Jaylin Hunter wins state championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jaylin Hunter wins state championship

Reaction Score
yeah there are plenty of schools that cheat. Berlin got caught. Ansonia definitely has kids coming in from other towns. New London and Ledyard have always pulled kids from other schools. If the CIAC had any real oversight they'd put a stop to it. I don't see it changing any time soon, though.
When a school offers a VoAg program they can draw kids from other towns. Ledyard has such a program

Reaction Score
yeah but you're not allowed to recruit kids. and they do.
OK. I am from eastern ct. Exactly what sports have they dominated in the ECC? if they recruit then they don't have an eye for talent.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Start off by congratulating a kid and his team and it is mentioned about 3 times and turns into a debate of conjectures ranging from recruitment to coaching salaries - AMAZING
Congrats Jaylin and East Catholic - no matter what division you play in that record this year is outstanding.
Almost like the Tommy Roy South Windsor years
While I would like to see Jaylin in a UConn uniform I can understand if his decision leads him elsewhere

Reaction Score
OK. I am from eastern ct. Exactly what sports have they dominated in the ECC? if they recruit then they don't have an eye for talent.
ledyard and new london both have a strong football history. both have been bad lately, but both have state championships and stretches of regular playoff appearances

Reaction Score
Yep. Kenny Tinney lived in Seymour.
Its common knowledge that Ansonia has kids from other towns, but I never knew Tinney lived in Seymour. That would have shifted the balance in the NVL if Tinney went to Seymour for 4 years.

Reaction Score
ledyard and new london both have a strong football history. both have been bad lately, but both have state championships and stretches of regular playoff appearances
Ledyard is looking into a coop in football with Montville

Reaction Score
Ledyard is looking into a coop in football with Montville
Correction.... I misspoke. There has been talk that Ledyard is considering doing a coop with Montville in football. Oh by the way... Congrats Jaylen on winning a state championship.

Reaction Score
It’s obvious Reilly is a very good coach. That’s why it is easier for him to recruit. All Catholic schools do not have the same draw and having a very good coach is a big draw. I have a real hard time routing for East. There talent advantage year after year is ridiculous. Coupled with a coach who has developed a great program and you get great teams. I live in the area and East has pulled a lot of talent out of my towns school system. It is one of its “feeder programs”.

Most middle school travel teams take 10-11 kids. It’s frustrating when 2-3 of the best kids who took spots on those teams go private(EC, X, or NW) and the town school get the scraps. Also who needs a recruiting budget when you hold several basketball clinics all summer. The kids are coming to you. He doesn’t need to come to them.

Reaction Score
Jaylen saw you play and would love it if you chose to play at UConn.You were the epitomy of a coaches son. Another coach on the floor. Coach R was lucky you went to EC. Hope to see you in a UCONN uniform.

Reaction Score
What happened to Northwest Catholic? I don’t follow this stuff at all.

Not as good. Lost primo spears to windsor.

They have a good freshman but hell probably go prep

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not as good. Lost primo spears to windsor.

They have a good freshman but hell probably go prep

You mean curtis?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
East Catholic has always been good, but the last 4-5 years they've gotten even better. Yes, most catholic schools recruit, but IMO east was very fortunate Jaylin essentially landed in their lap for this year. Without him, they still would've been good, but would not have so much better as everybody else like they were.

Reaction Score
Jaylin can ball, I think if he were to walk on he could assume a back up ball handling role immediately, especially offensively. Defensively he'd have to improve his lateral quickness and get stronger but he has talent

Reaction Score
A few of the ct catholic schools do recruit. Come on be serious. Why would some of these kids travel ridiculous miles? Is it because of their strong Christian faith? I highly doubt it.

Hmmmm. A "doubting Thomas" among us and it's nearly Easter.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Catholic schools aren't limited to kids in their own town. They may not recruit, but the best teams at a Catholic school have kids driving miles to play for the better teams.
Reilly recruits, don't kid yourself.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
If the Catholic high schools have such a huge recruitment advantage, how is it that the other Div I Catholic schools aren’t dominating the divisision? It would seem as though there should be, in many years, an all-Catholic final.
I guess there’s no need to consider the coaching ability of East’s head coach, Luke Reilly and the fact that the public schools have, in many cases, twice the enrollment ( East 650, Danbury 2,941, Trumbull 2,151, East Hartford 1,649, etc). It all comes down to unfair recruitment allegations —which are all they are!!
The reason is because just one of these catholic schools get all the good recruits lol. They all go to the best one.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Discontinuing the effect East Catholic coaching has on the results achieved and discounting the lack of success achieved by other Div I Catholic high schools that flly in the face of your argument, as well as depending on your unsubstantiated recruitment allegations.....seems far more “intellectually dishonest”>

Congrats on the championship, Mr. Reilly.

Reaction Score
Jaylin can ball, I think if he were to walk on he could assume a back up ball handling role immediately, especially offensively. Defensively he'd have to improve his lateral quickness and get stronger but he has talent

4 TOs for a ballhandler against Windsor is alarming. Windsor has those 2 low-major guards, but anything he faces at UConn is going to be a lot more difficult. I'm not sure he would be a great back up PG at all. I see his role being a poor version of Vital if anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom