Jay Wright Retiring? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jay Wright Retiring?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have one person who should have some level of knowledge of situation saying it may be health issues with family.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He would be paid millions to a ”Wright-cast” from his basement.
He’s evidently a huge Jersey Shore fan and has a house there. Tweets about it all the time. Not sure he’d be there in winter, but I think he could sign with Fox, do Nova. SH, SJ and Rutgers home games plus BET and some of that from home stuff.

Reaction Score
Calhoun, Pitino, Wright, Thompson
Calhoun with UConn is the #1 program building job, ever. To turn a rinky dink regional school into an elite national program with expectations along side Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, UCLA, and Kansas is nothing short of amazing.

Moving along to more recent years, Jay Wright, IMO, has been the best coach in America, no disrespect to Coach K, Roy Williams, Bill Self, or John Calipari. His team was like the New England Patriots on the hardwood with the robotic and even keeled way they conducted themselves. They just never got rattled in pressure packed situations.

Reaction Score
Was on campus at Villanova today.

I feel like I played a part in Wright retiring.
LMFAO :D

Get to Storrs and play a part in more high level transfers committing to UConn ;)

Reaction Score
My hatred of the Main Line makes it impossible for me to like Villanova, but what Wright built there over his 20+ years was impressive. Neptune was involved in recruiting most of the roster, which should help the transition.
I was a wrong side of the tracks guy myself

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I will be there Friday and Saturday. (Seriously)

We’ll see if Boeheim is still employed on Sunday.
I'm pretty confident that we want Boeheim coaching Syracuse until it's a weekend at Bernie's situation.

Send the wife & daughter and spend the weekend home eating lobster rolls.

Reaction Score
I have one person who should have some level of knowledge of situation saying it may be health issues with family.
Same info from a couple Nova grad friends, but they are getting it second hand also.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was on campus at Villanova today.

I feel like I played a part in Wright retiring.
How does it compare to Conn College?

Reaction Score
Know a guy that knows him pretty well and he said no way he goes to the NBA. Coaching the Olympics totally soured him on the league. My friend does not know why he is retiring but he says Wright and the Nova administration don’t always get along and thinks Wright may have had enough

Reaction Score
Guy has a family. Just has his priorities straight. Why deal with the madness of coaching, especially now with NIL and the portal, when you can comfortably retire with your family?
100% +. Well said. Man so much more respect for him now. It was already high.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom