James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown | Page 6 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Why not? She's safer if everybody knows they are a threat to her. Other people will be watching out for her. And if they sexually assaulted her, the public shaming is a good thing.

A lot of people prefer star athletes over alleged victims. It's been On TV.

Reaction Score
Burglary and threats of assault, oh my. Not good stuff. I hope these kids can make it out of this okay.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
All this crap happened 3 months ago and involved up to 4 players and there was never any disciplinary action?

Reaction Score
Why?? If they did this, they shouldn’t get out of this ok. I’m hoping you mean the victims.
I don't wish any harm on anyone. I believe in the saying, you do the crime, you do the time. These kids can reform if they choose to and may get a second chance. I hope they can get past this and move on and can be productive members of society at the least after this, academics and basketball aside.

Reaction Score
Low end P5? Have you seen him play? He has played against some elite teams and has performed great
You sound like KO/UConn was the only team after him
Oh I get it, it's the KO thing
Not saying that DH should entertain even looking at him, pending the outcome of this latest action, but to think he couldn't help UConn is ridiculous.
As with JB, if Akinjo did do something "stupid", I hope he learns from it, take his medicine and comes out a better person
No one doubts his talent. It’s because he’s likely only playing one more year of college ball (he’ll be a Junior next year), and he would want to step into a role where he can be the main guy and Improve his draft stock as opposed to being another cog in the machine of a deep team like UConn. He’s more likely to get that role with a P5 team that is at the mid to bottom of their conference - like a BC.
Also, this baggage may be much worse than Bouk’s joyride. P5 teams don’t just boot their best player off the team this fast.

Reaction Score
Got it. That makes sense. I was thinking he was a PG since there was so much talk about his lack of jump shot.

He is the epitome of a slashing wing. Think Sid Wilson with a much better handle and more athleticism who attacks the rim as aggressively as possible. He will posterize many during his college career.

Reaction Score

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I can not "like" posts so I will just tell you I like this post.
I just discovered that I can Dislike posts.
Even though I don't favor there being such an option, I'm celebrating by using it on posts in this thread that are unsuitable for this Forum.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Good timetable of everything is in this comment on Causal Hoya:

https://www.casualhoya.com/2019/12/...es-akinjo-josh-leblac-patrick-ewing#520279217

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
From the link I tried to post above but isn't working, here's a good summary writeup.
  • September 2019 – incident alleged involving LeBlanc and other basketball players that generates at least two police reports to Metro and reports to DOPS
  • November 5, 2019 – civil lawsuit is filed by female students against LeBlanc and Alexander. A motion for a temporary restraining order is filed the same day.
  • November 5, 2019 – A DOPS Officer serves the complaints and TRO motions on LeBlanc and Alexander.
  • November 6, 2019 – Opening game against Mount St. Mary’s. LeBlanc does not play. Alexander does, but does not start. Team has to come back from being down double digits to win.
  • November 12, 2019 – Second lawsuit and motion for TRO is filed, naming LeBlanc, Alexander, and Gardner as defendants.
  • November 14, 2019, 10:15am – Hearing is held on the temporary restraining order in the case against LeBlanc and Alexander. LeBlanc and Alexander do not show up to the hearing. The plaintiff testified under oath and the TRO is granted. Among other things, LeBlanc and Alexander are ordered not to "assault," "threaten," "harass," or "physically abuse" the plaintiff.
  • November 14, 2019, 6:30pm – Georgetown takes the floor to play against Penn State. Despite having the TRO granted agains them, LeBlanc and Alexander both dress for the game. LeBlanc plays 20 minutes off the bench; Alexander plays 17. Georgetown loses by 15.
  • November 15, 2019 – A copy of the TRO is served by a DOPS Officer on LeBlanc and Alexander.
  • November 20, 2019, 2:30pm – The Court holds a hearing on whether to issue a preliminary injunction (a longer lasting form of a TRO) against LeBlanc and Alexander. LeBlanc and Alexander do not show up to the hearing. The plaintiff again testified under oath. The preliminary injunction is granted. The Court concludes that the plaintiff is "likely to suffer irreparable harm in the absence of injunctive relief" and the "[t]here is a substantial likelihood Plaintiff will prevail on the merits." LeBlanc and Alexander are ordered to stay 50 feet away from the plaintiff. They are also ordered not to "assault, threaten, harass, or communicate with" the Plaintiff.
  • November 21, 2019 – LeBlanc and Alexander both play in Georgetown’s win over Texas.
  • December 2, 2019 – Georgetown issues a press release stating that "James Akinjo and Josh LeBlanc will not be playing for the men’s basketball team effective immediately." News accounts confirm that they have placed their names in the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
He’s not going transfer and give up a prime season leading a P5 team just because a few of his teammates are apparently in big trouble. He’s not named in any of the docs so far, but he’s likely too close to the heat/worried about potential legal exposure to stick around.

If he was studying in the library while his teammates were out doing these alleged acts I doubt he’d be jumping in the transfer portal the day it becomes public.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
From the link I tried to post above but isn't working, here's a good summary writeup.
  • September 2019 – incident alleged involving LeBlanc and other basketball players that generates at least two police reports to Metro and reports to DOPS
  • November 5, 2019 – civil lawsuit is filed by female students against LeBlanc and Alexander. A motion for a temporary restraining order is filed the same day.
  • November 5, 2019 – A DOPS Officer serves the complaints and TRO motions on LeBlanc and Alexander.
  • November 6, 2019 – Opening game against Mount St. Mary’s. LeBlanc does not play. Alexander does, but does not start. Team has to come back from being down double digits to win.
  • November 12, 2019 – Second lawsuit and motion for TRO is filed, naming LeBlanc, Alexander, and Gardner as defendants.
  • November 14, 2019, 10:15am – Hearing is held on the temporary restraining order in the case against LeBlanc and Alexander. LeBlanc and Alexander do not show up to the hearing. The plaintiff testified under oath and the TRO is granted. Among other things, LeBlanc and Alexander are ordered not to "assault," "threaten," "harass," or "physically abuse" the plaintiff.
  • November 14, 2019, 6:30pm – Georgetown takes the floor to play against Penn State. Despite having the TRO granted agains them, LeBlanc and Alexander both dress for the game. LeBlanc plays 20 minutes off the bench; Alexander plays 17. Georgetown loses by 15.
  • November 15, 2019 – A copy of the TRO is served by a DOPS Officer on LeBlanc and Alexander.
  • November 20, 2019, 2:30pm – The Court holds a hearing on whether to issue a preliminary injunction (a longer lasting form of a TRO) against LeBlanc and Alexander. LeBlanc and Alexander do not show up to the hearing. The plaintiff again testified under oath. The preliminary injunction is granted. The Court concludes that the plaintiff is "likely to suffer irreparable harm in the absence of injunctive relief" and the "[t]here is a substantial likelihood Plaintiff will prevail on the merits." LeBlanc and Alexander are ordered to stay 50 feet away from the plaintiff. They are also ordered not to "assault, threaten, harass, or communicate with" the Plaintiff.
  • November 21, 2019 – LeBlanc and Alexander both play in Georgetown’s win over Texas.
  • December 2, 2019 – Georgetown issues a press release stating that "James Akinjo and Josh LeBlanc will not be playing for the men’s basketball team effective immediately." News accounts confirm that they have placed their names in the transfer portal.
If Ewing knew and was still dressing these guys, he's gotta be out as coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom