James Akinjo | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JOSH C.@Josh_calbert
A lot college coaches called me last night from the Gridley tournament & telling me James Akinjo was another level.
3:05 PM - Dec 8, 2017

supreme‏ @MrMojays 19m19 minutes ago
Replying to @Josh_calbert
James is an elite PG in America and it shows everytime he plays lately. Pull up jumpers from the elbows and baseline not even hitting the rim. Decision making on another level. Not to mention he’s a pitt bull aggressively. He’s outstanding

pj

Reaction Score
He's what we hoped to get with Alterique.

Like Emmit Matthews too, looks like an underrated talent. I doubt Kisunas is more than a role player but he may have been partly a favor to the Brewster coach, who helped us with Sid Wilson at least and will be an important friend going forward.

Reaction Score
JOSH C.@Josh_calbert
A lot college coaches called me last night from the Gridley tournament & telling me James Akinjo was another level.
3:05 PM - Dec 8, 2017

supreme‏ @MrMojays 19m19 minutes ago
Replying to @Josh_calbert
James is an elite PG in America and it shows everytime he plays lately. Pull up jumpers from the elbows and baseline not even hitting the rim. Decision making on another level. Not to mention he’s a pitt bull aggressively. He’s outstanding
Alright, that's our boy. Incoming!

Reaction Score
Everybody that I’ve talked to that has seen him play in person say he is a great decision maker, great pulling up, good at finishing with either hand, and a tireless defender. He has everything you need from a program leader, which is what I believe he will be. Some people don’t believe he will have a huge role next season, but from everything I’ve heard and videos I’ve seen I’m expecting this kid to take a leadership role as a freshman. It’s hard not to follow someone who plays a complete game and never takes a play off.

Reaction Score
Everybody that I’ve talked to that has seen him play in person say he is a great decision maker, great pulling up, good at finishing with either hand, and a tireless defender. He has everything you need from a program leader, which is what I believe he will be. Some people don’t believe he will have a huge role next season, but from everything I’ve heard and videos I’ve seen I’m expecting this kid to take a leadership role as a freshman. It’s hard not to follow someone who plays a complete game and never takes a play off.

You missed the handle :) I watched this video last week and it was pretty impressive. He probably dribbles to much, but man can he handle the ball... I don't want to start thinking about next season yet, but it looks like he will be very fun to watch. Probably underrated but our recruits tend to be viewed with rose colored glasses here so I won't get into the prognostication business.

Reaction Score
Well we missed (or whatever) on Waters but he seems to the 2018 edition. I hope he makes it here
BTW does anyone know how many Matthews Jr got in their blow out win

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Well we missed (or whatever) on Waters but he seems to the 2018 edition. I hope he makes it here
BTW does anyone know how many Matthews Jr got in their blow out win
I have heard the Tremont Waters thrown around quite a bit when asking for a comparable player, also heard Quentin Snider but I think he’ll be better than snider.

Reaction Score
Losing him is my main fear if Ollie is let go...

Exactly my thoughts. Maybe Ollie needs a player like him to be successful. And that can be a knock Against his coaching abilities, but if he has this type of ooster coming next year it' probably not the time to let him go. Unless we are confident we wouldn't lose him.

The thought of this kid and vital and AG if he gets healthy.... things could be really good for us.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Exactly my thoughts. Maybe Ollie needs a player like him to be successful. And that can be a knock Against his coaching abilities, but if he has this type of ooster coming next year it' probably not the time to let him go. Unless we are confident we wouldn't lose him.

The thought of this kid and vital and AG if he gets healthy.... things could be really good for us.
Alterique was brought in to run the team. We have not had consistency at the guard position since bazz/boat left. We also haven't had players stay and keep the program stable while knowing the system so they can progress to the following year. It's hard for Adams every year to learn everything over again because we always have new players. We have two players in Adams and Vital who played last year and are returning. It's hard for Ollie to run a successful program when this keeps happening and he had to fill voids with transfers. We had a good class this last year and next years with Wilson looks like it will be even better. Akinjo could be the start and the player we wanted Gilbert to be. Gilbert could be if he is healthy

Reaction Score
Losing him is my main fear if Ollie is let go...
Could lose him even if KO remains....LOI means little until the kid sets foot on campus. If KO gets us to the Tourney & stays that is best route to keeping Akinjo in the fold, If we miss the Tourney after another bad year and KO still stays maybe Akinjo re-thinks options anyway.

If KO is gone wtf knows what the team will look like....which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but Akinjo would obviously be someone you want on your team.

Reaction Score
Could lose him even if KO remains....LOI means little until the kid sets foot on campus. If KO gets us to the Tourney & stays that is best route to keeping Akinjo in the fold, If we miss the Tourney after another bad year and KO still stays maybe Akinjo re-thinks options anyway.

If KO is gone wtf knows what the team will look like....which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but Akinjo would obviously be someone you want on your team.

So a LOI means nothing? I guess they should just go with I'll go to said school if I feel like it. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Looks like Ollie found a diamond before he exploded on the scene. Now other schools are taking notice

Now when these other schools start saying that the fanbase and media is calling for the man who recruited him’s head.. Many on the boneyard are actually helping to negatively recruit against their own team.

Slamming the head coach in a public forum that recruits and opponents watch constantly does nothing to help the
program.

It is extremely sad to see so many hope and pray for failure. I sure hope the grass is greener on the other side. If not welcome to Indiana and UCLA part II without the great conference to fall back on.

Reaction Score
You don’t keep a coach because of a recruit. Ask Washington, I’m sure that Fultz on a crappy team wasn’t worth keeping Romar around now that they see how much better Hopkins has already made them.

Hopefully Ollie can flip the script and make this a non-issue anyway.

pj

Reaction Score
Looks like Ollie found a diamond before he exploded on the scene. Now other schools are taking notice

Now when these other schools start saying that the fanbase and media is calling for the man who recruited him’s head.. Many on the boneyard are actually helping to negatively recruit against their own team.

Slamming the head coach in a public forum that recruits and opponents watch constantly does nothing to help the program.

It is extremely sad to see so many hope and pray for failure. I sure hope the grass is greener on the other side. If not welcome to Indiana and UCLA part II without the great conference to fall back on.

It is extremely sad to see so many people who have nothing better to do than complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom