Jay Wright Retiring? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jay Wright Retiring?

Reaction Score
This is shocking. There has to be more to this.

And retiring and going to coach the Lakers a month later doesn't seem like a Jay Wright move.
There is obviously more to this. He’s still in the prime of his coaching career and he is literally the best in the biz. Seriously hope it is not health. This guy is far and away the class of college hoops.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
heard a rumor btw, not sure on the accuracy but some serious abuse allegations were on the verge of coming out against jay wright for what he's done to xavier university. the evidence (a 16-2 record against the lil angry bluemen) is truly damning

Reaction Score
heard a rumor btw, not sure on the accuracy but some serious abuse allegations were on the verge of coming out against jay wright for what he's done to xavier university. the evidence (a 16-2 record against the lil angry bluemen) is truly damning
Seriously, can’t you find somewhere else to play?? Like maybe in heavy traffic??

Reaction Score
First time besides JC I’ve ever been sad that a coach retires. And from one of our peer programs at that. It was always great basketball between us and Wright’s teams. He’s all I’ve ever known as far as Nova’s coach and will be missed. The Big East -hell, the NCAA- won’t be the same without him.

He knows he doesn’t have to do any more.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
As others have said, have to wonder hire much of a role not wanting to deal with NIL, collectives and the transfer portal played into his decision.

Definitely a legend, and to do that by the age of 60 is all the more impressive.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Guy has a family. Just has his priorities straight. Why deal with the madness of coaching, especially now with NIL and the portal, when you can comfortably retire with your family?

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Heard he's going to be a stunt double.
sandra bullock stars GIF

Reaction Score
Guy has a family. Just has his priorities straight. Why deal with the madness of coaching, especially now with NIL and the portal, when you can comfortably retire with your family?
Curious if he'll take some sort of (light) broadcasting role. Networks are going to be beating down his door. But yeah, he's made his money, he's accomplished a ton. Disappointed to see him go but totally understand it.

Reaction Score
Honestly, Im a little bummed that Wright is leaving. That is a huge loss for the Big East and college basketball. It’s just surprising how sudden it is. I hope everything is OK with his health.
Agreed. I've never liked a coach so much who whipped our *** so regularly

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Wow.

Hurley vs. Cooley for top dog this year.

I like our chances.

This feels like a Brady situation. Remind me of this message 12 months from now. He’s not gone for good.
I think a McDermott will have something to say about that

Reaction Score
Curious if he'll take some sort of (light) broadcasting role. Networks are going to be beating down his door. But yeah, he's made his money, he's accomplished a ton. Disappointed to see him go but totally understand it.
I would love this

Reaction Score
Good for Jay. 60 is in the realm of retirement age. He has accomplishment, plenty of $, good for him to move on and make way for the next wave.

Funny we consider DH “young” and he’s 48. Coach K got the Duke job at 30. Times have changed

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Did lebron make a phone call?
Jay Wright, Magneto and Professor X wouldn’t solve the Lakers issues. That’s not a coaching issue, that’s a Geritol issue.

Reaction Score
Kyle Neptune being Kevin Ollie would be funny. There is still a lot of talent there atm.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Well some good news from this is now it’ll be easier to treat Villanova like a rival. My respect for Wright made it tough to build up real heat before a game against them…and I pulled for them in the tourney a lot.

Reaction Score
Wow, stunning. I guess he figured he didn't have anything left to accomplish.

Good for him for choosing to enjoy this phase of his life instead of working himself to death. Watching Boeheim, K, etc., he probably realized he didn't want to be one of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom