James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown | Page 5 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown

Reaction Score
Rumor is sexual assault and multiple instances of theft. Just post the rumor here, some people love to feel important

I can not "like" posts so I will just tell you I like this post.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Is it under seal? If it's in chambers it's not public.

They said it was public on the Georgetown boards which is I’m presuming how they got the info but honestly no skin off my back if the mods wanna take it down

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
It’s a public filing.
I was wrong about it not being public, but even still...kind of feel like we shouldn't be spreading victim's name. If you want it go look up the case. There are many more details on the DC court website. I feel like they should stay there.

pj

Reaction Score
I was wrong about it not being public, but even still...kind of feel like we shouldn't be spreading victim's name. If you want it go look up the case. There are many more details on the DC court website. I feel like they should stay there.

Why not? She's safer if everybody knows they are a threat to her. Other people will be watching out for her. And if they sexually assaulted her, the public shaming is a good thing.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Why not? She's safer if everybody knows they are a threat to her. Other people will be watching out for her. And if they sexually assaulted her, the public shaming is a good thing.
Publicity rarely does a victim good. People, especially women and victims of sexual assault, often use "don't want the attention" as a reason to not come forward.

There is a population out there who will blame her for getting men in trouble. That will not make her life easier.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Publicity rarely does a victim good. People, especially women and victims of sexual assault, often use "don't want the attention" as a reason to not come forward.

There is a population out there who will blame her for getting men in trouble. That will not make her life easier.

Especially if those men happen to be athletes.

Reaction Score
He’s probably not coming here. I think if hurley wanted akinjo he would have recruited him really hard after the Decommit when he got the job

But akinjo is a very good player and so fun to watch. He’s one of the only non-uconn players I took an interest in watching last season though I didn’t see any of his games this year. As long as he isn’t in huge trouble, he should have a very good career wherever he ends up.

Reaction Score
So why LeBlanc and not Alexander also? And how is Akinjo in this?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My initial thought, before I read a single msg in this thread, was, "Phew! A bullet dodged." And after reading most of the threads here, and the stuff on Reddit, I couldn't be happier that he isn't here.

Reaction Score
Looks like 2 other players are also the subject of criminal complaints. Gardner and Alexander

Reaction Score
After a public filing appears on Reddit, any chance no one sees it?

As the plaintiff’s attorney likely advised her would occur, the filing and her name are now very public.

EDIT:
Raising my hand acknowledging Akinjo was not included in at least one prematurely referenced public filing. My bad after other posts either directly stated or implied Akinjo was involved in incidents with other Hoyas’ players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I must have missed that bit...
Yeah, I think the whole world missed that. Because it didn’t happen. But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good story. Who is the moron that posted that??

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
According to the NBC article, the plaintiff in the restraining order is not the same woman who was the victim of the assault.

Akinjo, to this point, is not named in any complaints per that article.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom