Jaiden DeLaire | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jaiden DeLaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I don't know. The line "look in the mirror, get past the image of suffocating pomposity staring back at you" is equitable to anything Hans writes.

I do take issue with his dig on Hans about psychoanalyzing. On the one hand I feel those digs should be only directed at me. Lately however, I've noticed a lot of people analyzing posters and maybe it's time I hang up those cleats.
Not trying to be “holier than thou” to anyone here, but perhaps the most sane approach might be to reply to thoughts posters actually express, rather than what you imagine their motivation to be.

Probably could apply this to politics also.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not trying to be “holier than thou” to anyone here, but perhaps the most sane approach might be to reply to thoughts posters actually express, rather than what you imagine their motivation to be.

Probably could apply this to politics also.
Does that apply to posters who imagine what players and coaches motivations might be?

If we left out all the imagination this place would be crickets.

And hopefully no one else imagines what I imagine. I say this because I can imagine what the world would be like if that were the case and that world would make the last two seasons appear pretty. See I spelled it out so no one has to imagine anything.

And you know what they say about someone starting a sentence "Not trying to be" dot dot dot.

All kidding aside I love this place. The intellectual snobbery, the cliques, the machismo, the debating, the snark, the put downs all have value. This is the modern day version of the wild west. It's a game within a game. It would be horrible if people who came here weren't part of a brotherhood. What I've come to observe is that most people, even those hitting one another pretty hard, have concern for each other. I do worry that some sensitive poster can't handle a remark. On the other hand most of the stuff people throw at each other is more along the line of gamesmanship and there is a beauty when people have minimum restrictions and can express themselves freely.

Reaction Score
Does that apply to posters who imagine what players and coaches motivations might be?

If we left out all the imagination this place would be crickets.

And hopefully no one else imagines what I imagine. I say this because I can imagine what the world would be like if that were the case and that world would make the last two seasons appear pretty. See I spelled it out so no one has to imagine anything.

And you know what they say about someone starting a sentence "Not trying to be" dot dot dot.

All kidding aside I love this place. The intellectual snobbery, the cliques, the machismo, the debating, the snark, the put downs all have value. This is the modern day version of the wild west. It's a game within a game. It would be horrible if people who came here weren't part of a brotherhood. What I've come to observe is that most people, even those hitting one another pretty hard, have concern for each other. I do worry that some sensitive poster can't handle a remark. On the other hand most of the stuff people throw at each other is more along the line of gamesmanship and there is a beauty when people have minimum restrictions and can express themselves freely.
F off!!!!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don't know. The line "look in the mirror, get past the image of suffocating pomposity staring back at you" is equitable to anything Hans writes.

I do take issue with his dig on Hans about psychoanalyzing. On the one hand I feel those digs should be only directed at me. Lately however, I've noticed a lot of people analyzing posters and maybe it's time I hang up those cleats.
My last look in the mirror yielded a view of some uneven beard hairs, a couple forehead patches where my recent shingles outbreak hasn't fully healed, and an overall sense of self-acceptance.

Maybe I've read @Scrutiner"s last couple posts incorrectly, but my intuitive sense was that he might have been going for a gadfly's take, and this one felt out of place in a thread - one of several in process - devoted to a particular player. I could be wrong.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
My last look in the mirror yielded a view of some uneven beard hairs, a couple forehead patches where my recent shingles outbreak hasn't fully healed, and an overall sense of self-acceptance.

Maybe I've read @Scrutiner"s last couple posts incorrectly, but my intuitive sense was that he might have been going for a gadfly's take, and this one felt out of place in a thread - one of several in process - devoted to a particular player. I could be wrong.
It's not the content. You're invading a domain.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I don't want DeLaire or Cockburn.

Reaction Score
This is DeAndre Daniels part 2, leggoooo

Mucj different player than daniels. I'd argue higher ceiling because of his better perimeter game.

Both lack elite athleticism. Some writer said jaiden had hops and I was surprised. That's his biggest weakness

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Well now, maybe you should get up earlier to look for people to insult so you'll have more time before you go off to do whatever you do. Or maybe you should focus on more important things than imagining peoples' motives and start thinking about what you're saying.

"The key here" is how much you appear to consider
yourself superior to people you know nothing about. Maybe you should try psychoanalyzing yourself before you make condescending assumptions about the motivations of others.

I've been polite to people when commenting on this board and "often wondered" why there are a few people that act like jerks, but you set a new standard with your holier than thou comments about parodies and imparting sinister motives to an innocent question about whether coaches care about the players as whole beings with futures they can positively impact, as Edsall seems to, or if they are looking at a kid as a meal ticket and nothing more.

So, why don't you look in the mirror, get past the image of suffocating pomposity staring back at you, and consider the possibility that others may be uneducated and naive about the world of AAU, big contracts and coaches with other than the best interests of the players as their primary motivation.

Generally,I get a kick out of Hans. But in this case, I have no idea why he came at you so hard

Reaction Score
Mucj different player than daniels. I'd argue higher ceiling because of his better perimeter game.

Both lack elite athleticism. Some writer said jaiden had hops and I was surprised. That's his biggest weakness
Athleticism shouldn't be a problem.
IMG_20180425_185840.jpg

Reaction Score
View attachment 30963

That photo angle is misleading. Athleticism and ballhandling are 100% the knocks on him as a player. Needs some weight too. I know that for a fact.

Hes a solid shooter, good IQ, and obviously great size. Still growing.

Pm me if you want info on him

Reaction Score
View attachment 30963

I met DeLaire when Simsbury played Granby High an eternity ago before multiple cataract surgeries. He was a Freshman. After the game DeLaire and a group of us went to Antonios in Simsbury for Pizza. Antonios is very old school and Jaiden was like "What do they play on that Juke box...the Gap Band?" LOL

It was my job to trying and keep an eye on the older folk trying to act to cool. I failed.

Anyways..carry on. Thanks for the great pic.

Sincerely Always & Forever,
The BDH

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You are very wrong because I'm just a novice here and didn't realize people seem to be lying in wait to twist and/or ridicule an innocent observation or an honest question.

My problem, I guess, and it all started with my failure to properly spell my moniker when I registered. It was supposed to be Scrutineer in reference to how I study things in depth and try to understand how things work. Thus the questions I ask.

That said, I guess I'd better pack up all my erudite observations and wit and go over to KeaneyBlue where the winners are.

Reaction Score
That photo angle is misleading. Athleticism and ballhandling are 100% the knocks on him as a player. Needs some weight too. I know that for a fact.

Hes a solid shooter, good IQ, and obviously great size. Still growing.

Pm me if you want info on him
Nah, I'm good. Know all about his game.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You are very wrong because I'm just a novice here and didn't realize people seem to be lying in wait to twist and/or ridicule an innocent observation or an honest question.

My problem, I guess, and it all started with my failure to properly spell my moniker when I registered. It was supposed to be Scrutineer in reference to how I study things in depth and try to understand how things work. Thus the questions I ask.

That said, I guess I'd better pack up all my erudite observations and wit and go over to KeaneyBlue where the winners are.

LOL

Reaction Score
Generally,I get a kick out of Hans. But in this case, I have no idea why he came at you so hard

No problem, we're all friends here on the KeaneyBlue board aren't we? Oh, oh, lost my way and strayed back.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom