Jalen Adams and Sid Wilson - Violation of Team Rules | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams and Sid Wilson - Violation of Team Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What, keep his head in the sand and ignore this truth you've discovered? Is "a leopard doesn't change his spots" something you're just as certain of as "[Alterique Gilbert will not] be a difference maker for UConn basketball on the court./"[Gilbert] will likely be re-injured in practice before the season starts."/"[Gilbert] is done. Forget him.""Even if [Gilbert] did come back, in the first game he would get injured again."?

In fact, just because you've proclaimed that Jalen won't change, I am now 100% certain that he will. Your posts about this team are that of someone who lives in a fantasy land.
I hope he changes, but I don't think so. I don't think he can handle the stress of leadership. First the scooter, now something else. Ingrained behavior. As far as Alterique, hopefully he will not get hurt. But it is possible that they are shielding him in practice. It is very difficult to overcome such an injury, even with surgery. Anyone who has had any rotator cuff injury will testify. When he goes up against bigger and stronger players that the other teams seem to have then we will know if he will survive uninjured. When an elite program ends up losing to teams like Wagner and Yale, and even struggling against Columbia, one tends to get very disillusioned.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I hope he changes, but I don't think so. I don't think he can handle the stress of leadership. First the scooter, now something else. Ingrained behavior. As far as Alterique, hopefully he will not get hurt. But it is possible that they are shielding him in practice. It is very difficult to overcome such an injury, even with surgery. Anyone who has had any rotator cuff injury will testify. When he goes up against bigger and stronger players that the other teams seem to have then we will know if he will survive uninjured. When an elite program ends up losing to teams like Wagner and Yale, and even struggling against Columbia, one tends to get very disillusioned.

As those links attest, last time you started making those proclamations, they didn't turn out to reflect reality.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I can't imagine this was anything too severe. Sports media likes to feast on UConn problems like vultures in the desert. We'd have heard more by now if there was deep trouble of any kind.

Reaction Score
I have low expectations of Jalen honestly. O hope he proves me wrong! But yea the lack of maturity, leadership, and poor work ethics ( at least it appears that way to me) are clearly preventing him from being all that he can be. My biggest concern here is him potentially rubbing off on Sid too. I hope both of them get it together though.

Reaction Score
Not everyone can be like Michael Jordan and be the most intense and focused guy on the court in practice as well as in games, as Scott Burrell has so often spoken about.

Jalen may just be someone who is satisfied with who he is, enjoying himself joking around and having fun. and not interested in or willing to put the effort in to be the player so many other people want him to be. His family, friends and teammates can all tell him what he could be if he put his mind to it but if he's satisfied with himself he may not pay much attention. Or, he could believe so much in his ability he thinks he'll be able to turn it on whenever he wants.

Reaction Score
A similar thing happened in Hurley’s first year at URI. He suspended the team’s second best player from an early season tournament game against Seton Hall- his alma mater, so probably some desire to win that game. They lost by 5, but no single game was more important than getting his message across. There were no more incidents the rest of the year.

He’s not an overly punitive coach and will put up with some stuff as long as it doesn’t interfere with what the program is trying to do. I mean, he successfully coached JR Smith. Compete hard and be someone your coaches and teammates can depend on.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I can't imagine this was anything too severe. Sports media likes to feast on UConn problems like vultures in the desert. We'd have heard more by now if there was deep trouble of any kind.
In this particular case it’s some BY posters and not the media that are feasting. Jalen and Sid were late to a meeting or practice. For that they had to sit during the scrimmage. The punishment fit the crime. My bet is the issue was dealt with and is over. We should be more concerned about our front court play.

Reaction Score
A similar thing happened in Hurley’s first year at URI. He suspended the team’s second best player from an early season tournament game against Seton Hall- his alma mater, so probably some desire to win that game. They lost by 5, but no single game was more important than getting his message across. There were no more incidents the rest of the year.

He’s not an overly punitive coach and will put up with some stuff as long as it doesn’t interfere with what the program is trying to do. I mean, he successfully coached JR Smith. Compete hard and be someone your coaches and teammates can depend on.

Yeah, from what I've heard Hurley likes to joke around, has no problem with fun and likes his players to have a good time and be themselves around him. In many ways he is more goofy and fun loving than ollie and calhoun. He is not a stereotypical drill sergeant. But he isn't going to tolerate breaking team rules.

Reaction Score
Top 40 team? Harvard? Not even close.

Way too early, but they are the Ivy favorite and project as a 13 seed. In the past, RPI rankings of 13 seeds are kind of all over the place, but generally fall in the 50's somewhere. So top 40 isn't too far off . . .

Reaction Score
Not too concerned right now. Still think Jalen can have a great year. If this continues throughout the year then we have an issue but I'm sure Hurley will handle this well and Jalen will listen. Just sad that Jalen is still a little bit immature at times but he is still only 22 or 23 right?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I am not that concerned BUT a lot of the "Harvard's a good team" and "we were missing guys" stuff sounds an AWFUL lot like the stuff we (myself included) were saying to rationalize the losses to Northeastern, Wagner, Yale, etc.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am not that concerned BUT a lot of the "Harvard's a good team" and "we were missing guys" stuff sounds an AWFUL lot like the stuff we (myself included) were saying to rationalize the losses to Northeastern, Wagner, Yale, etc.
Agree.

Of course, this time it's true...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member