Jalen Gaffney OV This Weekend | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney OV This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Chief never takes anything for granted when it comes to recruiting. I can say things are looking up.
For those who ask - yes I am staying with my prediction. Lots of water flowing through the dam break. Very positive vibe around Werth today.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Not sure whether jalapeno mac & cheese would be a good omen or a bad one. But it would be an omen of one sort or another for sure.
Def would give me the omens!!

Reaction Score
Watched every mixtape of Jalen Gaffney. Seven of them. To me, he looks like a better prospect than Akinjo. Quicker and more athletic. Very tough player, slight but rugged and fearless and has length for a 6 ft player. Takes it into traffic and scores or dishes instinctively. Has a complete game, looks good at everything. His court awareness is superb, knows where people are, lots of sharp and crafty passing, and controls the game with the ball in his hands. Scores in a hundred different ways, off balance, out of rhythm, doesn't matter, finishes at the rim every which way, a midrange game with great shot selection, and his three ball looks real good. Really like his stroke, very natural, nice follow through. Very springy, quick, pushes the ball, attacks at will. Love this guy as a player, college will really grow his game, could be really really good.

UConn Nation Jalen, The Mecca. Welcome!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
... aaaaand we just received our first Crystal Ball pick on 247Sports from Dain Ervin. The momentum keeps growing stronger lads!

Jalen Gaffney

• Undecided50%
  • UCONN50%
Crystal Ball Predictions for Jalen Gaffney

(and yes, I do take the Crystal Balls with a grain of salt... but they are kind of fun, and it feels so good to have so much positive Mojo going on around here after spending the last two years in a very cold, very desolate place)

Reaction Score

Looks like he's at the photoshoot portion of the OV. If you want to overlook the fact that most OV visitors would do this part even if they hadn't committed (I do), then I'll note that these are the same shoes and socks Bouknight is wearing in his commitment edit (here for reference)

If you go to Ray Allen's Instagram you'll see Ray likes to post shoes shots from various locations with annotations as to how far it is to Old Saybrook. Maybe Jalen can be our next Ray Allen.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
If you go to Ray Allen's Instagram you'll see Ray likes to post shoes shots from various locations with annotations as to how far it is to Old Saybrook. Maybe Jalen can be our next Ray Allen.
Those are just showing how far he ran and his route. Some of them are in Old Saybrook, but it's not relative to Old Saybrook.

Reaction Score
If bacon/jalapeno mac & cheese, plus the dairy bar doesn’t convince him to commit nothing will. I used to go to that dairy bar nearly 60 years ago with my mom. Hot fudge sunday with peppermint stick ice cream. I wonder if they still make that flavor? Was pink with little red and green pieces of peppermint candy in it.

Reaction Score
Keep him away from Clemson OV. Beautiful campus! Newly renovated basketball facilities. ACC. Tournament team last year. Underrated coach. They also have a great dairy bar. Plus all the extras. Big time football, great weather, not to mention the coeds! Plus, they just lost out on the top in state recruit so they will be going extra hard to land JG.

Reaction Score
Keep him away from Clemson OV. Beautiful campus! Newly renovated basketball facilities. ACC. Tournament team last year. Underrated coach. They also have a great dairy bar. Plus all the extras. Big time football, great weather, not to mention the coeds! Plus, they just lost out on the top in state recruit so they will be going extra hard to land JG.

It’s time for you to leave!!!!

Reaction Score

You nailed it, he's looking for big time football and ice cream :rolleyes:

C

Chief00

Agree, Chief might not turn down that visit. Will Jalen?
My sense is his Dad wants to attend many of his games - so that's a plus for us.

Reaction Score
Just got off the phone - yesterday went very well!
Main concern - I wished he had already gone on a couple OV visits. To pick UConn now he is giving up a OV to Clemson.

Bingo. Tons of positive vibes with Gaffney and if this was his last OV the odds of it being a done deal might be a lot higher.

Reaction Score
Just got off the phone - yesterday went very well!
Main concern - I wished he had already gone on a couple OV visits. To pick UConn now he is giving up a OV to Clemson.
Rut rho rastro. Is Chief putting a hedge around the dam?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
You either want a fun weekend or a spot on a team. Technically Wong could skunk him. Wouldn’t that be crazy, to see a guy commit to your position, while your visiting. I suppose the school would slow walk somebody.

Reaction Score
You either want a fun weekend or a spot on a team. Technically Wong could skunk him. Wouldn’t that be crazy, to see a guy commit to your position, while your visiting. I suppose the school would slow walk somebody.

Wong not committing to Miami (now a week after his OV) still strikes me as strange.

Reaction Score
But, this is where the school has some leverage, too. They share how much they want Jalen and how he fits in with them, both his game and him personally. They explain how they can develop him to meet his basketball goals.

Also, they reiterate that they have a lot of recruiting work to do and want to get their priority guards in place. They have guys who very much want to visit and one guy who already did, who didn’t yet make his choice. They’re not going to come in with too much pressure to turn him off, but everyone will know where each other stands.

Bouknight knew the deal and very much wanted to be a part of UConn basketball. You in, Jalen?!

pj

Reaction Score
Wong not committing to Miami (now a week after his OV) still strikes me as strange.

Maybe Miami is holding him off as they wait for higher rated recruits to decide (Anthony Harris, Cole Anthony, Jahmius Ramsey?). Or maybe UConn is holding him off to give Gaffney a chance to decide. Or maybe he's undecided. Whatever, things should settle out very soon.

Reaction Score
Maybe Miami is holding him off as they wait for higher rated recruits to decide (Anthony Harris, Cole Anthony, Jahmius Ramsey?). Or maybe UConn is holding him off to give Gaffney a chance to decide. Or maybe he's undecided. Whatever, things should settle out very soon.

You covered all the bases. Who outside the USofA would realize all these pressures and nuances to fielding a basketball team?

Reaction Score

I sure hope Hurley isn't doing that.

Reaction Score
Uconn has a beautiful campus. Top notch BB facilities. 4 NC’s in 20 years. Clemson was in tournament last year. We were NC in 2014. We have a top notch coach. We have a dairy bar. We have nice girls. Who cares about the weather or FB. Irelevant. They won’t go any harder than we have to land him. It is just one factor they have in their favor. ACC, not AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom