Jalen Gaffney official visit | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney official visit

Reaction Score
Jay Wright's car would leave fire tracks on the road from his car pealing out of the Villanova campus if he was offered the Duke job.

I'd take that bet anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Not happening

Were Roy William's tires smoking in 1997 when Dean Smith left UNC?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'd take that bet anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Not happening

Were Roy William's tires smoking in 1997 when Dean Smith left UNC?

No, but they were when Matt Doherty did.

I too would take that bet though.

Reaction Score
Would Capel really have taken the Pitt job if K was retiring?

He appears to have done a good job, but not a great job, at VCU, had a nice upward trend his first three years at OK and then the bottom dropped out. All his wins (13) were deleted from his record his fourth year and his fifth was bad too. Looks like a coach's record at our favorite school, in fact.

Maybe Coach K told him he needs to go out and prove himself before he has a chance to be named his successor at Duke?

2002-03 Virginia Commonwealth CAA 18 10 .643
2003-04 Virginia Commonwealth CAA 23 8 .742
2004-05 Virginia Commonwealth CAA 19 13 .594
2005-06 Virginia Commonwealth CAA 19 10 .655
2006-07 Oklahoma Big 12 16 15 .516
2007-08 Oklahoma Big 12 23 12 .657
2008-09 Oklahoma Big 12 30 6 .833
2009-10 Oklahoma Big 12 13* 18* .419
*Overall W-L adjusted to 0-18
2010-11 Oklahoma Big 12 14 18 .438

Reaction Score
Chief predicts 3-4 before Spring Semester.

Normally in Chief's corner, but I sense some weakness here and lack of true conviction in this prediction. Maybe because of all the abuse he's been taking from those with no life outside the Boneyard?

Early signing period is early to mid-November, and Spring semester starts January 22, so why would someone wait 8 weeks longer to commit? Waiting to see how Boeheim, Mullin, and Cooley do the first 20 games of the season?

C

Chief00

Normally in Chief's corner, but I sense some weakness here and lack of true conviction in this prediction. Maybe because of all the abuse he's been taking from those with no life outside the Boneyard?

Early signing period is early to mid-November, and Spring semester starts January 22, so why would someone wait 8 weeks longer to commit? Waiting to see how Boeheim, Mullin, and Cooley do the first 20 games of the season?

I did not say when in that period these guys would commit. I actually, expect additional commitments long before November. So I don’t know if we are actually disagreeing.
There is one guy who may drag out his process longer - which is his right.

Reaction Score
I did not say when in that period these guys would commit. I actually, expect additional commitments long before November. So I don’t know if we are actually disagreeing.
There is one guy who may drag out his process longer - which is his right.

Gaffney will be next and should happen within the next two weeks. Akok is going to do his OVs in October. If we get him the commit will come end of Oct/early Nov. I still like where we are at with Precious but it won't happen until early 2019. My guess is we will need a grad transfer big. that would be the five schollies.

Gaffney all but a lock. Akok is 50/50. Precious i think we're >80%

Reaction Score
Gaffney will be next and should happen within the next two weeks. Akok is going to do his OVs in October. If we get him the commit will come end of Oct/early Nov. I still like where we are at with Precious but it won't happen until early 2019. My guess is we will need a grad transfer big. that would be the five schollies.

Gaffney all but a lock. Akok is 50/50. Precious i think we're >80%

Don't sleep on Kofi.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Why, is he lumpy?
knee-slapper-gif-4.gif

Reaction Score
There is no way Jay Wright is Dukes next coach. Coach K is an impossible act to follow. After the next guy at Duke inevitably fails to live up to the Duke standard and gets fired, THEN Jay Wright will take that job.

You neve want to be the guy after THE guy
KOincidence?

Reaction Score
I honestly think Hurley's recruiting style is kind of playing a game of chicken with other schools. See which schools get impatient with top recruits and turn to gettable commits rather than waiting. Or maybe thats how normal schools recruit, and we were just on the other end for the past couple years

Reaction Score
I honestly think Hurley's recruiting style is kind of playing a game of chicken with other schools. See which schools get impatient with top recruits and turn to gettable commits rather than waiting. Or maybe thats how normal schools recruit, and we were just on the other end for the past couple years

I see it as almost the opposite. Hurley's recruiting does not seem to be about quick pivots or reacting to other schools. It seems to be a highly organized process where he narrows down the pool in spring and early summer and then puts on a very methodical full court press to reel in his targets.

I love the approach.

C

Chief00

Does Spring semester end in September? Just checking on shifting damnamics
Nothing sifted. Again reading comprehension is key. The dam broke as I predicted and expect more recruiting wins soon. One recruit may take longer. Nothing has changed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There is no way Jay Wright is Dukes next coach. Coach K is an impossible act to follow. After the next guy at Duke inevitably fails to live up to the Duke standard and gets fired, THEN Jay Wright will take that job.

You neve want to be the guy after THE guy

You want to be the guy behind the guy behind THE guy.

hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
I see it as almost the opposite. Hurley's recruiting does not seem to be about quick pivots or reacting to other schools. It seems to be a highly organized process where he narrows down the pool in spring and early summer and then puts on a very methodical full court press to reel in his targets.

I love the approach.
Yeah thats what I was trying to say. He has a set list of guys he goes after extremely hard. Let's other schools make the quick pivots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom