James Akinjo Decommits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo Decommits

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
We're making an omelet, fellas.

For a team that was literally zero true PGs on the roster, it hurts.

This would be the year to try and get heavy grad transfer help so the new coach doesn’t get encumbered with below standard players for a longer term.

Reaction Score

This would be the year to try and get heavy grad transfer help so the new coach doesn’t get encumbered with below standard players for a longer term.

Please, no more grad transfers. Hopefully whoever we hire can bring some of his recruits with him.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Do you want the omelet or not?

Nobody is saying this is good in a vacuum. It's something we have to live with in order to achieve our goal of not being disgustingly bad.

Also, I hope/assume Gilbert is coming back. If he'll be healthy, he'll be great.

the Q

Reaction Score
Do you want the omelet or not?

Nobody is saying this is good in a vacuum. It's something we have to live with in order to achieve our goal of not being disgustingly bad.

Also, I hope/assume Gilbert is coming back. If he'll be healthy, he'll be great.

I’m with you.

But I’m also not counting on Gilbert at all now. It’s not personal but that shoulder hasn’t held up at all Two straight years.

I just don’t know who the chef is so it’s hard for me to say what this is yet.

the Q

Reaction Score
Please, no more grad transfers. Hopefully whoever we hire can bring some of his recruits with him.

My guess is that we’re gonna need more than that. But no one In Particular am I speculating on. Just mere conjecture on my part.

Reaction Score
Not upset one bit. Completely worth it. It honestly annoys me when recruits say how good of a coach Ollie is. He’s an awful coach and players just can’t see that.

Recruiting is about the relationship with coach more than anything. Kids need to feel comfortable. Ollie forms good relationships.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

There is absolutely nothing wrong with grad transfers. The fact that the two we brought in this year weren’t good cannot change that.

Reaction Score
I don't see Gilbert leaving -- after sitting out 2 years, he'd have to sit out another year if he transferred.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That’s possible but it doesn’t seem to happen much.

Archie Miller kept Crean’s entire last class intact at IU last year. I’m not sure if anyone else was able to pull that off.

Reaction Score
I don't see Gilbert leaving -- after sitting out 2 years, he'd have to sit out another year if he transferred.

Gilbert, Adams, Wilson are 3 who basically can't leave. Except for Adams and the pros overseas.

Everyone else might even relish the opportunity to have a redshirt year and develop.

Reaction Score
There is absolutely nothing wrong with grad transfers. The fact that the two we brought in this year weren’t good cannot change that.

We have been depending on grad transfers far too much lately. The occasional transfer is okay but rather see us get kids we can take time to develop. Hopefully with a new coach we won't face all the negative recruiting that we've endured these past two or three years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom