Jalen Gaffney Transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Exactly what was best for both. Thank You for your commitment Gaff. Now Do we need 3 guards yet?
Yes. We needed at least one more when diggins and gaffney were still here. So yeah. And this isn’t good.

Reaction Score
Losing Jalen and Rahsool doesn’t actually make us worse if we replace them with better guards. Which shouldn’t actually be hard
People don't like to see one of your own leave (which is understandable), but the talent was just not there. This is the reality of a program that expects to compete for titles. If you aren't good enough to cut it, you'll get replaced with new, hopefully better talent.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we’re in with any transfers, because this has been a depressing week haha

Reaction Score
Was this the second shoe that @husky99 was talking about? I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a quick commitment out of the portal.
Best of luck to Gaffney. I think we asked him to play a role he didn't fit. Hope he finds a team where the paint is more open on offense for his drives to the rim.

But I'd consider this a "flesh wound." 99's quote will continue to haunt my dreams until we have confirmation others are returning.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Good luck to Gaffney.

Like many said we needed a fresh start from the guard position. And now is time to get some from the portal. Can't complain that playing time is not available now! Time to fish in some bigger tunas.

Reaction Score
I’m a fan of his . My advise to him if he wants to be a successful point guard is concentrating more on the facilitator role rather than trying to be Kemba Walker
Plying within your own strengths increases confidence which is 50% of the game.
“Less can be more”

Reaction Score
Is this suppose to be a good take? You do realize that figuring out whether at 17 year old is going to work out is difficult. It's funny that you leave out his recruiting successes... but sure go ahead tell us why Hurley is such a bad recruiter.
I agree with you. The transfer portal and the no sit rule make it real hard to guage how good of a recruiter someone is. Transfer portal is too loose for my liking.

August_West

Reaction Score
when you are thin at guard with a possible 50 minutes a game between the 2 guards on your roster available and neither of them feel like they can compete for those minutes and transfer it speaks to a different issue. And is a more than a bit disconcerting.

Reaction Score
Losing A10 guards and replacing them with Big East guards is just better. How is this hard to understand?
They need to upgrade the talent level, especially at guard position. It’s just not easy to find 3 guys who are ready to contribute at a high level all in one offseason. Certainly doable and they can sell guys on plenty of PT. But this isn’t going to be easy.

August_West

Reaction Score
You don’t hold an impromptu media availability like that unless you’re trying to get ahead of bad news. Buckle up.
Yup ;-)

Reaction Score
when you are thin at guard with a possible 50 minutes a game between the 2 guards on your roster available and neither of them feel like they can compete for those minutes and transfer it speaks to a different issue. And is a more than a bit disconcerting.
I mean maybe Hurley didn’t want them back. That’s a more realistic possibility to me. They were told they would be recruited over(with transfers). They weren’t staring at 25min a game at UConn and decided to transfer anyway. We were always bringing in at least 3 impact guys imo once Cole left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom