Jalen Adams haters where you at? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams haters where you at?

Reaction Score
I didn't say he's one of the best all-time huskies. I don't see anyone in this thread saying that or 'anointing' him. So I'm not really sure what your point is.

The simple fact is this... Jalen is very wrongly maligned here on the boneyard because he's had to deal with awful circumstances and a down-turn in the program. From piss-poor coaching to lack of talent around him due to chronically injured teammates, transfers, etc... Jalen has endured a lot.

Could he have conducted himself better, been a better leader, and played better in certain games? Sure. But the vitriol he's received here was undeserved for a kid who dedicated 4 years to this university.

I know we all feel the program was in a terrible state during his time here, but try to comprehend how much WORSE it would have been if he decided to leave at any time. He didn't leave.

I think seeing the team without Jalen opened some eyes to how little talent he had around him. Everyone should gain some appreciation for the kid, what he brings to the table, and his dedication for sticking around. Instead, certain posters here love to concentrate on the negative things that happened during his time in the program. In reality, he's a good kid and a very talented player, but the deck was stacked against him and he was dealt a bad hand.

The fact that this thread exists is continued apologists overrating him and his contributions to the program. He had a good game against a really bad team. And even you just said "Could he have conducted himself better, been a better leader, and played better in certain games? Sure."

So I'm a hater if I say the same thing?

Reaction Score
There's been plenty of hate for Adams on this board, and in the stands at games. Just because you weren't doing it doesn't mean others weren't.

Yeah. Don’t pretend there wasn’t.

Bottom line, Jalen was one of the most loyal huskies ever, if we’re being honest, to his own detriment.

I still think he’s one of our most talented guys ever, it just didn’t work out for him, for a lot of reasons.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The fact that this thread exists is continued apologists overrating him and his contributions to the program. He had a good game against a really bad team. And even you just said "Could he have conducted himself better, been a better leader, and played better in certain games? Sure."

So I'm a hater if I say the same thing?

No, that doesn't qualify for being a hater. That's being objective and realistic. Posters can criticize a player while also being respectful.

Certain posters here have made outrageous claims and lies about his character and talent-level -- some claiming we'd be "better off without him." Others have been downright disrespectful, referring to him as a "cancer" to the team and the program. Those people are haters.

In reality, he's a good kid, a talented player, and he was loyal to the program. He didn't live up to expectations or his potential, but it wasn't entirely his fault when you look at his situation and the (lack of) talent around him. Like I said earlier - the deck was stacked against him and he was dealt a bad hand (or 4 straight bad hands).

Reaction Score
Where do you rank him as an all-time Husky? Olander stayed through the turmoil and won 2 championships, I think he did all he could for the University but he isn't high on my all-time list.

I'm even more curious now after your last post about Jalen and Caron.

I think the answer is Olander had no reason to leave before his senior year while Jalen had many but chose not to.

Reaction Score
I think the answer is Olander had no reason to leave before his senior year while Jalen had many but chose not to.
What were Jalen's many reasons for leaving? Europe is always there, maybe lose 1 year of salary.

He loves the college life so that wasn't happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom