James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown | Page 4 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown

Reaction Score
Akinjo was an Ollie guy and why waste a scholarship on a player with this potential baggage who will only be here 1 year. We’re all set with Bouk, Cole, Gaffney, and Adams for next year. It makes no sense on his end either - he’s better off going to a low end P5 school and being the best player like he was at Georgetown until today.

Reaction Score
By “this way,” do you mean transfers in general or taking second chances on kids with possible disciplinary issues? I think Hurley disagrees with you on the former.
Both. He isn't building the program around transfers, especially not other peoples problems.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I doubt UConn wants to enter the BE fresh off poaching transfers from another BE school, regardless of baggage.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If anything it would piss off Cole or Gaffney. I'd rather have another pure shooter next year than a point guard, but Akinjo has talent
You are bad culture.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Word around reddit and twitter is not good. We will want nothing to do with these guys.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
lol. I really shouldn't have to explain to you how different a situation brigning in RJ Cole is.

Ollie was building the program on transfers.

Just wanted to make sure you’re prepared for Hurley to bring in individual transfers when he sees fit.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Akinjo was an Ollie guy and why waste a scholarship on a player with this potential baggage who will only be here 1 year. We’re all set with Bouk, Cole, Gaffney, and Adams for next year. It makes no sense on his end either - he’s better off going to a low end P5 school and being the best player like he was at Georgetown until today.
Low end P5? Have you seen him play? He has played against some elite teams and has performed great
You sound like KO/UConn was the only team after him
Oh I get it, it's the KO thing
Not saying that DH should entertain even looking at him, pending the outcome of this latest action, but to think he couldn't help UConn is ridiculous.
As with JB, if Akinjo did do something "stupid", I hope he learns from it, take his medicine and comes out a better person

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Akinjo cannot transfer here.

UConn has agreed to abide to all of the Big East’s rules from the date of the contract on - the Big East does not permit intra-conference transfers in basketball.

That aside, they would not be interested in this one even if the rule did not exist....

Reaction Score
Even drugs probably isn't getting you kicked off a team seven games in unless you're dealing hard stuff. Especially when you'r the star player. There's only one thing I can think of that would be immediate termination.
which is?

Reaction Score
He will go back to the west coast. If misdeeds are not damning Hopkins will be all over him

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Akinjo cannot transfer here.

UConn has agreed to abide to all of the Big East’s rules from the date of the contract on - the Big East does not permit intra-conference transfers in basketball.

That aside, they would not be interested in this one even if the rule did not exist....
Can we still fight about it here though?

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Found on the Georgetown board

Edit:
Taking down the photo. A filing for a restraining order against two Georgetown players. Akinjo not named

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Rumor is sexual assault and multiple instances of theft. Just post the rumor here, some people love to feel important

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom