James Akinjo Decommits | Page 4 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo Decommits

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You’d love to keep the kid - he’s a winner.

But we have to move on.

There’s a reason that two of our recruits live as far away from New England as you can get while keeping your feet dry and the other is from Lithuania.

We need someone who can walk into a New England gym and not have the place drop ten degrees.

Reaction Score
Tough loss. Serious and determined player with skills.
Yup sucks. Maybe he will like the new guy - I'd say Wilson is the only lock to stay because he would not want to sit another year.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the next coach can reach out to James and get him to reconsider. Don't blame him for being nervous and disappointed but he was going to be more disappointed if a necessary move was delayed.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
Did anyone really think there wouldn't be massive changes in light of this??

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
So it goes. This was never going to be an easy of painless process. We're on the road to recovery, to believe there won't be any casualties along the way is ignorant.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Hopefully the next coach can reach out to James and get him to reconsider. Don't blame him for being nervous and disappointed but he was going to be more disappointed if a necessary move was delayed.

I'm with you. If the next coach can quickly re-engage with him, that would be the best outcome for us. I really think he's got a chance to be a special player based on all the press clippings and accolades over the past few months...

Reaction Score
You’d love to keep the kid - he’s a winner.

But we have to move on.

There’s a reason that two of our recruits live as far away from New England as you can get while keeping your feet dry and the other is from Lithuania.

We need someone who can walk into a New England gym and not have the place drop ten degrees.
So you suspect coach "Chill" is gone too?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Knew this would happen but I hate losing the best player in this class and someone who can handle the ball

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So you suspect coach "Chill" is gone too?

When the head coach is fired, the staff is effectively fired.

They’re still working now because we need to have a coaching staff in place for the current players, but they will all likely be dismissed when the new coach comes in.

However, if I’m the guy taking this job, I try to keep Chill.

Reaction Score
This kid was really good.. And NO. you are not going to recruit him all over.. several P5 teams have been recruiting him but he was loyal to KO..

It sucks.. Many will be disgusted in 2 years thinking about losing this kid...

Reaction Score
Expected, and a loss. If nothing else, we're short at least two guards. And, I'm sure the bleeding isn't over yet. Hopefully the new coach can find a way to put a team on the court next season that at least knows what color the ball is. We're probably in for more bad news before we get what we hope is good news. And then probably a tough year next year at minimum. Unfortunately it is an expected result of moving on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom