January Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCONN is in need of a player 6' 3" at a minimum, high motor, long arms. quick leaper, loves contact, can play positions 2-4 at either end of the floor, dips snuff and can get to the rim in her sleep. Have you seen her? What's her name? I don't care how these services rank her...they should grab her if they see her.

Reaction Score
Any rumors of 5th year or other transfers that may be considering UConn? Most, such as Dorka, seem to come out of nowhere but worth asking. As several games this year have pointed out, an extra point guard could be very useful at times in the season. While unlikely to get significant playing time, for anyone with a career goal of getting into coaching, a year or more with UConn creates a PHD degree of basketball knowledge. Doesn't hurt to have Geno as a mentor as well.

Reaction Score
UCONN is in need of a player 6' 3" at a minimum, high motor, long arms. quick leaper, loves contact, can play positions 2-4 at either end of the floor, dips snuff and can get to the rim in her sleep. Have you seen her? What's her name? I don't care how these services rank her...they should grab her if they see her.
I point you to Ayanna Patterson :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/18

Olivia Olson scored 26 points in front of Jamelle Elliott on Tuesday.

9-1/2 minutes of video highlights at the link.

Reaction Score
Olsen plays with a lot of control and slows the game down. Very efficient in her game. Interesting that she didn't throw up many jump shots but still scored at a very high rate. She has more help on that team than Ayanna and Ashlyn have. I love big guards in general. She'd be a solid pick up.

Reaction Score
I think she is more comfortable at the 4 but she will have competion from Brady who it more compentent as of now from the area that Amari missed most of her 7 shots. Inside we will have Dorka Paterson and Edwards next year, Carolyn at the three and Paige and Azzi in the backcourt with Nika as their rotational sub and energy provider. With those players we will certainly be able to hit some 3's and then have the middle open for the bigs and cutters.
If Aubrey is healthy next year I don’t see Paterson starting over her. With all the other offense that could be there Aubrey will be an asset defensively and rebounding and with extra playing time she’ll average 10 points a game just on trash put backs and the occasional fast break.

Reaction Score
BBDB805B-5014-4E21-9DA8-285ED7B1589B.png
Game 1 this Friday 5pm on ESPNU
Sidwell Friends (DC) vs Hopkins (MN)

Reaction Score
For God's sake get KK some help on that Germantown team. Can't watch it.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Aubrey and Ayanna are an interesting pair...lots of similarities.
Having both in the rotation next year would be helpful...especially defense and rebounding.
My impression is that Ayanna is a bit taller...has a bit more hops to her game. I'm hoping with her length and
athleticism she will be able to guard 4 positions on the court...maybe even toss in most centers if they aren't way taller.
If either of them show a consistent mid-range game, so much the better...to add to offensive rebound points/garbage
points and the occasional breakaway with a pass from Paige.

Good to see: thanks to Sluconn the reports on Ayanna's foul shooting are very encouraging. My sense was last season she was pretty much in the 60's percentage-wise. This year she seems to be at 75% or better in most games. Do that next year and...based on how some of our current players are shooting foul tries...she might outrank many.
Paige and Azzi: do not let this 'mere freshman-to be] beat you out in this category!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Her friends call her C. which is short for Cierra Toomey. Hopefully that "dips snuff" part is negotiable?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Her friends call her C. which is short for Cierra Toomey. Hopefully that "dips snuff" part is negotiable?

CoCoHusky, you know how high I am on C and my desire for her to come to UCONN. I see nothing on the radar to change my opinion, only things that reinforce what a catch she will be. Also, very high on guard O.O. in 24. There are others as you have extolled on in various posts, it's a waiting game and I am willing to Dip snuff for a while if it brings home our wish list of players I would hate it but I would dip for the cause.

Reaction Score
CoCoHusky, you know how high I am on C and my desire for her to come to UCONN. I see nothing on the radar to change my opinion, only things that reinforce what a catch she will be. Also, very high on guard O.O. in 24. There are others as you have extolled on in various posts, it's a waiting game and I am willing to Dip snuff for a while if it brings home our wish list of players I would hate it but I would dip for the cause.
Won't be necessary. ;)

Reaction Score
Snuff is for sniffing - not dipping.

Reaction Score
I point you to Ayanna Patterson :)
I hope so albeit she seems to like the midrange jumper versus instinctively attacking. Don't get me wrong...she does it well, but on offense I think this team needs more downhill attackers. CW can do it...when she does it. Caroline can, but she's not totally comfortable with driving in traffic. Paige can, but having her in traffic amongst bigs...IS NOT on my wish list. If I could assemble such a player....I would take the motor out of Day Wilson or Rori Harmon, the build of Latasha Lattimore from Texas and athleticism of Diamond Miller from Maryland. Collectively, when this player catches the ball near the paint...everyone on defense worries and knows they aren't even considering a jump shot. And...don't get me wrong I love the reemergence of the midrange offense, but when you look at what's here and what's coming...there's plenty of that. And if this player was a good passer...that's even better in UCONN's Princeton offensive scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom