Jalen Adams and Sid Wilson - Violation of Team Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
A leopard doesn't change its spots.
That's true.
You continue to post content that confirms my choice to Ignore you.

There are so few in this category, that I couldn't resist the temptation to see who it was. You are right at the intersection of never disappointing by always disappointing. It's a gift.

Reaction Score
Agree generally, but it is a fair question to ask. Reminds me of back in the day when Mike McKay showed up five minutes late to practice. Perno called him out on it and McKay walked out. Next day, McKay showed up 10 minutes late and Perno didn't say a word. Accountability is key for any organization.

Change of culture is never easy and often takes an example to take hold. Hopefully it won't take more than one.

Wasn’t Bentley his coach at Harding? I can’t imagine McKay getting away with that in high school.

Reaction Score
You guys are ridiculous. Hurley has been raving about Jalen all off season. He has to discipline him one time and now y’all ready to throw Jalen away lol

I don't think anybody is ready to throw him away. It just strikes a nerve that Hurley came in preaching tough love and you're gonna have to work harder than ever before. And it seems like JA has bought into it 100%. He quoted last week saying he and the team needed it. Then a week later he sits a scrimmage because it sounds like he and Sid were slacking in practice. It just doesn't look good that the face of the program gets dinged for what looks like lip service. You'd rather see JA calling out others for it and holding others accountable. It's a tone at the top mentality. If JA slacks it breeds the same throughout the team. Hurley seems to have nipped it in the bud. Hopefully it's the kick he needed and it was just a case of "it's preseason not the regular season" and he dials it back up

Reaction Score
I don't think anybody is ready to throw him away. It just strikes a nerve that Hurley came in preaching tough love and you're gonna have to work harder than ever before. And it seems like JA has bought into it 100%. He quoted last week saying he and the team needed it. Then a week later he sits a scrimmage because it sounds like he and Sid were slacking in practice. It just doesn't look good that the face of the program gets dinged for what looks like lip service. You'd rather see JA calling out others for it and holding others accountable. It's a tone at the top mentality. If JA slacks it breeds the same throughout the team. Hurley seems to have nipped it in the bud. Hopefully it's the kick he needed and it was just a case of "it's preseason not the regular season" and he dials it back up
I don’t think Jalen did anything monumental. Hurley is probably just super strict/tough in Jalen which is what he needs. This is a good sign to me. I don’t think it’s anything more than Hurley being consistent. Jalen is and will be fine

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Is Ricky throwing shade?
E6DAF949-36FC-4AC2-82B4-C77DECFE80D0.png

Reaction Score
Hope it's nothing serious. But break them down and then build them back up, sounds familiar.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Hurley has sent the message. Let's see if it is received.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
1) your best player doesn’t have to be a leader.

2) there is nothing wrong with wanting to just do your job.

3) the lack of discipline after scootergate is still concerning. This is your last chance to make an impression to NBA personnel. You should be doing everything 100.

Reaction Score
When Jalen wants success as much as we all would like him to have it, maybe then?

Reaction Score
UConn is not releasing the final score, or any stats from the scrimmage, which was played at noon at Gampel Pavilion. Hurley said he keeps these things secret because the games are informal, players allowed to play with extra fouls, for instance, and it’s more “a teaching tool” than a game.

“The best player on the team and the head coach set the tone for the program. He’s got to be completely bought in to every single aspect of how I want a player to carry himself in the program, not just from 12:45 to 3:15 on the practice court. There is a heavy responsibility that comes with being the head coach at UConn, being the best player at UConn, or anyone that is associated with the program. This is an elite program and you have to carry yourself as such every single second of the day.”

Dan Hurley: Jalen Adams, Sid Wilson Held Out Of Scrimmage After 'Violating Team Rules'

Reaction Score
It does make sense of the scrimmage results, though doesn't it?

Not the UConn MBB news I was hoping for this morning but sitting out Jalen is an easy way for Dan Hurley to let the team know that he is serious about accountability. Hopefully the message was received.
I was disappointed hearing the news but it appears that its not an off the court thing and actually about them on the court which pleased me that DH is sending a message to not only his best player but the entire team that he has an expectation and if that expectation is not met there are consequences. I love this.
Actually it is something off the court. Either way im glad DH is not tolerating any nonsense and holding people accountable.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Seems time to pass the baton in the leadership department. Adams will be a key player, but maybe he just isn't suited to be a leader. Disappointing, but for a team desperate to turn the page on an era of zero accountability and coaching, you have to get this right.
He should just follow the rules and give his best. That would be leading by example. I think that is what most expect
and its not to much to ask of anyone. Any leadership beyond this is gravy at this point in his Uconn career. I don't expect a personality change at this point. He is setting an example to the whole team and especially the younger players that you can be a f---up and get away with it. Time to grow up. In a short while he will discover that Hurley means what he says and says what he means. This is a message.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
UConn is not releasing the final score, or any stats from the scrimmage, which was played at noon at Gampel Pavilion. Hurley said he keeps these things secret because the games are informal, players allowed to play with extra fouls, for instance, and it’s more “a teaching tool” than a game.

“The best player on the team and the head coach set the tone for the program. He’s got to be completely bought in to every single aspect of how I want a player to carry himself in the program, not just from 12:45 to 3:15 on the practice court. There is a heavy responsibility that comes with being the head coach at UConn, being the best player at UConn, or anyone that is associated with the program. This is an elite program and you have to carry yourself as such every single second of the day.”

Dan Hurley: Jalen Adams, Sid Wilson Held Out Of Scrimmage After 'Violating Team Rules'

DH is 100% right. I love this man already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom