Jacobs Article on Diallo | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jacobs Article on Diallo

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I'd like you to have the awareness necessary to realize everyone already knows 3 point shooting is important, or better yet, to have the ability to understand that Ollie is already recruiting guys at the 2/3 that have reputations as good shooters.

Sadly, both of these are beyond you.
Is actually putting the ball in the hole part of this reputation? Cause I've seen more airballs this season than in the last ten combined. I think Ollie has been more worried about guys ability to move up and down the floor and play defense. Jackson has been the only guy who was recruited for his shooting and he has not done that well. He must have missed out on his other recruits. Purvis, Adams, Larrier, Vital, DHam, Diallo(Kt) are not knock down three point shooters. As far as I can tell that makes one: Jackson with the slow release. Sadly, there seems to be two realities: yours vs. the losing season for lack of 3 point shooting.

Reaction Score
The Hami/Gerald Green comp might be the best one I've seen. I've never seen Diallo play, but every stat on the circuit basically showed he was a very mediocre shooter. Pretty sure the big summer tour had him at 19% from 3 on a lot of attempts. So many of the things his coach very honestly (never seen a coach burn a player like that) seems totally accurate. I obviously would have loved to have Diallo, but there are certainly some red flags in his game and many times guys like him are fairly average college players who end up being very good pros by the time they are in the mid 20s.

Reaction Score
Sadly, there seems to be two realities: yours vs. the losing season for lack of 3 point shooting.
Yes, out of the 2 of us, I'm sure the person who thinks there have been more airballs this year than in the prior ten years is the one with an accurate grasp of reality.

BTW, Vital's rep was absolutely as a shooter, Gibbs was brought in as a shooter last year, and Gilbert was a very good three point shooter in high school games. You omitted Gibbs and Gilbert from your list of players, but given your memory of airballs, I'll just assume you forgot they were on the team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Funny, but the story reported by people with actual first hand knowledge made no mention of that.

Not that knowledge matters to you.

Which is what? I missed it.

Reaction Score
"After the sudden burst of optimism among UConn fans shortly before Christmas when word broke that Diallo, a postgraduate, was looking to attend college second semester, the cold slap of reality hit. Let's be real. How often in recent memory has UConn beaten out Kentucky for the biggest national hotshots that it wanted badly?"

Well, the last time I checked, how many NCs has UConn won (4) in the last 20 years compared to Kentucky (3)? I feel badly for the time our staff put into this clown. No good deed goes unpunished as they say. Sounds like the kid has some character, maturity and work ethic issues any way...plus he's not a great shot. UConn has always out determined its opponents and finds ways to win. Down year, but we'll be fine.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Yes, out of the 2 of us, I'm sure the person who thinks there have been more airballs this year than in the prior ten years is the one with an accurate grasp of reality.

BTW, Vital's rep was absolutely as a shooter, Gibbs was brought in as a shooter last year, and Gilbert was a very good three point shooter in high school games. You omitted Gibbs and Gilbert from your list of players, but given your memory of airballs, I'll just assume you forgot they were on the team.
I'll give you Gibbs, the court is out on Gilbert.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom