Javonte Brown enters transfer portal | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown enters transfer portal

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Is he going to enroll at another school and play two weeks from now? Like why announce mid season?
because he made the determination that that was the best thing for him.

I know it's easy to expect these kids to stick to some this-is-bigger-than-me moral guideline, i'm guilty of expecting it sometimes too. Brown made a decision he things is best for him and his future.

Reaction Score
He is shooting .545 from 3Pt range.

If you watched tonight, you know he's not a shooter. I also initially posted before his 3-4 game...which I think we all know is the exception and not the rule. Love the kid but he should never be classified as a shooter.

Reaction Score
If you watched tonight, you know he's not a shooter. I also initially posted before his 3-4 game...which I think we all know is the exception and not the rule. Love the kid but he should never be classified as a shooter.
I remember a few weeks ago when people were arguing Martin was a better shooter than Polley. That was funny

Reaction Score
I was actually being sarcastic. He is a streaky shooter for sure but he can beat his man off the dribble whenever he wants which is great to have.

Reaction Score
He's not someone you run plays for beyond the arc, but he is absolutely credible as a 3-point threat, and he needs to be in this offense.

Reaction Score
I was actually being sarcastic. He is a streaky shooter for sure but he can beat his man off the dribble whenever he wants which is great to have.

Gotcha, I don’t believe original poster was though. If he’s got his feet set he can make enough to keep you honest, but I’d be shocked if he can shoot 35% from 3 (with a reasonable volume).

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
he's not. he's a scorer. big time.

Reaction Score
Gotcha, I don’t believe original poster was though. If he’s got his feet set he can make enough to keep you honest, but I’d be shocked if he can shoot 35% from 3 (with a reasonable volume).
If he wants to make the NBA he will need to at least get there though before he leaves.

Reaction Score
By my eye.. Shooters are very comfortable and consistent at the FT Line.. Scorers don't have the same fluid motion and confidence..Esp at crunch time..

Last five minutes of a game.. You want your shooters at the Line.. TM does not appear comfortable at the Line..

This year's team has more scorer/slasher types than pure shooters.. That's why our D and rebounding are key for our success going forward(this year's roster).. Not going to be shooting "lights out" too often..

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
By my eye.. Shooters are very comfortable and consistent at the FT Line.. Scorers don't have the same fluid motion and confidence..Esp at crunch time..

Last five minutes of a game.. You want your shooters at the Line.. TM does not appear comfortable at the Line..

This year's team has more scorer/slasher types than pure shooters.. That's why our D and rebounding are key for our success going forward(this year's roster).. Not going to be shooting "lights out" too often..
I think that’s a fair assessment of shooters. Consistent, smooth. The scorer is usually more creative with the ball. Maybe they have a flat j or they’re just inconsistent. They can get to the rim or get their shot off whenever. The great offensive players are both.

C

Chief00

wow! i was in the same boat as some previous posters -- i thought springs might transfer, but assumed brown would be staying because of how obviously young and raw he is. i assume that the staff is being really honest with both.

curious where brown ends up... if it's indiana (or any high major) will he actually get minutes??
It will be a high major.

Reaction Score
Can't see the article/if they're interested but I'd guess Indiana

Reaction Score
Lol, well obviously something had been in the works.

I am sure it's A&M.

I can't read the article but why are you sure it's A&M? I'm not saying you're wrong but his stated reason for leaving was Kenya Hunter. As far as I know Kenya Hunter's not on the staff at A&M. It's also in the middle of bum___ nowhere much farther from home.

Reaction Score
Lol, well obviously something had been in the works.

I am sure it's A&M.
Even with Aku as a rising junior and Ashton Smith as one of their '21 recruits?

My pick is Oklahoma. With Manek and Kuath graduating and no bigs in their '20 or '21 classes, their only true big in 21-22 is currently Rick Issanza. Oklahoma offered him in April 2019.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
A&M I’d be ok with. If it’s Indiana...

you know Hunter’s probably been calling him to come with him since he left. Prob even a consideration when Miller hired Hunter. I’m sure they had a convo about who he could bring in, and we know how above board the Millers like to be.

Reaction Score
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but how does this impact the scholarship situation. Could we technically bring in another player for spring semester off Javonte Brown Ferguson scholly?

Reaction Score
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but how does this impact the scholarship situation. Could we technically bring in another player for spring semester off Javonte Brown Ferguson scholly?
Certainly. Any suggestions?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom