Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
For starters, Adams handle is not as good as Briscoe's.

As for the unnecessary dribbling; well that's the highlight tape. Brisoce's strength is his handle so the tape shows it off. Adams strength is his ability to attack; his tape shows that.

Adams is an exceptional scorer and will be a great player. But Briscoe can be special, great leadership skills and he's a competitor; does all those extra things to win games that you'll never see on a highlight tape.

Briscoe made me think of a bigger Khalid in a way, a bit more of a hot dog. No way to tell from those videos who could run the point...If Briscoe has the "it" factor, then let's hope we get him. From one brief video, Briscoe looked quick but maybe a little land-bound (as in not a great leaper). I am ready to be completely wrong, but that was an impression. The need for a quarterback is the biggest thing we have to have to compete at a very high level, IMHO.

Reaction Score
I just have a quick question for you and anyone else talking about the eyeball test. How many times have you actually seen these kids play? Like full games, not an all star game of some sort and not a highlight tape? Because my true eyeball test tells me Briscoe is special and Jalen Adams is a nice player. Without getting into all the reasons I love Briscoe I'll say that I feel Jalen Adams is no more than Jerome Dyson all over again.

Adams is a small 2 guard; extremely rarely does he play PG for either Cushing or Mass Rivals. He can defend the point but is currently not able to control an offense like Briscoe, or even Brunson can. Adams is an elite scorer and would be great in an Ollie backcourt alongside a true point but don't expect him to come in and run the show.
Briscoe is a really nice player,everything u said about him seems true but I just see a lot more upside with Adams especially defensively. Kids mature a different ages like Steph curry and Westbrook who were not highly ranked kids. I might be wrong or right but with J Adams it looks like the game comes natural to him and he looks like he's a warrior type attitude.

Reaction Score
Briscoe made me think of a bigger Khalid in a way, a bit more of a hot dog. No way to tell from those videos who could run the point...If Briscoe has the "it" factor, then let's hope we get him. From one brief video, Briscoe looked quick but maybe a little land-bound (as in not a great leaper). I am ready to be completely wrong, but that was an impression. The need for a quarterback is the biggest thing we have to have to compete at a very high level, IMHO.

I agree, there is no way to see it on video. But that's why I asked how many people have actually seen them. I have had the pleasure to see them both multiple times, Adams more often, and I have been more impressed with Briscoe. Again, no offense to Adams, not trying to say he's bad or anything. It'd be great to have either. Whoever commits first is fine with me. Or both.

Reaction Score
I get that but I also feel I know what to look for………and in film Briscoe looks slower and less athletic by far to me so I'm not sure who his film editor is but they need to do a better job. You seem to have seen him in person and know a little more so I'll give you that, but Adams has more game according to what I see.

Adams is definitely more athletic, I'll concede that. And from what I've read on this board from you I don't think you're just speculating; I get that you're actually forming an opinion. I asked if anyone has seen them out of curiosity really, because I've been fortunate enough to see both.

My personal opinion is just that when you watch Briscoe you see a player that understands the game. He is selfish at times but that has had alot to do with the players around him. He plays with an amazing amount of confidence as is a serious "gamer" if you will. He really reminds me of Shabazz in attitude more than style.

Again, I'll be happy with either. Or both.

Reaction Score
I think you really overrate the kid. He's a nice player, but his strength is literally his strength. I wonder how much upside a kid like Briscoe has at the college level. I don't have that same question about Adams. I'm also curious as to how you know that Briscoe has all these intangibles (leadership, etc.) while Adams, et al. don't. Having seen them each play a couple times, and with a sense of what Ollie's trying to put together, I'd take Adams 10 times out of 10.

I think Ollie has a far better grip on it than me. Whoever he goes with I'll be happy with. I will not be upset just because we didn't get the guy I wanted most. There is a reason he's going after them both, because there is no real wrong decision.

Adams is a superb athlete and great player. I simply think Briscoe is better.

Reaction Score
Guys let's not jump off the Turtle train, like his size and game too…….nothing to look at and not be happy he wants to be and will be a Husky. Turtle wants to be here and we should be happy for solid players like that who get what it takes and means to don that National Flag Blue uni!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Adams is definitely more athletic, I'll concede that. And from what I've read on this board from you I don't think you're just speculating; I get that you're actually forming an opinion. I asked if anyone has seen them out of curiosity really, because I've been fortunate enough to see both.

My personal opinion is just that when you watch Briscoe you see a player that understands the game. He is selfish at times but that has had alot to do with the players around him. He plays with an amazing amount of confidence as is a serious "gamer" if you will. He really reminds me of Shabazz in attitude more than style.

Again, I'll be happy with either. Or both.

Yeah, this is really the argument that we should be going for here.

Reaction Score
Briscoe is a really nice player,everything u said about him seems true but I just see a lot more upside with Adams especially defensively. Kids mature a different ages like Steph curry and Westbrook who were not highly ranked kids. I might be wrong or right but with J Adams it looks like the game comes natural to him and he looks like he's a warrior type attitude.

You're not wrong; all these kids can get better in the years to come. I haven't been trying to tell anyone they're wrong because it's all just opinions about a few great players. If we get Adams I hope he is that Westbrook type underrated player. Only time will tell.

Reaction Score
Some more highlights

A lot of movement on 247crystal ball for Jalen Adams in UConn's favor.

From Scout:

Recruiting wise some high powered schools have been showing Adams significant attention.

“UConn, Minnesota, Kansas, Creighton, Rhode Island, Louisville, and a few other schools are talking to me a lot,” noted Adams.

Connecticut and Head Coach Kevin Ollie came home with the national title this past season, and Adams has built a strong relationship with him.

“Coach Ollie is a cool guy,” Adams explained. “I like him a lot, and he tells me how I fit well into their system and that he likes the way I play.”

Reaction Score
Does it concern anyone that Louisville and Kansas are Adidas schools and so is Adams AAU team?

Reaction Score
Some more highlights

A lot of movement on 247crystal ball for Jalen Adams in UConn's favor.

From Scout:

Recruiting wise some high powered schools have been showing Adams significant attention.

“UConn, Minnesota, Kansas, Creighton, Rhode Island, Louisville, and a few other schools are talking to me a lot,” noted Adams.

Connecticut and Head Coach Kevin Ollie came home with the national title this past season, and Adams has built a strong relationship with him.

“Coach Ollie is a cool guy,” Adams explained. “I like him a lot, and he tells me how I fit well into their system and that he likes the way I play.”

Very nice. Some chatter I read is that the Kansas fans don't want him because of his low ranking. Granted, that's only message board fans.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Very nice. Some chatter I read is that the Kansas fans don't want him because of his low ranking. Granted, that's only message board fans.

gnikcvf perfect UCONN guy!

Reaction Score
This could be a good test of the value of 247 predictions. In the last 2 days 6 "experts" either picked UCONN for Jalen Adams or changed their picks from Kansas to UCONN. Maybe they know something imminent is going to happen or maybe their are all piggy banking of the first guy that changed his pick? I hope they know something.

http:// /PlayerInstitution/Jalen-Adams-at-Cushing-Academy-49484/CurrentExpertPredictions

Another interesting note is that Gary Randazzo a "expert" from Arizona changed his pick from Arizona to UCONN for Briscoe on 5/6/2014. You would expect a guy from zona to be biased for zona. Maybe the zona coaches told him something? I don't know.

BTW - Who is Jonathan Jean? An "expert" has picked him a 5'10" unrated pg to come to UCONN in 2015.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This could be a good test of the value of 247 predictions. In the last 2 days 6 "experts" either picked UCONN for Jalen Adams or changed their picks from Kansas to UCONN. Maybe they know something imminent is going to happen or maybe their are all piggy banking of the first guy that changed his pick? I hope they know something.

Another interesting note is that Gary Randazzo a "expert" from Arizona changed his pick from Arizona to UCONN for Briscoe on 5/6/2014. You would expect a guy from zona to be biased for zona. Maybe the zona coaches told him something? I don't know.

BTW - Who is Jonathan Jean? An "expert" has picked him a 5'10" unrated pg to come to UCONN in 2015.
HTML:
<a href="http://                                                                                           /Player/Jonathan-Jean-35131">Jon Jean</a>

http:// /PlayerInstitution/Jalen-Adams-at-Cushing-Academy-49484/CurrentExpertPredictions

The Briscoe switch may have been around when Zona got a pledge from Simon.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
If anything I think it indicates that the KU commitment today does in fact shift things back in our favor at least in the perception of the analysts.

Reaction Score
Arizona cooled on Briscoe the moment Tyler Dorsey committed. The Justin Simon commitment to Arizona solidified that fact. Briscoe will probably go local, but Louisville is also interested in him.

Jonathan Jean is Prince Ali's teammate at Sagemont. Prince has said that he wants to play with Jean in college, but we are recruiting better players at his position.

Reaction Score
Arizona cooled on Briscoe the moment Tyler Dorsey committed. The Justin Simon commitment to Arizona solidified that fact. Briscoe will probably go local, but Louisville is also interested in him.

Jonathan Jean is Prince Ali's teammate at Sagemont. Prince has said that he wants to play with Jean in college, but we are recruiting better players at his position.
Okay so these experts are probably just using deductive reasoning not inside information from sources to make their predictions.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Kid needs to be top priority... I want sharma too. Sharma is one of the rare athletic big men in this class there seem to be a lot of below the basket bigs...

Reaction Score
New video. He's blowing up:

This kid looks amazing. I can't compare him to others because I have not seen any of them play, but this kid looks special. KO has made him a priority, so I assume he sees it too. If he is the staff's top target, let's hope he ends up a Husky Dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom