Jaiden DeLaire | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jaiden DeLaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I met DeLaire when Simsbury played Granby High an eternity ago before multiple cataract surgeries. He was a Freshman. After the game DeLaire and a group of us went to Antonios in Simsbury for Pizza. Antonios is very old school and Jaiden was like "What do they play on that Juke box...the Gap Band?" LOL

It was my job to trying and keep an eye on the older folk trying to act to cool. I failed.

Anyways..carry on. Thanks for the great pic.

Sincerely Always & Forever,
The BDH

Never change.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You are very wrong because I'm just a novice here and didn't realize people seem to be lying in wait to twist and/or ridicule an innocent observation or an honest question.

My problem, I guess, and it all started with my failure to properly spell my moniker when I registered. It was supposed to be Scrutineer in reference to how I study things in depth and try to understand how things work. Thus the questions I ask.

That said, I guess I'd better pack up all my erudite observations and wit and go over to KeaneyBlue where the winners are.
I certainly don't mind admitting that I may have misread you, but your final paragraph continues an odd impression that may be softening but hasn't evaporated completely.
Even though you are registering objection to my initial skepticism and response, again you're closing with a bit of a zigzag that speaks to the board more broadly and here, out of the blue, references URI in a knowing reference.
To me, self-suggested and apologetic naivete doesn't pair often (or well) with self-claimed erudite observations and wit.
But yeah, I could be wrong in following my own scrutinering impulses.

Reaction Score
I assure you that nothing will bond you all together like a wood chipper.

They seem like decent folk Fishy how about a simple punch in the throat initially and if they don't respond the wood chipper it is?

Reaction Score
I certainly don't mind admitting that I may have misread you, but your final paragraph continues an odd impression that may be softening but hasn't evaporated completely.
Even though you are registering objection to my initial skepticism and response, again you're closing with a bit of a zigzag that speaks to the board more broadly and here, out of the blue, references URI in a knowing reference.
To me, self-suggested and apologetic naivete doesn't pair often (or well) with self-claimed erudite observations and wit.
But yeah, I could be wrong in following my own scrutinering impulses.

As I've said before, my wife warns me that my attempts at humor and sarcasm don't always translate in writing as people can't see my facial expressions.

The last paragraph was meant to poke fun at how this whole discussion has evolved by saying in essence that "I'm picking up my toys and leaving". KeaneyBlue came in because others here have commented on the angst present on that site and it seemed to be an apt destination for a malcontent.

I have nothing more to say on this issue because I fear being throat punched.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
As I've said before, my wife warns me that my attempts at humor and sarcasm don't always translate in writing as people can't see my facial expressions.

The last paragraph was meant to poke fun at how this whole discussion has evolved by saying in essence that "I'm picking up my toys and leaving". KeaneyBlue came in because others here have commented on the angst present on that site and it seemed to be an apt destination for a malcontent.

/s is your friend

Reaction Score
After the game DeLaire and a group of us went to Antonios in Simsbury for Pizza. Antonios is very old school

Did he see himself committing to UConn in the Antonios magic 8 ball?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Throatpunching is overrated, the woodchipper is not.

To the extent that I've wondered about you, it's been about whether you're possibly a journalist being disingenuously "Aw shucks" folksy like Roy Williams. If you're not, that's fine by me, and I offer apologies for coming on too strong. If you are, then I'd prefer disclosure and was willing to press the issue a bit, but it's no huge upset to me, and clearly isn't to others in this thread.

Maybe I got too influenced by @Stainmaster wondering what some guy's handle is or @JMick's suggestion of site-wide PTSD. We weren't playing "Here Comes the Sun" last spring. HT to @fleudslipcon.

Overall, I'm liking the recent string of good news, including today's NLIs, and I'd like to see Hurley & crew recruit good players who fit well (academics, basketball, character, development) for 2019.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This kid is going to absolutely blow up this spring/summer. He got way better since last year. Tonight he was beating smaller quick guards off the dribble on the perimeter and staying in front of them of defense. Lateral quickness greatly improved, playing much more under control.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This kid is going to absolutely blow up this spring/summer. He got way better since last year. Tonight he was beating smaller quick guards off the dribble on the perimeter and staying in front of them of defense, lateral quickness greatly improved while playing more more under control.

Someone get this kid on a official visit to Blaze Pizza ASAP

Reaction Score
This kid is going to absolutely blow up this spring/summer. He got way better since last year. Tonight he was beating smaller quick guards off the dribble on the perimeter and staying in front of them of defense. Lateral quickness greatly improved, playing much more under control.
Yup.

Jaiden DeLaire, PF/SF, NE6 – Arguably the top performer of the entire night was DeLaire. After suffering a bit of an injury last week, DeLaire showed everything he is capable of. At every bit of 6-foot-8 with length and skill, DeLaire dominated in an opening game win. DeLaire can handle the ball, makes shots in the mid-range, and also is a good athlete. Quite simply he put everything together on Friday, and showed that he is due for a massive rankings jump.

Nico Mannion, Jaiden DeLaire and Aidan Igiehon all had monster showings on night one of the Under Armour Association

Reaction Score
Duke already has Joey Baker and leads for Wendell Moore, but it would be nice if they didn’t get involved here.

Reaction Score
Legit question, would you rather have an early commitment from Delaire or hold off a bit in hopes that we can land a 5 star like Achiuwa? (if getting both hypothetically isn't an option)

Reaction Score
Legit question, would you rather have an early commitment from Delaire or hold off a bit in hopes that we can land a 5 star like Achiuwa? (if getting both hypothetically isn't an option)

Delaire is going to be considered at top 50 player soon in the rankings. Not a five star but very close to one.

Reaction Score

We’ve learned our lesson with waiting on top guys. If DeLaire wants to commit, we’ll take him with open arms.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
By we do you mean Susan Herbst or Dave Benedict?

Fortunately, I don't think Hurley ever had to 'learn' that lesson anyway. Common sense took care of that problem ahead of time.

Reaction Score
Delaire isnt as pure an athlete, but he may end up the better college player. You take precious for the athleticism and to starta 5* pipeline. But you take delaire to stabilize the program for a few years. Both players are just as valuable imo

Lets also point out that jaiden is playing much better than precious in the uaa right now...

Fwiw--havent been impressed with mulcahy AT ALL.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Delaire isnt as pure an athlete, but he may end up the better college player. You take precious for the athleticism and to starta 5* pipeline. But you take delaire to stabilize the program for a few years. Both players are just as valuable imo

Lets also point out that jaiden is playing much better than precious in the uaa right now...

Fwiw--havent been impressed with mulcahy AT ALL.
Anthony Harris has been lackluster as well, and Khalif Battle has been absolutely abysmal.

2019 is the worst class of PGs in the past decade. Very very thin. Mulcahy doesn’t have a big role but at least he’s shooting well percentage wise. I think he’s always been someone you expect to wait on until he has more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom