Jalen Adams haters where you at? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams haters where you at?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We played ecu. Slow your roll. We need jalen but for a senior season he didn’t play nearly as well as expected.
look at his stats before the injury

Reaction Score
I love these threads. Guys pat themselves on the back by calling out all the "haters." Pretending that Jalen was playing great and not taking some halves off because he played great today against ECU.
I would like these threads even more if they were posted after every game this season.

Reaction Score
It’s ECU... they are the 11th seed. Please we need to be reasonable. Jalen played well no doubt but ecu is ecu.
True, but ECU beat Cincy so its not like they are terrible.

Reaction Score
It was great to see Jalen back and having fun. No need to call out the haters and no need to pretend JA played to his potential all the time. Today is a day just to be happy for him and the team. Funny though, that win secured us a 9 seed in the tourney which is a tougher draw than if we were a 10.

Reaction Score
It was great to see Jalen back and having fun. No need to call out the haters and no need to pretend JA played to his potential all the time. Today is a day just to be happy for him and the team. Funny though, that win secured us a 9 seed in the tourney which is a tougher draw than if we were a 10.

This is spot on

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
No Jalen haters to be found after today's performance.

As bad as the program has been the past few years, it would have been way worse without this kid. Not in game shape today yet he ran the offense unbelievably well.

12 assists and 1 TO.
He didn't have an outstanding day shooting(was a bit passive), but got Carlton and Polley going by setting them up with great looks. He had 2 or 3 NBA caliber assists in transition too.

Hoping Adams keeps it going and Gilbert can come back for the AAC tourney... You never know what could happen.

Anyone need a reminder of how important Jalen is? A picture says 1,000 words. View attachment 40764
Every time they put that image on the screen, I wondered when Jalen grew the pigtails.

Reaction Score
Every time they put that image on the screen, I wondered when Jalen grew the pigtails.
I actual went back to look, and cannot not see this. Well played.

Reaction Score
A lot of us have been saying all year that Jalen plays better with the ball in his hands. Today was another example of that.

Reaction Score
I was critical, along with many others, regarding how lackadaisical he seemed some games because he's so talented and was wasting opportunities to make a case for a pro career at the highest level. Many have said how much he's loved being at UConn and the fact he worked hard to rehab from his injury and play in the uniform again confirms that in spades.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Haters and dunks for you guys is such a joke. No one ever hated Jalen for one and not to admit he was really good today, kinda the guy we needed more often, is crazy.

Nice game Jalen happy for you on your last regular season career game.
Agreed. I was going to post the same Mau until I saw yours. Since Jalen put on a UConn uniform, I never heard anybody hating this kid. Questions? Concerns? Sure that could be anybody on the team. But he word HATE and the lackluster phrase "Haters are going to hate" should somehow be banned. It is a ridiculous and immature statement. You cannot questions something without being a hater? Give me a break.

Reaction Score
Seriously. What a game. I believe this performance was in part due to the supporting players just plain getting better. Jalen has never really played with guys who can finish the play. Polly is learning how to get open for spot up shots, Carlton learning how to position down low and to finish. Imagine 3 years of Jalen with capable players around him.
Wish I could like this post 100 times. If Jalen had this type of post player (Carlton) all 4 years his career would have been completely different.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I was going to post the same Mau until I saw yours. Since Jalen put on a UConn uniform, I never heard anybody hating this kid. Questions? Concerns? Sure that could be anybody on the team. But he word HATE and the lackluster phrase "Haters are going to hate" should somehow be banned. It is a ridiculous and immature statement. You cannot questions something without being a hater? Give me a break.

There's been plenty of hate for Adams on this board, and in the stands at games. Just because you weren't doing it doesn't mean others weren't.

Reaction Score
What would Jalen Adams be today if he could have been coached all four years by Hurley? I would say he would be ten times better. Tyler and Josh were impressive. The team is learning and getting better every day.

Reaction Score
Jalen may very well have a career in the NBA because those guys can take a few more steps to contort their bodies on the way to the basket.

I men, look at this:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Questioners gonna question
Concerners gonna concern

Reaction Score
One of the first times I've seen JA make all of his teammates better on the court, I'm still ready to move on from the Jalen Adams era but I love the heart he has shown the past few weeks on the bench and playing yesterday

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
One of the first times I've seen JA make all of his teammates better on the court, I'm still ready to move on from the Jalen Adams era but I love the heart he has shown the past few weeks on the bench and playing yesterday

When passing the ball to an open perimeter player or big, its then up to the receiver to make the shot (or pass). Jalen has basically been doing this thru the season, but it just happened that the others were making the shots. Some people here were complaining before that he was too unselfish and didn't try to take over especially in the 1st halves. He didn't need to shoot too much, since some got better (Josh) or were hot (Polley). When you have other guys making shots, the assists go up. If Jalen had teammates who could do this consistently we would have had better results the last several years.

Reaction Score
What you saw yesterday was what you saw when he led the conference in assists as a sophomore. I don't think you can debate that he checked out of games mentally from time to time and struggled to stay engaged this year. However, I think a large part of his issues this season stemmed from the fact that he is simply a better player when he dominates the ball. The problem is that so is Alterique. One of the two had to play off the ball this year, and the seemingly obvious choice was Adams.

Reaction Score
When passing the ball to an open perimeter player or big, its then up to the receiver to make the shot (or pass). Jalen has basically been doing this thru the season, but it just happened that the others were making the shots. Some people here were complaining before that he was too unselfish and didn't try to take over especially in the 1st halves. He didn't need to shoot too much, since some got better (Josh) or were hot (Polley). When you have other guys making shots, the assists go up. If Jalen had teammates who could do this consistently we would have had better results the last several years.
I don't think that's true at all. His vision yesterday was way better than I saw it at any time this season, probably has something to do with having all that time to watch the team and having more confidence in them. Also helps the opponent was ECU but last time we played them Jalen didn't even show up.

Reaction Score
What you saw yesterday was what you saw when he led the conference in assists as a sophomore. I don't think you can debate that he checked out of games mentally from time to time and struggled to stay engaged this year. However, I think a large part of his issues this season stemmed from the fact that he is simply a better player when he dominates the ball. The problem is that so is Alterique. One of the two had to play off the ball this year, and the seemingly obvious choice was Adams.

He checked out of first halves last year too while dominating the ball, no Alterique, you can't deny that either. He's been a great kid but inconsistent for his career. The way he played yesterday was a different guy in so many ways. He had fun, he came out moving fast through his cuts, his picks of the ball were forceful and precise, his defense was solid fighting through and under picks this was the guy we'd love to have seen 100% of the time. He was still a really good player and came up big a lot. But if ou weren't frustrated by the player, not the kid per se, but the player then people weren't paying close attention. Man I loved that guy yesterday he loved being out there rep'ing the program.

Not a lot of hate form what I've seen just general frustration for a kid who ultimately could've gone down as one of the greats. It's fair but it's unfair to hate the kid or even dislike him he's too much of a Husky for that.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom