Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, COMING IN, he won't be the best player in this class. We have two other guys who are touted as better prospects, so maybe retroactively adams could be the centerpiece. but not when he steps on campus. I just don't get why some posters consider him a must get and the jewel of the class, like the whole "it will be a disappointment if we dont sign him"sentiment.

Adams is blowing up big time this summer and will be 5 star. Turtle is no slouch but he doesn't seem to be on the same level. One guys is averaging 25-30 on a team that's undefeated when he plays and the other is averaging single digits for a 1-10 team.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I can care less if we get this kid. Like Ollie said, " Connecticut changes you, you don't change Connecticut. If you don't buy into that, I will spit you out." We already have two commits that are equally exploding on the AAU circuit and are literally dying to get to Storrs. That defines ten toes in. If Adams waivers or if he is afraid of playing time, good riddance. UConn thrives on kids who buy in. Finally, to use another Ollieism.....it's about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. If Adams gets that, welcome aboard. If he doesn't, as long as KO is at the helm, I will be far from devastated. My guess is that with a kid like Adams, if we didn't receive a quick verbal, its most likely a very slow no.
LITERALLY dying to get to Storrs?? Do you know what literally means?? If you do and you're right, then perhaps we don't want these two terminally ill recruits....

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I really hope we can get JA. He would definitely be the best of our commits. Can be a huge playmaker at PG.

Reaction Score
Rankings are for suckers. The eyeball test is what matters. I like Jalen Adams better than any pg in this classs. Has a Russell Westbrook type game but unselfish.

Reaction Score
Does Adidas v. Nike really mean anything for these kids at this level? If you're playing one circuit or the other, that doesn't figure into your final college decision, does it?

Not exactly but these kids are recruited to AAU programs the same way they are to colleges only with virtually no regulations. While Adidas vs Nike may not factor into the decision the relationships coaches om each level have with one another does.

Reaction Score
I think Adams could be the centerpiece here. Only replaceable by Briscoe.

Briscoe would be more than a replacement; he'd be an upgrade.

And don't sleep on the other Jalen either. Brunson would give us the true PG we lack rather than another combo.

Reaction Score
LITERALLY dying to get to Storrs?? Do you know what literally means?? If you do and you're right, then perhaps we don't want these two terminally ill recruits....
Here is an idea.......why don't you post something about UConn hoops and not waste our time about misusing hyperbole, literally. so when people are dying of laughter are they terminally ill? in my post, they are dying of excitement and pride to wear a uconn jersey.

Reaction Score
I personally thought the Adams ship had sailed once Jackson committed so I was pleasantly surprised they were still after him. Wouldn't blame him for going elsewhwere if the numbers just don't shake out, assuming Purvis isn't one year and out, 7 guys to rotate b/w 3 perimeter spots is alot of players, and that's without Adams or possibly another elite guard factored into the equation. It would suck to lose him to Kansas though, can't remember the last time I watchem them and thought "damn, their guards are nice". Doesn't even really seem as if Self features guards like that, seems as if the offense flows through the bigs. In terms of being featured their are better options.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Briscoe would be more than a replacement; he'd be an upgrade.

And don't sleep on the other Jalen either. Brunson would give us the true PG we lack rather than another combo.
A Brunson commit would signal another trend that I would like.......kids with NBA pedigree wanting to play for KO. Hell, like father like son, right?

Reaction Score
Here is an idea..why don't you post something about UConn hoops and not waste our time about misusing hyperbole, literally. so when people are dying of laughter are they terminally ill? in my post, they are dying of excitement and pride to wear a uconn jersey.

you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

Reaction Score
Here is an idea..why don't you post something about UConn hoops and not waste our time about misusing hyperbole, literally. so when people are dying of laughter are they terminally ill? in my post, they are dying of excitement and pride to wear a uconn jersey.

Here's an idea. Why don't you just stop speculating about the character of kids you know nothing about based on a blog post that said the kid might consider the fact that there's a backlog of players at his position and might take a look at some other programs. That same article also said there are a lot of reasons that make UConn the perfect fit. This thing where we expect kids to make their decisions with only the interests of UConn and the freaking Boneyard in mind is moronic.

That being said, I'm with aceboon. With that hi-low post stuff that Self runs, I don't know why a kid like Adams would be high on KU.

I know almost zero about Jackson, because there's basically nothing about him online compared to some of these kids, so I take Ollie's word for it that he can play. But Adams is the only recruit on UConn's radar right now that's really going to bum me out if he goes elsewhere.

Reaction Score
This is the guy we need for 2015. You team him and Ali together and we are going to really make some noise in the nation, Ive fell in love with this kids highlights he looks to be a very special player down the road. I hope we get him !

Reaction Score
Another 247 article, this time with quote directly from Adams:

More of a scoring, combo guard than a pure point man, Adams said UConn, Minnesota, Maryland, Providence, Tennessee and Rhode Island have told him he’s a priority recruit for their programs. The Huskies, who already have commitments from 2015 guards Prince Ali and William Jackson, might be the team to beat.

“They’re definitely up there but I don’t have any favorites as of right now,” Adams said. “I went there for Midnight Madness.”

Reaction Score
Here's an idea. Why don't you just stop speculating about the character of kids you know nothing about based on a blog post that said the kid might consider the fact that there's a backlog of players at his position and might take a look at some other programs. That same article also said there are a lot of reasons that make UConn the perfect fit. This thing where we expect kids to make their decisions with only the interests of UConn and the freaking Boneyard in mind is moronic.

That being said, I'm with aceboon. With that hi-low post stuff that Self runs, I don't know why a kid like Adams would be high on KU.

I know almost zero about Jackson, because there's basically nothing about him online compared to some of these kids, so I take Ollie's word for it that he can play. But Adams is the only recruit on UConn's radar right now that's really going to bum me out if he goes elsewhere.
Your holier than thou routine is getting old.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So I guess I'm the only one who remembers the pure point on our roster(tsam), and the top 50 pure point we have coming in for 2015(Jackson). I don't know bout you guys but I really like where are future pg situation stands right now. Adams or Brunson is gravy

Reaction Score
Well, COMING IN, he won't be the best player in this class. We have two other guys who are touted as better prospects, so maybe retroactively adams could be the centerpiece. but not when he steps on campus. I just don't get why some posters consider him a must get and the jewel of the class, like the whole "it will be a disappointment if we dont sign him"sentiment.

Some people just think he's better than the rest. I happen to be one. I thought highly of Kelly Oubre last year. It's OK that UConn didn't get him. Doesn't change that he seemed to be a stud. And I love Prince Ali's game, I just think he's going to be a tweener 2/3. Different position than Adams.

Reaction Score
So I guess I'm the only one who remembers the pure point on our roster(tsam), and the top 50 pure point we have coming in for 2015(Jackson). I don't know bout you guys but I really like where are future pg situation stands right now. Adams or Brunson is gravy

I do remember that we have Samuel, but when this class comes in he will be a junior. That's the only reason I took him out of consideration in this conversation.

As for Turtle, like most I haven't seen much of him because film is rare and I've never had the chance to see him in person. But the 2 complete games films I saw of him he plays much more as a combo. Maybe it's just because of his size but he definitely makes playing another PG alongside him very possible; and given KO'S tendencies, likely.

Reaction Score
From Louisville's main recruiting guy on 247:

I wouldn't classify him a 'pure' PG. He's a heck of a combo guard who certainly can play the point, but he excels as a driver/scorer. He has good size, is a good athlete and will get in a stance a play tough defense. He's a tough guard, a big time scorer and he's also going to help on the boards. He'd fit in perfectly at UConn or Louisville, but a source close to him has told me the Huskies are the frontrunner.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I guess I really just don't get why we need another guard here, much like Peter Griffin didn't get why another Terminator was needed.

Reaction Score
From Louisville's main recruiting guy on 247:

I wouldn't classify him a 'pure' PG. He's a heck of a combo guard who certainly can play the point, but he excels as a driver/scorer. He has good size, is a good athlete and will get in a stance a play tough defense. He's a tough guard, a big time scorer and he's also going to help on the boards. He'd fit in perfectly at UConn or Louisville, but a source close to him has told me the Huskies are the frontrunner.
Awesome

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Rankings are for suckers. The eyeball test is what matters. I like Jalen Adams better than any pg in this classs.
Me too... Imagine a spread offensive lineup with adams, ali, purv, ham and ab... whew...

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
5 times he attacks the rim on the left side in those highlights, and 5 times he finishes with his right hand. Does he have a left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom