Jaylin Hunter wins state championship | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jaylin Hunter wins state championship

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not “recruiting” (or maybe it was) but if you went to a Rockville vs South Windsor basketball game when I was in school 2002-2006 there would 10 kids from Hartford on the court at times through the “choice program.”

As an RHS student and athlete in a school that had maybe 800 kids I could recognize 3 kids on the basketball team. And they didn’t play. Fun fact, former walk-on Pete McCann was an assistant coach then and last I knew was the head coach.

Oddly enough, a couple years after I left, a set of two studs left East Catholic and another kid moved back from out of state to come play their senior year at Rockville with their friends and they had one of their best seasons ever.

Reaction Score
I don't understand your point. You should see him as a poor version of Vital if anything. That's why he's being recruited by the MAAC and America East instead of the MWC and AAC. The point is not whether we should be recruiting Hunter to come here as a scholarship player. The only point anyone has been making is, especially in a year when we're only going to have 12 scholarships and there are question marks about our depth at the point with our #1 having an injury history, wouldn't it be really nice to have a low D-1 player as a walk on to provide depth and alternatives. To which the answer is almost certainly yes.
Our back up point guard in 2013 was a PG from Holy Cross .
He gave Bazz needed time off the ball. This kid would certainly be welcome. He is a high grade walk on.
Whether the kid is content to be a bit player on a bigger stage or a lead player on a smaller one it’s his decision to make.
If it was my kid and he loved Basketball I would advise to go where you can play Especially if he was offered a scholarship to a good academic school..
If he came here and sat 35-38 minutes for 4 years .I would suspect he would regret that he didn’t give it real real go. He could always come here as a Post Grad .

Reaction Score
Def riding a wave of popularity. They sucked when I was in high school. I went to Xavier. Go by the size of the school, like they pretty much do now.
This is really what is comes down to, there are too many ways to "choice" schools and places to get recruited. Capital Prep was good at a time, Northwest Catholic, Sacred Heart and Trinity were the top catholic schools. It happens, CT is too small to separate those schools into another division.

Those that say size and catholic, to keep four division - your going to cause an uproar of the 200 kid schools that play 1100 kid schools in a division, its what happened before when it was LL, L, M, S...and all the catholic schools opted to move up to M or L...and then they would drop schools down to even out the divisions...

someone is always going to be unhappy, it should be enrollment and opt into an division above you want - if "choice/recruiting" schools are happy winning the small division, then well thats life - kids learn early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom