Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will be devastated to not land this kid. That said, window is closing on the remote possibility.

Reaction Score
Why do you think it is remote? I have not been following him very closely.

Reaction Score
- Turtle commit, which his coach spoke to in a recent article.
- Increasing emphasis by KU as their top priority.
- His insane play continues to gain attention w/. more schools now jumping into mix (ie: Ville).
- Plus just some buzz from talking heads that I speak with off and on suggesting that UCONN is an unlikely landing spot.

Trust me ....pains me to think we won;t land him and really want to be wrong here.

Reaction Score
Will be devastated to not land this kid. That said, window is closing on the remote possibility.

If I read your quadruple negative correctly, this is good news.

He just seems perfect for UConn. A couple years under Ollie will up his game immensely. I know playing time his freshman year might be a bit of a concern, but not developing under a guy who can't help PGs that much should be an even bigger concern. As the roster is constituted with all the talent coming in, there is guaranteed playing time when Purvis moves on. Samuel and Cassell will be 2 juniors on the roster at the point guard position, Ali at the wing 3, with only Jackson to compete with at the 2. That's a guaranteed 20-25 minutes right there. I'm not sure you can ask for more than that at this level.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does Adidas v. Nike really mean anything for these kids at this level? If you're playing one circuit or the other, that doesn't figure into your final college decision, does it?

Reaction Score
Ku seems to be the front runner from who I talk to. some other schools are reaching out like Florida uk zona and unc from what I hear

Reaction Score
Losing this kid to KU would suck and be a bad decision for Jalen, who is the last good point guard KU produced? Chalmers???

Reaction Score
Honestly, I can care less if we get this kid. Like Ollie said, " Connecticut changes you, you don't change Connecticut. If you don't buy into that, I will spit you out." We already have two commits that are equally exploding on the AAU circuit and are literally dying to get to Storrs. That defines ten toes in. If Adams waivers or if he is afraid of playing time, good riddance. UConn thrives on kids who buy in. Finally, to use another Ollieism...............it's about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. If Adams gets that, welcome aboard. If he doesn't, as long as KO is at the helm, I will be far from devastated. My guess is that with a kid like Adams, if we didn't receive a quick verbal, its most likely a very slow no.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I can care less if we get this kid. Like Ollie said, " Connecticut changes you, you don't change Connecticut. If you don't buy into that, I will spit you out." We already have two commits that are equally exploding on the AAU circuit and are literally dying to get to Storrs. That defines ten toes in. If Adams waivers or if he is afraid of playing time, good riddance. UConn thrives on kids who buy in. Finally, to use another Ollieism.....it's about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. If Adams gets that, welcome aboard. If he doesn't, as long as KO is at the helm, I will be far from devastated. My guess is that with a kid like Adams, if we didn't receive a quick verbal, its most likely a very slow no.

We have a kid from last year's class waiting to see if Ollie will be here still.

Now we're giving ultimatums on the 2015 class? And it's only May?

These kids are juniors in high school.

Reaction Score
Would love to land this kid. I know he can score but I wish these videos showed more passing and ball handling but they rarely do. The big guy highlight videos all look the same with dunk after dunk.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Does kansas even have an active board? They have 1 board that gets like 4 posts a day max?

Reaction Score
We have a kid from last year's class waiting to see if Ollie will be here still.

huh? who is giving him an ultimatum?

Reaction Score

We had two kids, from that class commit already. Now Adam's coach is boo hooing the fact that we have commits at the position? I love Adam's game but the fact that Ollie was willing to take a commitment from Turtle leads me to believe he will be very effective in our system. The kid needs to understand that there will competition wherever he goes. Your play dictates who plays. TSam went from rarely used to scoring double figures in an NCAA tournament game.

I didn't read that post as an ultimatum, but the fact that his coach is looking at our commits as some sort of negative rubs me the wrong way. You don't get to be a program as great as UConn has become because you let 17 year old's string you along to the last possible second only to go somewhere else. UConn has had like ten McDonald's all americans ever. UConn players bleed blue and they are just different, not prima donnas and they play with a chip on their shoulder that is what makes being a UConn fan so much damn fun.

Again I would love Adams, but UConn is going to win big with him or without him.

Reaction Score
would be nice commit but its not like he is the centerpiece of a recruiting class. Easily replaceable with the countless elite guards we are after. Also Turtle is a better prospect than adams, not as athletic but much taller/longer.

Reaction Score
We had two kids, from that class commit already. Now Adam's coach is boo hooing the fact that we have commits at the position? I love Adam's game but the fact that Ollie was willing to take a commitment from Turtle leads me to believe he will be very effective in our system. The kid needs to understand that there will competition wherever he goes. Your play dictates who plays. TSam went from rarely used to scoring double figures in an NCAA tournament game.

I didn't read that post as an ultimatum, but the fact that his coach is looking at our commits as some sort of negative rubs me the wrong way. You don't get to be a program as great as UConn has become because you let 17 year old's string you along to the last possible second only to go somewhere else. UConn has had like ten McDonald's all americans ever. UConn players bleed blue and they are just different, not prima donnas and they play with a chip on their shoulder that is what makes being a UConn fan so much damn fun.

Again I would love Adams, but UConn is going to win big with him or without him.
Well said.

Reaction Score
huh? who is giving him an ultimatum?

I just interpreted this as being a "You must commit now!" kind of comment: "If Adams waivers or if he is afraid of playing time, good riddance."

He is definitely waivering, and is leery of playing time. That being said, it's very early. And, his best bet might have been to commit right away. But... it's early.

Reaction Score
would be nice commit but its not like he is the centerpiece of a recruiting class. Easily replaceable with the countless elite guards we are after. Also Turtle is a better prospect than adams, not as athletic but much taller/longer.

I think Adams could be the centerpiece here. Only replaceable by Briscoe.

Reaction Score
I just interpreted this as being a "You must commit now!" kind of comment: "If Adams waivers or if he is afraid of playing time, good riddance."

He is definitely waivering, and is leery of playing time. That being said, it's very early. And, his best bet might have been to commit right away. But... it's early.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to get Adams. I am just saying I won't be that upset if he goes elsewhere. As long as KO is at the helm, UConn will be fine. Especially at the guard spot.

Reaction Score
JA is a highly-skilled prospect whose development would benefit greatly under KO and his staff. Hopefully he will choose to come here and be an important part of a great program. If JA chooses otherwise we will still be a great program and we will continue to achieve success at the highest level - he will play elsewhere and another player or three will lead the Huskies to our next NC.

Reaction Score
I think Adams could be the centerpiece here. Only replaceable by Briscoe.
How is that even possible? we already have two players signed who are better than him. Signing an elite big like Stone or Diallo would make them the centerpiece, currently its prince ali.

Reaction Score
How is that even possible? we already have two players signed who are better than him. Signing an elite big like Stone or Diallo would make them the centerpiece, currently its prince ali.

How is possible that Adams could be the best player? What is your question exactly? That it's not possible for Adams to be the best?

Reaction Score
I want to get the best possible recruits that fit our program, want to be here and hopefully will stick around for a few years. With that said, how many times have we been the last team standing while beating teams that many said had more talent. If Adams doesn't want to be a Husky, consider him another Jennings, and whoever ends up playing point, the next Shabazz Napier, or maybe the next Ryan Boatright.

We'll be just fine without him, though I'd like to see us protect our turf here in New England and land Adams.

Reaction Score
Why is he favored over Briscoe (who I'd love to see at UConn)? I think Ollie and Hobbs could work with Briscoe very well.

Reaction Score
How is possible that Adams could be the best player? What is your question exactly? That it's not possible for Adams to be the best?
Well, COMING IN, he won't be the best player in this class. We have two other guys who are touted as better prospects, so maybe retroactively adams could be the centerpiece. but not when he steps on campus. I just don't get why some posters consider him a must get and the jewel of the class, like the whole "it will be a disappointment if we dont sign him"sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom