Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Rankings are for suckers. The eyeball test is what matters. I like Jalen Adams better than any pg in this classs. Has a Russell Westbrook type game but unselfish.
Actually KO's eyeball test is what matters. No offense.

Reaction Score
Actually KO's eyeball test is what matters. No offense.
You really make no sense. I'm not here to argue like a lot of people are doing lately.KO has offered a bunch load of kids. And MY opinion is Jalen Adams is the best pg that we are after.

Reaction Score
Of course I'd take either. But Briscoe is my pick, he would be a beast at UConn. He was following UConn and AZ and with Simon committing at AZ hopefully that helps are chances. Also being close to home. In the end I think Seton Hall has the best chance. Just my opinon but That's what makes recruiting exciting. In Ollie we trust!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You really make no sense. I'm not here to argue like a lot of people are doing lately.KO has offered a bunch load of kids. And MY opinion is Jalen Adams is the best pg that we are after.
It makes no sense that your opinion of jalen versus other guards we've offered is inconsequential? Ok.

Reaction Score
I've watched video on Jackson, Ali, Adams, Briscoe.. forgot 1,2,3, combo guard, scoring guard, whatever.. on film, Adams is the best PLAYER

Reaction Score

I just have a quick question for you and anyone else talking about the eyeball test. How many times have you actually seen these kids play? Like full games, not an all star game of some sort and not a highlight tape? Because my true eyeball test tells me Briscoe is special and Jalen Adams is a nice player. Without getting into all the reasons I love Briscoe I'll say that I feel Jalen Adams is no more than Jerome Dyson all over again.

Adams is a small 2 guard; extremely rarely does he play PG for either Cushing or Mass Rivals. He can defend the point but is currently not able to control an offense like Briscoe, or even Brunson can. Adams is an elite scorer and would be great in an Ollie backcourt alongside a true point but don't expect him to come in and run the show.

Reaction Score
I've watched video on Jackson, Ali, Adams, Briscoe.. forgot 1,2,3, combo guard, scoring guard, whatever.. on film, Adams is the best PLAYER

Film is supposed to make players look good. It's how they market themselves. No one looks bad in their highlight tapes.

Reaction Score
I think JA's coach's comments reflect his own concerns with competition at the position more than JA's. At 3:44 in this interview JA is asked about playing time and he responds by saying "best man gets the spot." No shortage of confidence with this kid, he believes he's the best man.

Reaction Score
Film is supposed to make players look good. It's how they market themselves. No one looks bad in their highlight tapes.

True but his film looks better than everyone else's.. Briscoe does a lot of dribbling to not really go anywhere with the ball. Adams' handle is as good but he doesn't do a lot of unnecessary dribbling. He gets his advantage and he's gone on the attack. Don't get me wrong, they're all good players but Adams looks to me to be the best of the bunch.

Reaction Score
True but his film looks better than everyone else's.. Briscoe does a lot of dribbling to not really go anywhere with the ball. Adams' handle is as good but he doesn't do a lot of unnecessary dribbling. He gets his advantage and he's gone on the attack. Don't get me wrong, they're all good players but Adams looks to me to be the best of the bunch.

For starters, Adams handle is not as good as Briscoe's.

As for the unnecessary dribbling; well that's the highlight tape. Brisoce's strength is his handle so the tape shows it off. Adams strength is his ability to attack; his tape shows that.

Adams is an exceptional scorer and will be a great player. But Briscoe can be special, great leadership skills and he's a competitor; does all those extra things to win games that you'll never see on a highlight tape.

Reaction Score
For starters, Adams handle is not as good as Briscoe's.

As for the unnecessary dribbling; well that's the highlight tape. Brisoce's strength is his handle so the tape shows it off. Adams strength is his ability to attack; his tape shows that.

Adams is an exceptional scorer and will be a great player. But Briscoe can be special, great leadership skills and he's a competitor; does all those extra things to win games that you'll never see on a highlight tape.

So that wasn't an actual basketball game they were playing in (Briscoe)? He did a lot of unnecessary dribbling just for the sake of dribbling. But if it was some kinda exhibition, then I guess I see. In an actual basketball game, all that over-dribbling is useless and does nothing but eat up shot clock.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I just have a quick question for you and anyone else talking about the eyeball test. How many times have you actually seen these kids play? Like full games, not an all star game of some sort and not a highlight tape? Because my true eyeball test tells me Briscoe is special and Jalen Adams is a nice player. Without getting into all the reasons I love Briscoe I'll say that I feel Jalen Adams is no more than Jerome Dyson all over again.

Adams is a small 2 guard; extremely rarely does he play PG for either Cushing or Mass Rivals. He can defend the point but is currently not able to control an offense like Briscoe, or even Brunson can. Adams is an elite scorer and would be great in an Ollie backcourt alongside a true point but don't expect him to come in and run the show.
Didn't Jalen hit a game winning 3 pointer for a championship? But the kid isn't special? I remember Boat was more of a scoring PG coming in too. Under Kevin Ollie he has turned into a pretty good distributer at PG. Jalen is the #1 target for me. It doesn't really matter that Briscoe might be more of a true PG at this point because after a year or 2 under Ollie Jalen will have developed those skills to go along with his amazing athleticism and great skill set already. Jalen can be an All American top 10 pick after two years under Ollie. We have Terrence Samuels to run true point for one year and it wouldn't be anything for Jalen to slide over after.

Starting 5 in 2015
Samuels
Adams
Calhoun/Ali/Hamilton (pending on who stays and goes)
Facey
Brimah

Reaction Score
So that wasn't an actual basketball game they were playing in (Briscoe)? He did a lot of unnecessary dribbling just for the sake of dribbling. But if it was some kinda exhibition, then I guess I see. In an actual basketball game, all that over-dribbling is useless and does nothing but eat up shot clock.

Not defending Briscoe over Adams because I'm a big Adams fan as well, nor the extent of dribbling, just wanted to point out that there were some big time faces in the Briscoe highlights. I believe Mr. Oubre was owned at one point.

Reaction Score
Brisoce's strength is his handle so the tape shows it off . . . .
But Briscoe can be special, great leadership skills and he's a competitor; does all those extra things to win games that you'll never see on a highlight tape.

I think you really overrate the kid. He's a nice player, but his strength is literally his strength. I wonder how much upside a kid like Briscoe has at the college level. I don't have that same question about Adams. I'm also curious as to how you know that Briscoe has all these intangibles (leadership, etc.) while Adams, et al. don't. Having seen them each play a couple times, and with a sense of what Ollie's trying to put together, I'd take Adams 10 times out of 10.

Reaction Score
I'd take Briscoe because I think he's more of a combo guard, and he seems to be a better pick and roll player.

There's something to be said about having a potential point guard that can score well from all three levels.

Reaction Score

Not taking sides, but I would take that as a compliment. A healthy Dyson was a special player.

Reaction Score

I get that but I also feel I know what to look for………and in film Briscoe looks slower and less athletic by far to me so I'm not sure who his film editor is but they need to do a better job. You seem to have seen him in person and know a little more so I'll give you that, but Adams has more game according to what I see.

Reaction Score
Adams look GREAT and pair him w/ Ali and Turtle, we're good.

Personally, I wish we would have waited w/ Turtle and would have preferred an Adams and Brunson combo paired with Ali. That's a super dangerous 3 headed guard rotation.

I'm concerned a bit about Turtle as he seems to have fallen off some and not playing like a top recruit in recent AAU games.

Reaction Score
I'm concerned a bit about Turtle as he seems to have fallen off some and not playing like a top recruit in recent AAU games.

I'm purely speculating here, and basing this on experience. He may have nothing to play for right now. Its like working your last 2 weeks awaiting your next job to start. No need to impress the boss or court others, your set until the next gig, so very little to prove.

Its not an uncommon attitude and just maybe he's just waiting to get on campus. I'm not saying he's not motivated but just saying I wouldn't read too much into this, unless of course its December of his freshman year. However this is just speculation as I've been known to be off base at times.

Reaction Score
He'd be coming in with Samuel and Cassell as juniors, so he wouldn't be expected to run the show.

FWIW, I don't have a dog in this fight - I'd be happy with Adams, Briscoe, Brunson, Newman or anyone else Ollie picks. We've become BackCourt U, and whoever puts on a Husky jersey is going to become elite.

Reaction Score
He'd be coming in with Samuel and Cassell as juniors, so he wouldn't be expected to run the show.

FWIW, I don't have a dog in this fight - I'd be happy with Adams, Briscoe, Brunson, Newman or anyone else Ollie picks. We've become BackCourt U, and whoever puts on a Husky jersey is going to become elite.

It's funny. UConn seems to have gone through a cycle here. Back in the mid to late 1980s until Ray Allen showed up on campus, Uconn was mainly about the backcourt. Even with Cliff Robinson there, you had Earl Kelley, Nadav Henefeld, Chris Smith, Tate George, Doron Sheffer, Kevin Ollie.

Then it became wing U. with Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Caron Butler, Ben Gordon, Rudy Gay.

Somewhere in the mid to late 2000s, UConn strung along a bunch of big men with Emeka Okafor, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, Hasheem Thabeet, and even Alex Oriakhi and Andre Drummond were going to continue that tradition.

Now we're looking at the dominance of the guards again, as AJ Price was our best player going into the F4 in '09, Dyson was the second best until he was hurt, Kemba Walker was our best in 2011 with help from Jeremy Lamb on the wing, and then Shabazz and Boatright, with Purvis and a bunch of other guards in the wings.

I think this means that Daniel Hamilton is going to dominate college basketball and kick off the next wing cycle at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom