Jalen Gaffney OV This Weekend | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney OV This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2nd Crystal Ball pick for the good guys in 12 hours... and from the Kentucky guy, no less. Here's to hoping that the wave of momentum these guys are seeing along with a few of you insiders on this board is real and he never makes it to the Clemson OV.

Crystal Ball Predictions for Jalen Gaffney

EXPERT RANKINGS
1_1141348.png
67% Foggy 33%

Chris Fisher Follow on Twitter 9/22/18 8:57AM
1_1141348.png
UCONN
CatsPauseRecruiting Insider

Accuracy: 598 / 841 71.11 %

Sorry for the rudimentary cut and pasting skills.... but you all get the point :rolleyes:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Keep him away from Clemson OV. Beautiful campus! Newly renovated basketball facilities. ACC. Tournament team last year. Underrated coach. They also have a great dairy bar. Plus all the extras. Big time football, great weather, not to mention the coeds! Plus, they just lost out on the top in state recruit so they will be going extra hard to land JG.
Football (and baseball) season is the only time I say this -- Go Cocks!!

Reaction Score
Just got off the phone - yesterday went very well!
Main concern - I wished he had already gone on a couple OV visits. To pick UConn now he is giving up a OV to Clemson.

This is a compliment sandwich. Taking the OV to Clemson is not a good sign

C

Chief00

This is a compliment sandwich. Taking the OV to Clemson is not a good sign

I don’t know - if he did I can’t blame him for wanting the experience - but I think he likes UConn either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Clemson’s new Baseball facility is simply amazing.

If I played there I wouldn’t even need a dorm. I would legit just live there.

C

Chief00

Where are our spies? I need a lunch-time update.

The attention Hurley and his staff give a recruit on an OV is off the charts.

Chief’s strategy is to stay out of the way and catch up at the end of the day or beginning of the next day.

Given the gag order I won’t comment on the previous regime’s approach. In the early years Jim would have them over to his house for an early dinner and a meeting in his office at some point. Howie would be the airport chauffeur. If they could survive his driving - they would play with guts. And other than the GM tour of facilities - they would hang with the guys and play some b-ball.
The obsession with the class catalog came post Calhoun - perhaps as a response to the APR cloud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The attention Hurley and his staff give a recruit on an OV is off the charts.

Chief’s strategy is to stay out of the way and catch up at the end of the day or beginning of the next day.

Given the gag order I won’t comment on the previous regime’s approach. In the early years Jim would have them over to his house for an early dinner and a meeting in his office at some point. Howie would be the airport chauffeur. If they could survive his driving - they would play with guts. And other than the GM tour of facilities - they would hang with the guys and play some b-ball.
The obsession with the class catalog came post Calhoun - perhaps as a response to the APR cloud.

Smart move. Don’t make it about Chief. Keep the focus on the player.

Reaction Score

Yeah, but you're in the Netherlands, whose people love the USofA, and probably will start following UConn basketball if you develop a special UConn tattoo and trademark it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but you're in the Netherlands, whose people love the USofA, and probably will start following UConn basketball if you develop a special UConn tattoo and trademark it.
When I was tattooing in CT, I did draw up a special design after our first NC. I got to look through boxes of my old stuff and see if I can find it.

Reaction Score
Keep him away from a TV at all costs. The news on ESPN news is already brutal.

Reaction Score
The legend is on campus today
View attachment 34591

Can you imagine being a player and letting your man get by you for a rebound, knowing you made a mistake and promising to yourself that you'll never let that happen again. You're fired up ready to make up for it.

Instead...

Coach Hurley gets in your face and sits you down.
Coach Moore comes over to build you back up.
You're good, ready to get back in there.
Then Senior chimes in from behind the bench " He's not ready to play. Don't put him back in Danny.

At the half you make the mistake of looking over at Calhoun on the way to the locker room. He's staring at you. You look him in the eyes trying to communicate that you know, it won't happen again and he's just shakes his head.

Brutal

Reaction Score
Some of the guys posted pics of a Welcome to UConn cake. Wonder if it's for Gaffney, Kyrie, or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom