Jalen Adams and Sid Wilson - Violation of Team Rules | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams and Sid Wilson - Violation of Team Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Be interesting to see how this plays out since Hurley mentions in the Courant piece that fhis could be longer thhan a day or 2 thing. Maybe DH is posturing a little bit but he deosn't seem to be the kind of guy that postures for anything; pretty cut & dry with him...

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Here's hoping JA finds something deep within to have a great senior season. Having that 3/4 court shot v. Cincinatti as his signature moment would be kinda sad.

Reaction Score
UConn MBB has been a dumpster fire for a couple of years and is trying to return to it's former level of consistent high success.
Part of that effort is successfully recruiting high-level players.
We are awaiting a decision from one of these prospects and doing our best to impress another on-campus right now.
The team member our head coach states is our best player is suspended for the team's first scrimmage for violating team rules.
Simply a terrible scenario to demonstrate to these prospects, what JA does affects his teammates and UConn MBB, sadly this is solely on JA and could have consequences beyond the effect on this season.

I would argue to the contrary that this is a great scenario for recruiting for UConn MBB. Sends message to potential recruits that they’re not going to be treated special just because they’re a high # recruit. We probably don’t want the ones that expect special treatment.

Reaction Score
Maybe Al will be team leader this year?

Seems time to pass the baton in the leadership department. Adams will be a key player, but maybe he just isn't suited to be a leader. Disappointing, but for a team desperate to turn the page on an era of zero accountability and coaching, you have to get this right.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seems time to pass the baton in the leadership department. Adams will be a key player, but maybe he just isn't suited to be a leader. Disappointing, but for a team desperate to turn the page on an era of zero accountability and coaching, you have to get this right.
Leaders don't need to be designated by having batons passed to them. People naturally rally to them.

#trusttheprocess

Reaction Score
I wouldn't count out CV on being a leader this year. At least a vocal leader off the court

Reaction Score
Leaders don't need to be designated by having batons passed to them. People naturally rally to them.

#trusttheprocess

Yes, I agree with this. I guess what I mean is, it's time to give up on expecting Adams to suddenly emerge as the leader of a tough, disciplined team. Let them gravitate to Gilbert.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stop with the 2013 Ollieisms.
Lol, you'll have to show me where Ollie said that, but if he did he'd be right.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It's quite entertaining seeing the overlap between the people who rallied behind FR Jalen after he chewed out the previous coach and the people criticizing his lack of leadership now.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Wow. JA has consistently proven to lack maturity. Part of me wonders if next season we will witness an addition by subtraction. I understand that may sound crazy because of his undeniable ability, but you can't have a guy setting the tone like this. We need guys who want to win and work hard, and JA doesn't seem to understand how to do that and follow basic rules of conduct.

Reaction Score
Soooo many overreactions right now. How anyone thought that Coach Hurley would flip Jalen like a switch is beyond me. Changing attitude is a process, this is a step in that process. Things that might have normally flew in the old system will not fly now. I'll wait to pass judgement until I see how JA responds. Will he take it to heart, make a change, and be another great--not good-- UConn guard? I hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom