James Akinjo | Page 8 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would definitely sleep on onourah. He has shown nothing at an ivy leagur level. You sleep on youth if anything--so maybe carlton.

Good defense can be very different looking than the 2014 championship d did. Sagging defense, targeted ball pressure, and playing passing lanes is a better bet for this team, imo.

Vital is a good example. Last uear he was not great on-ball, but played passing lanes and help very well.

Jerk!

In the great Husky tradition of Wane and Okwandu ... Daniel Onaurah will be key in my moments this year.

Reaction Score
Nice! Love to see the 2018 class come together. Neither of these guys are stretches or late signings. Real ballers with talent who want to bleed blue.

Now lets get another guard (carey or nembhard) and a big (carrigan) and we have some nice 3-4 year pieces in there. Thats a team to bring us back to relevance

Lets not forget that akinjo was peach jam mvp and has outplayed 5 stars all summer. His ranking is because his nba potential is lower due to his height. His skill with the ball is amazing.

Reaction Score
Do we think this affects Carey's decision at all?

No one knows what carey is thinking. We will still have vital and alterique, so it may.

Wow... thats already an insanely talented backcourt

pj

Reaction Score
Do we think this affects Carey's decision at all?

It surely does but they have to pitch him on the ability to play alongside Akinjo and maybe Alterique as well. The ability to be on a championship caliber team, and get challenged by high level talent in practice as well as games.

Reaction Score
Kamiri Smith, his AAU teammate from the Bay who took an unofficial last week, just transferred to near by Woodstock Academy. Would make a lot of sense for James to follow that path.

SAE looked fun yesterday
2jc8y0j.jpg

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Akinjo would be a nice addition but Carey would make it a damn good class that can be a solid base for the future

C

Chief00

CV is the new Rodney on recruiting visits
It was never Rodney it was Bunkey - and Rodney hung out with Bunkey and Sam II.

But that being said - we are now apparently at least 2 for 3 since the Chilling with Chill @ Blaze. The plan is working as I predicted it would 2 weeks ago. KO though gets a lot of credit on this one - I am told.

C

Chief00

Yes but The staff is selling it as a 2 pg guard system ...

Not to Jinx it will have bad mojo but I posted a Tuesday a or a Monday announcement last week
You did - kudos! I was doing other things during this visit - but you nailed it.

I would also add three Guard system: two PGs and a Shooting Guard.

Reaction Score
Yes but The staff is selling it as a 2 pg guard system ...

Not to Jinx it will have bad mojo but I posted a Tuesday a or a Monday announcement last week

Having our 1-2-3 locked up would be AWESOME. Could really focus on a low 4-star big, someone realistic, but better than we have been getting lately

Reaction Score
Yeah the staff thought they had it basically locked up on Wednesday or Thursday of last week. They were a little shocked that the big guy cancel The Visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom