Jaiden DeLaire | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jaiden DeLaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Achiuwa right now plays more like a stretch 4 than a pure 3. Delaire is good enough with the ball to play anywhere 2-4. There would definitely be room for both if that opportunity ever presents itself.

If we play a 4-out, 1-in lineup, we're going to have probably 2 guys who are virtually interchangeable at the 3/4. They can definitely play together.

Reaction Score
The staff saw Kyle Sturdivant play today. I hope they jump in on him. He’s been scoring and passing well in EYBL play. He’s going to end up a lot higher than 140th.

A gray Husky and dark blue Husky like it. Miami is all in on someone there huh.

Reaction Score
The staff saw Kyle Sturdivant play today. I hope they jump in on him. He’s been scoring and passing well in EYBL play. He’s going to end up a lot higher than 140th.

Stats I like that Hurley is looking at Noah Farrakhan. The kid is one of the elite point guards in the class of 2020. He's a physical specimen like Lecque, and he's from Newark so Hurley has a good connection here.

PS: Not overly impressed with Sturdivant. Farrakhan is a must get.

Reaction Score
Stats I like that Hurley is looking at Noah Farrakhan. The kid is one of the elite point guards in the class of 2020. He's a physical specimen like Lecque, and he's from Newark so Hurley has a good connection here.

PS: Not overly impressed with Sturdivant. Farrakhan is a must get.
Hard to argue against Sturdivant’s production.

Farrakhan has a good shot at playing in the NBA. He’s a star. Hopefully we’re big on him for next year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Delaire isnt as pure an athlete, but he may end up the better college player. You take precious for the athleticism and to starta 5* pipeline. But you take delaire to stabilize the program for a few years. Both players are just as valuable imo

Lets also point out that jaiden is playing much better than precious in the uaa right now...

Fwiw--havent been impressed with mulcahy AT ALL.
Thought I was the only one not impressed with Mulcahy.

Reaction Score
Throatpunching is overrated, the woodchipper is not.

To the extent that I've wondered about you, it's been about whether you're possibly a journalist being disingenuously "Aw shucks" folksy like Roy Williams. If you're not, that's fine by me, and I offer apologies for coming on too strong. If you are, then I'd prefer disclosure and was willing to press the issue a bit, but it's no huge upset to me, and clearly isn't to others in this thread.

Maybe I got too influenced by @Stainmaster wondering what some guy's handle is or @JMick's suggestion of site-wide PTSD. We weren't playing "Here Comes the Sun" last spring. HT to @fleudslipcon.

Overall, I'm liking the recent string of good news, including today's NLIs, and I'd like to see Hurley & crew recruit good players who fit well (academics, basketball, character, development) for 2019.

All's good. Just a retired 66 grad with no ties to journalism who now lives in South Carolina and spends a great deal of time fooling with classic cars. Also no basketball experience except as a fan so that also contributes to the questions.

Reaction Score
Larry bird was extremely athletic. Lets not kid ourselves because of his race.
You should probably tell Bird that as he seems to think otherwise. There is a mistaken belief that Uber athleticism is necessary to be a good basketball player. That is the KO way. The truth is that a great team needs a blend of players with a blend of skills. There is a minimum amount of athleticism needed but this kid has that. If he is good in all other areas and great in a couple, he can be a strong contributor. You need at least one player on the floor that is great at each skill to have a great team. Five great athletes with zero great passers or zero great ball handlers or zero great shooters or zero great rebounders or zero great defenders will not be a great team.

P.S. Why are you a racist?

Reaction Score
You should probably tell Bird that as he seems to think otherwise. There is a mistaken belief that Uber athleticism is necessary to be a good basketball player. That is the KO way. The truth is that a great team needs a blend of players with a blend of skills. There is a minimum amount of athleticism needed but this kid has that. If he is good in all other areas and great in a couple, he can be a strong contributor. You need at least one player on the floor that is great at each skill to have a great team. Five great athletes with zero great passers or zero great ball handlers or zero great shooters or zero great rebounders or zero great defenders will not be a great team.

P.S. Why are you a racist?

Haha. I'm not. People tend to think Larry wasn't athletic because of his race. His balance, coordination, strength, and lateral speed were exceptional in my opinion. Even if he couldnt jump as high as some others.

I agree Jaiden is an athlete. But I also know his #1 concern is improving strength and athleticism for a fact. Handle is #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom