James Akinjo | Page 5 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes it is.... Nice job making a negative mess of this thread everyone..

These will be all the same people who will complain that we don’t or can’t get good players to come here.

Or blame others when a MAL situation happens. Who is going to want to play in front of a fanbase who wrecks the thread about them coming here?

Your a Idiot if you think a 17 yo does not check the thread about him coming to play here daily..

But if he decomits it will fit the narrative of all the all the “ fire ollie” crowd. They will say “ see Ollie cant even keep recruits” when they contributed to the negative campaign in the kids thread..

Pollyannas on this board, regarding KO's firing: Nothing you say matters!
Pollyannas on this board, regarding recruiting: Watch what you say because it matters!

Reaction Score
Yes it is.... Nice job making a negative mess of this thread everyone..

These will be all the same people who will complain that we don’t or can’t get good players to come here.

Or blame others when a MAL situation happens. Who is going to want to play in front of a fanbase who wrecks the thread about them coming here?

Your a Idiot if you think a 17 yo does not check the thread about him coming to play here daily..

But if he decomits it will fit the narrative of all the all the “ fire ollie” crowd. They will say “ see Ollie cant even keep recruits” when they contributed to the negative campaign in the kids thread..
If he does read it hopefully he realizes the people posting here have little insight and even less say into the inner workings of the program.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Pollyannas on this board, regarding KO's firing: Nothing you say matters!
Pollyannas on this board, regarding recruiting: Watch what you say because it matters!

I can't believe I have to walk you through this given how high your IQ is.

The decision makers regarding KO's firing have far broader considerations than message board comments, and are buffered from this website by several degrees of separation (i.e. interns and lower-level employees).

The decision makers regarding recruiting -- the recruits and their families -- do indeed visit this site directly (as confirmed by the people who run the place), and are much more likely to get riled up over comments people make here than university administrators.

Reaction Score
I can't believe I have to walk you through this given how high your IQ is.

The decision makers regarding KO's firing have far broader considerations than message board comments, and are buffered from this website by several degrees of separation (i.e. interns and lower-level employees).

The decision makers regarding recruiting -- the recruits and their families -- do indeed visit this site directly (as confirmed by the people who run the place), and are much more likely to get riled up over comments people make here than university administrators.
You think they’re hearing things on this board that other coaches and people on the recruiting circuit aren’t telling them?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You think they’re hearing things on this board that other coaches and people on the recruiting circuit aren’t telling them?

Oh, well if other coaches are negatively recruiting against UConn then we should probably give them a hand. :confused:

What the heck is wrong with this place??? Honestly...

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Because it’s not making it worse.

Are people recruiting negatively against KO in general? Yes.

Can we assume that everyone we're recruiting has already heard everything that gets thrown around here? No.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Oh, well if other coaches are negatively recruiting against UConn then we should probably give them a hand. :confused:

What the heck is wrong with this place??? Honestly...

The new normal: root for UConn to lose, root for our signees to ask for releases...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
James, if you're reading this thread (and you probably are), 95% of Husky Nation wants you here! 95% of Husky Nation wants you to be the field general for the next generation. Come aboard and experience 16k people screaming "U-C-O-N-N!" because you made magic happen...

Reaction Score
Akinjo plays for a quality program from what I’ve seen in videos this season They may not have the most talented players (besides him) but they are disciplined, patient and run solid stuff. I hate to be cliche, but he seems like a real leader.

Reaction Score
James, if you're reading this thread (and you probably are), 95% of Husky Nation wants you here! 95% of Husky Nation wants you to be the field general for the next generation. Come aboard and experience 16k people screaming "U-C-O-N-N!" because you made magic happen...

100% of Husky Nation wants the scenario you envision.
90% appreciate that a new coach is required for this program to get back to national prominence.

The best case is for Akinjo to come and to play and learn under a coach that will get him and his teammates to reach their full potential.

Reaction Score
The new normal: root for UConn to lose, root for our signees to ask for releases...
The level of delusion on this board is mind-boggling. Anyone who criticizes our Dear Leader in a recruiting thread is rooting against the program. And random posts on a message board influence recruiting when there is a whole shady underworld devoted to influencing these kids. But I guess if you’re the last apologist, it helps to have an excuse (“it was the negative posts”) and a distraction (“people are rooting against the team”) if things go to hell in a hand basket this offseason again.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
100% of Husky Nation wants the scenario you envision.
90% appreciate that a new coach is required for this program to get back to national prominence.

The best case is for Akinjo to come and to play and learn under a coach that will get him and his teammates to reach their full potential.

Do you think f encouraging players to decommit/ask for NLI releases in the hopes that it accelerates the timetable for a coaching change is the kind of thing fans should be doing?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
The level of delusion on this board is mind-boggling. Anyone who criticizes our Dear Leader in a recruiting thread is rooting against the program. And random posts on a message board influence recruiting when there is a whole shady underworld devoted to influencing these kids. But I guess if you’re the last apologist, it helps to have an excuse (“it was the negative posts”) and a distraction (“people are rooting against the team”) if things go to hell in a hand basket this offseason again.

Plenty of people have transitioned to rooting against the program because they think that continued losses on the court and trouble on the recruiting trail make a coaching change more likely. I am far from the only person infuriated that people who are doing both of those things are calling themselves "UConn fans."

The site administrators here confirm time and time again that recruits and their families regularly read this site. You have no way of knowing which negative whispers have hit any of these kids or their parents. Then again, your posts here strongly indicate that you hope recruits are scared off by what they read here so that the program bottoms out and cuts the cord quicker.

Reaction Score
Plenty of people have transitioned to rooting against the program because they think that continued losses on the court and trouble on the recruiting trail make a coaching change more likely. I am far from the only person infuriated that people who are doing both of those things are calling themselves "UConn fans."

The site administrators here confirm time and time again that recruits and their families regularly read this site. You have no way of knowing which negative whispers have hit any of these kids or their parents. Then again, your posts here strongly indicate that you hope recruits are scared off by what they read here so that the program bottoms out and cuts the cord quicker.
One of those site administrators has warned you over and over to stop what you're doing and you continue to do it.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Ollie is gone after this year....

Hate to break it to some of you but

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
One of those site administrators has warned you over and over to stop what you're doing and you continue to do it.

Nice non sequitor bud. I'm sorry my opinions trigger you and make you so upset.

I take warnings from the moderators seriously. Warnings from you? LMAO. Any credibility you thought you had evaporated when you stepped up to defend one of the guys who maintains that he wants the team to lose out. Fishy can do his own job without you latching onto his ankle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Where do I hope recruits are scared off? Point to it. My posts here indicate that I think it’s ridiculous that the thought police puts words in people’s mouth and accuses people of rooting against the program. You just did exactly that and proved my point. Thank you. And I disagree that a random poster can influence a recruit. Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom