James Akinjo | Page 9 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And we know this is a fact, how?

Would not be a surprise if he asks for a release if KO is let go....he's entitled to ask for a release of his commitment if the head coach leaves. It is not uncommon for such a thing to happen...always one of the possible bad outcomes of a coaching change.

Reaction Score
Would not be a surprise if he asks for a release if KO is let go....he's entitled to ask for a release of his commitment if the head coach leaves. It is not uncommon for such a thing to happen...always one of the possible bad outcomes of a coaching change.
One the old “ be careful what you wish for “ things

Reaction Score
Chatter, guessing, innuendo? Has this kid actually told anyone where it can be reasonably verified that he would not come to a UCONN if KO leaves or is fired? Our program is not exactly on an upswing. We are falling in a black hole. And we don’t hear players singing his praises or even defending him that much. I would contend that a new coach who can show that he can run a better offense might show this kid that it would be an advantage with a change.

Reaction Score
He's said the reason he's coming to UConn is KO. If KO is fired, Akinjo will have plenty of suitors.

This is the main reason why I hope somehow Ollie can find that magic touch once again.

Reaction Score
We all assume Akinjo is going to be great, yet there is no reason to assume he will be as impactful as we think based on KOs track record. I wouldn't burn down the program to gamble on a 4 star savior.

Reaction Score
The team is going to look nothing like what most seem to be anticipating.

Christ, they're talking about a kid who's slated to come here next year. I'm not sure why that bothers you so much. If Ollie gets canned and he goes elsewhere, so be it.

But you stopped posting back in November so none of this matters.

Reaction Score
It's possibly more global than just Akinjo. If KO is let go, it would not be surprising if all the coaches are let go, depending on who the new coach is. I'm sure an effort will be made to keep all the recruits; hopefully that will be successful. If the new coach would be a head coach leaving another school, they could "bring" recruits with them unless their release stipulates they can't follow that guy. Just sayin' that an instant turn-around should not necessarily be expected...

Reaction Score
Christ, they're talking about a kid who's slated to come here next year. I'm not sure why that bothers you so much. If Ollie gets canned and he goes elsewhere, so be it.

But you stopped posting back in November so none of this matters.
Ratner is a great fan. He doesn't watch the games he just humps my leg every chance he gets.

Reaction Score
We all assume Akinjo is going to be great, yet there is no reason to assume he will be as impactful as we think based on KOs track record. I wouldn't burn down the program to gamble on a 4 star savior.

That's a great point.

Would you rather have Akinjo under KO's tutelage, the same coach who failed to develop Purvis and is wasting Jalen Adams's career? Or do you try your hand with different recruits under a different coach?

What's that saying about doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Reaction Score
That's a great point.

Would you rather have Akinjo under KO's tutelage, the same coach who failed to develop Purvis and is wasting Jalen Adams's career? Or do you try your hand with different recruits under a different coach?

Failed to develop Purvis LOL that's such a stupid statement.

Reaction Score
I think we've just been told to get ready for a full do-over.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He was here 4 years, including the transfer/redshirt. Did you see him get appreciably better?

He was a guard who couldn’t dribble, had poor vision and low court awareness (hence stepping OB at least once a game).

What he became was a very serviceable player.

Reaction Score
That's a great point.

His FT% went from 51% to 81% @ UConn after G. Miller incorporated the Nash Drill which Purvis LOVED.

Reaction Score
He was here 4 years, including the transfer/redshirt. Did you see him get appreciably better?

He was older and arrived as a potential stud based on videos. Truth be told he became a very solid defender and shooter but never a consistent finisher. He had small hands which led him to lose the ball in traffic while trying to finish, often. While he looked explosive he rarely showed that in game. The things that held him back are all in the "work on it in the summer if you want to get better" or maybe it's just not going to get better. I liked Rodney, his passion for UConn basket is not matched by anyone on that roster right now but his shortcomings were on him. I thought he improved every year as a shooter and became a little more than streaky by his last year. That is also due to his work in the gym on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom