January Recruiting Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1/18

Olivia Olson scored 26 points in front of Jamelle Elliott on Tuesday.

9-1/2 minutes of video highlights at the link.

Prototype for positionless BB. Will probably be one of the top few wings for all 4 years of college. UConn would be set at the #3 with either Kitts in '23 or this kid in '24. Her defensive fundamentals are excellent especially for a HS soph. I'll take either her or Kitts in a hurry.

Reaction Score
If Aubrey is healthy next year I don’t see Paterson starting over her. With all the other offense that could be there Aubrey will be an asset defensively and rebounding and with extra playing time she’ll average 10 points a game just on trash put backs and the occasional fast break.
From the film I have seen of Patterson See looks very raw.IMO she will ride the bench.Geno rolls the ball out in practice and may the best girl win.There will be plenty of eyeballs watching the girls scrimmage Geno-CD-Jamelle.When next season starts the girls will get the most playing time will be the ones who show the most in scrimmages

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
From the film I have seen of Patterson See looks very raw.IMO she will ride the bench.Geno rolls the ball out in practice and may the best girl win.There will be plenty of eyeballs watching the girls scrimmage Geno-CD-Jamelle.When next season starts the girls will get the most playing time will be the ones who show the most in scrimmages
I'm pretty sure that is how it work every year at UCONN. Regarding Patterson who do you thing is is capable of guarding her in those scrimmages once Geno rolls out the ball? I'm not predicting Patterson starts but she will find her way into the rotation.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that is how it work every year at UCONN. Regarding Patterson who do you thing is is capable of guarding her in those scrimmages once Geno rolls out the ball? I'm not predicting Patterson starts but she will find her way into the rotation.

Reaction Score
I think Aaliyah Edwards can guard her and I think she is so raw she won’t be able to guard Aaliyah without fouling her.How many times in high school has she played against her size.I see a big learning curve.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think Aaliyah Edwards can guard her and I think she is so raw she won’t be able to guard Aaliyah without fouling her.How many times in high school has she played against her size.I see a big learning curve.
Outside of HS how did Patterson do at 3X3 U18 FIBA Worldcup ?

Reaction Score
Ayanna Patterson is raw but she is also extremely athletic. As with many players at Uconn, they evolve. Look at Liv's evolution into a really strong, capable, professional level post player. I agree that it will not be easy for her to just jump into the rotation but she will develop quickly as she is obviously very cooperative and focused on her game and she has the tools to be great. Look at a player like Victaria Saxton of South Carolina. She is very important for that team's success. She shoots at over 55% every year. Rebounds very well and defends. That's strong efficiency and achievement. This is not to limit Ayanna to Victaria's level as she may well surpass it but that is certainly achievable for Ayanna and a tremendous value for any team.

Reaction Score
Outside of HS how did Patterson do at 3X3 U18 FIBA Worldcup ?
What I saw was that she dominated the glass with her quickness to the ball ala Gabby, but she struggled a little to adjust to the speed at which 3X3 is played.
I also think she will need time to learn to play within a team loaded with talent. IMO it will come down to how hard she will work once she is in Storrs. When I see a senior who is essentially the same player who arrived in Storrs I wonder what she did in those individual workouts for 4 years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What I saw was that she dominated the glass with her quickness to the ball ala Gabby, but she struggled a little to adjust to the speed at which 3X3 is played.
I also think she will need time to learn to play within a team loaded with talent. IMO it will come down to how hard she will work once she is in Storrs. When I see a senior who is essentially the same player who arrived in Storrs I wonder what she did in those individual workouts for 4 years.
:eek:Dominated the glass with quickness?
Nah, UCONN is not going to need a player like that next season.
Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

Reaction Score
But remember that Ayanna was on the USA 3 X 3 National team
that won the U 18 World Championship in Czech this past
summer. 3 X 3 has four players on the roster. She was huge
on rebounding and blocked shots. See the videos on FIBA
3X3. She is the type of " raw' talent that is nice to see.
I emphasize "talent".

Reaction Score
:eek:Dominated the glass with quickness?
Nah, UCONN is not going to need a player like that next season.
Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

The think to remember is that she did that against HS aged players. The comp[etition next year will be bigger and stronger and Patterson's prodigious athletic ability won't be enough. But if she works and develops her game her athletic talent will carry her a long way.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Germantown High’s Madison Booker is so talented, she can dominate a game even when she is injured.

Despite injuring her foot in the first quarter, the 6-foot junior guard had 33 points, four 3-pointers, made 13 of 16 free throw attempts, 7 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 steals in a 66-62 victory over Clinton last week.

For her outstanding performance, Booker has been named the Performance Therapy/Mississippi Scoreboard Metro Jackson Girls Basketball Player of the Week.

But she is out until at least Jan. 24, Germantown coach Jamie Glasgow said. Glasgow hopes Booker will be back for the Clinton game Jan. 25.

“Maddie injured it in the first quarter, but kept playing,” Glasgow said. “She had a knot on it Thursday. The x-ray was clear, but it is tender. The doctor thinks it is just a bruise. She didn’t tell anyone and played the entire game.

“Maddie stepped up last week against Clinton. She did all the little things to help her team win.”

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The think to remember is that she did that against HS aged players. The comp[etition next year will be bigger and stronger and Patterson's prodigious athletic ability won't be enough. But if she works and develops her game her athletic talent will carry her a long way.
Precisely! By Itself athletic ability is never enough. All the UCONN players are going to have to work hard. Patterson is already a hard worker. Hard work + explosive athletic ability might =Gabby Williams. Hard work + lack of explosive athletic ability might=Kyla Irwin. Geno is not going to let Patterson cheat her talents, that's why she's coming to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Keep an eye on Patterson. She could do as much or more next season as Edwards has done this year. More athletic, quicker, better hands and can get off the floor much better.
I like her a lot but I think being 6'2" she will also as Edwards needs to do is to transition to a 3 or stretch 4. The girls in the middle are getting bigger and bigger in college. She like Edwards will look really good against the big east because most teams don't have size or good defensive bigs. Play SC, Oregon, Stanford and they have 6'7" and you will get your shot blocked. That is why I like Brady for immediate help at the elbow for UConn's offense. She can Shoot.

Reaction Score
I like her a lot but I think being 6'2" she will also as Edwards needs to do is to transition to a 3 or stretch 4. The girls in the middle are getting bigger and bigger in college. She like Edwards will look really good against the big east because most teams don't have size or good defensive bigs. Play SC, Oregon, Stanford and they have 6'7" and you will get your shot blocked. That is why I like Brady for immediate help at the elbow for UConn's offense. She can Shoot.
I agree with you on her being more of a stretch 4. And Brady will be able to move in and out of the blocks and is a natural for that high post and stepping out for 3s. As for AP, she's very strong, naturally uses leverage, and because of her vertical can play bigger than her height. I think she'll draw a lot of fouls because she's really active inside with the ball and will attack the rim.

Reaction Score
I agree with you on her being more of a stretch 4. And Brady will be able to move in and out of the blocks and is a natural for that high post and stepping out for 3s. As for AP, she's very strong, naturally uses leverage, and because of her vertical can play bigger than her height. I think she'll draw a lot of fouls because she's really active inside with the ball and will attack the rim.
now if she can only make her foul shots..........:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01