Jalen Gaffney to UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney to UConn

Reaction Score
Thankfully Jalen Adams is graduating. Otherwise we would've had 2 Jalens and 2 last name Adams at guard. Would have been a nightmare to discuss them.

Reaction Score
We're gonna need more wax!

surf-shop.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It feels so damn good to have a staff here that understands how big the name "UConn" is and can communicate that to recruits. Can't wait to land top 5 classes every year once we start winning again...which seems like it will be very soon. Exciting times at the Capital!!

Reaction Score
Still any doubters on the Sept dam break?

#TrustInChief

Not so fast Chief but you’re getting closer to being able to take credit. One commit is a rise in water level. Two is clear distress in the structure. Three would be your predicted dam break. If Matrim is right about this weekend your clairvoyance will be proven. That said, it’s just a great start and even if the eventual break doesn’t come until next month or the spring, I’ll gladly take it. I’ve seen enough so far to keep me going until then and to believe this staff is going to get us where we want to go.

C

Chief00

Not so fast Chief but you’re getting closer to being able to take credit. One commit is a rise in water level. Two is clear distress in the structure. Three would be your predicted dam break. If Matrim is right about this weekend your clairvoyance will be proven. That said, it’s just a great start and even if the eventual break doesn’t come until next month or the spring, I’ll gladly take it. I’ve seen enough so far to keep me going until then and to believe this staff is going to get us where we want to go.
No offense, but Chief doesn’t need your validation. The results speak for themselves.

Reaction Score
No offense, but Chief doesn’t need your validation. The results speak for themselves.

Believe me, none taken. I’m really hoping you are proven correct. It might go down as the best prediction ever on The Boneyard.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Welcome Jalen.

Love this commit. His assist to turnover ratio should be a big plus in helping Hurley recruit Kofi, Akok and Precious.

Reaction Score
Corey Evans of Rivals posted this on TOS.

Very, very good start for the Huskies this fall. Look for them to place a greater priority on their frontcourt in the months ahead, that being Achiuwa, Akok, Wahab and Cockburn.

Best part about the two guard commitments is that each can play on and off of the ball and, more specifically, each can really shoot the basketball.

The last part is music to my ears.

Reaction Score
Cmon down Akok and Kofi! We have quite the backcourt for you!

If Hurley could add Akok, Kofi, and Achiuwa, to Gaffney and Bouknight, it would be one of the best recruiting classes EVER at UConn!

C

Chief00

"The Great and Powerful OZ!" I am a believer Mr. Chief. Thanks for sharing your insights with those of us on the boneyard who don't have the inside scoop. It's fun to get reliable info about what's happening under the radar. Oh yeah, and can you clarify for those of us who don't know you well... what's with the KC underwear? Are you a Len Dawson fan, Robert Parish fan, or a fan of the character in "One flew over the cockoo's nest?" Or maybe none of the above. Just asking? :)
Robert Parish
Also like the movie
Hear Stainmaster is dating Nurse Ratch
Tom came up with the underwear profile

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Congrats to UConn mens basketball, the staff and to the fans
These are 2 good commits
Not to downplay the commits but going into the fall signing season these were the two that offered the least competition from the national schools and were leans to UConn for at least the past 6 months
Now it's time to see if this so called dam is going to burst - UConn needs some 2019 big commits - 4s and 5s - if Coach Hurley gets some of these ranked in the top 100 - I don't care if it is September or December or March - it will be a recruiting effort and class well worth spouting about.
I am very excited to see what comes down the recruiting road

Reaction Score
What I like the most about these recruits is, well - it just seems like the staff's done a killer job evaluating these guys, how they all fit together, how they fit with what's here, etc. The leg work is there which is important, but the fit and development potential PLUS the idea that these two could be here for 3-4 years is huge. That and they're essentially done in the back court for a while and can really concentrate on bolstering the front court and fixate almost entirely on that. I love the guard mix here for the next few years, I really do.

As big a Hurley guy as i've been, I'm surprised to the degree to which he's hit every note perfectly so far. It's wild having an actual coaching staff again.

Reaction Score
These are 2 good commits
Not to downplay the commits but going into the fall signing season these were the two that offered the least competition from the national schools and were leans to UConn for at least the past 6 months
Now it's time to see if this so called dam is going to burst - UConn needs some 2019 big commits - 4s and 5s - if Coach Hurley gets some of these ranked in the top 100 - I don't care if it is September or December or March - it will be a recruiting effort and class well worth spouting about.
A bit of a downer post and not accurate.

Reaction Score
These are 2 good commits
Just curious, but what schools do you want to see UConn beat out?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom