Jalen likely returning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen likely returning

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Need to find someone that can shoot consistently to join that group.

Without question. It's still a massive hole. And despite poster's various opinions of him, losing Larrier actually hurts us shooting-wise.

Reaction Score
Akinjo is a PG and will allow Jalen to play off the ball and fill in at PG much the way Ben Gordon was used. If Gilbert stays healthy all the better. It isn't likely that we will sign another guard at this late date.
Why can't we get another Anderson type? Those type will definitely be out there and we should have the room without speculating on who might leave.

Reaction Score
Need to find someone that can shoot consistently to join that group.
Polley has potential. Plus he isn't a slug. I think he actually will improve on his own work ethic. As a shooter....

Emmitt Mattews Jr. has a nice stroke from what I hear. Never saw him play though.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Polley has potential. Plus he isn't a slug. I think he actually will improve on his own work ethic. As a shooter....

Emmitt Mattews Jr. has a nice stroke from what I hear. Never saw him play though.

What they really need is for Adams to become a knock down outside shooter. That would change the dynamic immensely.

I think the ability is there, it's just a matter of him doing it. And then the team being constructed in manner (both scheme/personnel) that allows him to better play that role. Today he got twenty five and was SMOTHERED.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I know Emmit Mathews could play some guard but he looks better suited to play SF. I rather Wilson play up from too.

Wilson is smaller than Larrier. If he plays the 4 were going so, so small it hurts.

Reaction Score
We know what CV and JA will bring to the table, but to be decent 2 of the newbies will need to be a double figure scorer.

Reaction Score
Wilson is smaller than Larrier. If he plays the 4 were going so, so small it hurts.
Have you watched his tapes he looks like he rebounds well and plays good for his height. If we can have a dynamic 4 on our team who can go inside and out that will create matchup problems for other teams. Offense has been abysmal because we don't have dynamic players playing 1-4. Only Jalen is that. Have you watched our bigs? Having 2 of them on the floor is like having a black hole on offense at those two positions.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not a big Larrier fan as he doesn't do the things you need to win. He can shoot some, but his rebounding is subpar, along with his strength and defense. Good player but not someone that will be missed as some think he will. I do think Wilson can fill his spot with Matthews helping with the shooting at the small forward spot.

Adams coming back is big as he will be the leader without a doubt and needs to play shooting guard spot, not point.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying he might be declaring, but I won't celebrate until the declaration period is over. If he has a very good March with extended play, things could change. Unlikely (the extended play that is) but still . . . . . . . . . .

Its like I'm kinda hoping we don't 'go off' in March. First time ever feeling that way. but I love me some Jalen.

Reaction Score
Well, this makes things interesting. Praying that AG comes back next year. Lets see what the new coach (probably) can do his first season. Excited for the future!

Reaction Score
So early 2018 lineup projection:

PG: Adams-Gilbert/Akinjo
SG: Vital-Gilbert/Akinjo
SF: Polley-Mathews
PF: Wilson-Diarra
C: Carlton-Cobb

After that we have:

Whaley
Williams
Kisunas

Those three can work their way onto the court and into the rotation with strong off-seasons.

How do we feel about that team?
I feel like at least one decommits (maybe two) and probably three transfer.

Reaction Score
If Adams comes back and we have a new coach we might be back sooner than I thought was possible.
I wrote in earlier post Larrier leaving keeps everyone else here. EVEN Ollie!!

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I think we need to temper the excitement. There’s still a game and the aac tourney left. He’s saying the politically correct thing, unlike Larrier, because his focus should be on 2018.

He said it himself, “as of now...”

Reaction Score
I think we need to temper the excitement. There’s still a game and the aac tourney left. He’s saying the politically correct thing, unlike Larrier, because his focus should be on 2018.

He said it himself, “as of now...”
I personally won't fault Adams for leaving if he leads us to 11 straight wins and a title

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom