used for.

I give credit for whoever is taking up the task here, but at the same time, it's basically commit to x amount of dollars, to be paid to someone/somebody, for something we don't know yet.

If it was settled once and for all and it was say the "$25K Locker Room from the Boneyard, donated through the UConn Foundation, you can donate your money here' I think this would really take off.

Just having unknowns and anonymous people saying 'I'm in for $100' doesn't really accomplish anything.

Yep. I'm in this limbo as well. Link it to Paypal, direct to it a valid non-profit for tax deduction purposes (the practice facility would be good), aggregate it and present something to JC that the Yard donated $x to the facility in your honor.

Reaction Score
If you don't get a PM from me indicating it was recorded, I missed it so let me know.

Reply in the other thread as I will have to delete and recreate this daily (can't edit titles).

Apparently I can edit the title - feel free to comment here if you wish.
I'm in for $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman