Jackson?! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jackson?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Gonna be tough for him to find minutes if he can't shoot the rock. We're already throwing our 3+ guys that aren't a threat from 3 in any given lineup.

Then why did Gaffney see so many mins? He can't shoot either and can't get by anyone on the dribble. Swap him for Andre and leave RJ and Bouk out there with him.

Reaction Score
You are clearly in a position to criticize a win by a young team against a USC team with the Mobley bros + Peterson. Just stop.

I like how you lumped in 300+ recruit 3* Drew Peterson in with the 5* Mobleys lol.

Reaction Score
It's early. Bring him along slow like Bouknight last year. He played 2 lesser teams and didn't show the offensive impact you're talking about.

He hustled on defense, had some nice assists, and a few putbacks. Odd argument to have at the moment.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
What did Sanogo do that impressed you tonight? (I love the kid, but really...)
From what I've seen 3 games in, I am more impressed by Sanogo's ability and overall production. I would imagine they were both beasts in HS, but I like Adama more so far. That's it.

Reaction Score
The most disappointing thing was seeing Hurley trot out the same lineup in the second half when our offense was inept vs their zone. Same guards with Bouk, Gaff, RJ, and Martin. None of them could create. Gaff is never a shooting threat or someone who will beat you off the dribble, unfortunately. Jackson would have been the perfect guy to put in the middle of that zone with his passing skills and bouncy athleticism.
gotta disagree. gaff is probably the 3rd best 3 point shooter on the team. right now i'd put him ahead of polley who isnt the same guy as last year. gaff is also a better passer than AJ.

bouk, gaff, rj, martin and a center is our best shooting lineup and therefore the best lineup to play against a zone

Last edited:

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
From what I've seen 3 games in, I am more impressed by Sanogo's ability and overall production. I would imagine they were both beasts in HS, but I like Adamo more so far. That's it.

"3 games in"

I mean cmon man. You're the one exclaiming "I can't believe he was rated higher than Sanogo." Maybe tone down the December 3rd hot takes, otherwise don't be surprised when people give you grief.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
"3 games in"

I mean cmon man. You're the one exclaiming "I can't believe he was rated higher than Sanogo." Maybe tone down the December 3rd hot takes, otherwise don't be surprised when people give you grief.
Trust me, I’m not surprised. I mean Hurley obviously likes Sanogo more. So why is my take so crazy? And thus far, which of the two are you more impressed with?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Almost everyone played like crap against the zone. He’ll get a lot more burn as the season goes on. We’re deep so he’s not forced on the court

Reaction Score
Where was Jackson tonight? I get he's a frosh and that Martin has played solid, but he's too talented to not see the floor, especially when our offense got flat.

The most disappointing thing was seeing Hurley trot out the same lineup in the second half when our offense was inept vs their zone. Same guards with Bouk, Gaff, RJ, and Martin. None of them could create. Gaff is never a shooting threat or someone who will beat you off the dribble, unfortunately. Jackson would have been the perfect guy to put in the middle of that zone with his passing skills and bouncy athleticism.

Gotta question Hurley a bit with being stubborn and not changing things when our offense stalled. USC blew multiple opportunities. Against a better team, we lose. But I guess a win is a win.
You want Jackson playing against a zone? He is an awful shooter from what I can tell and doesn't have much offensive game at this time. I would like to see him get Bredan Adams minutes though.

Reaction Score
Where was Jackson tonight? I get he's a frosh and that Martin has played solid, but he's too talented to not see the floor, especially when our offense got flat.

Gotta question Hurley a bit with being stubborn and not changing things when our offense stalled. USC blew multiple opportunities. Against a better team, we lose. But I guess a win is a win.
I know, I know, everyone mislead you that he'd be a superstar this year. This isn't Kentucky, rarely happens here. UConn is brutal on fanboys. You've been duped. Happens every year. You'll get used to it.

Last edited:

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score

Jackson needs a lot of work. He’s not one of the ten best players currently on this team......
Hopefully he puts in the work and gets better. I think he will.

Reaction Score
Trust me, I’m not surprised. I mean Hurley obviously likes Sanogo more. So why is my take so crazy? And thus far, which of the two are you more impressed with?

More things go into recruiting ranks than who will be most impressive 3 games into freshman season. Either way, Sanogo only had 1 point and 3 fouls in 10 minutes tonight despite us playing 2 centers all night.

Your take that you are surprised Jackson was rated higher is not crazy. Sanogo was ranked in a similar spot before reclassing. Your take that "all Jackson can do is dunk" is the bad take.

Reaction Score
Guys don’t freak out. Bouk didn’t play 1 minute during the 1st 3 games freshman year. Andre will come around, he’ll have a huge impact come conference play, or when a team plays man to man against us.
I can see Jackson getting huge minutes against St. John’s and Georgetown in the 1st 2 big East games. He’ll be able to prove his worth. I think he needs to be right behind Martin at the 3.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
More things go into recruiting ranks than who will be most impressive 3 games into freshman season. Either way, Sanogo only had 1 point and 3 fouls in 10 minutes tonight despite us playing 2 centers all night.

Your take that you are surprised Jackson was rated higher is not crazy. Sanogo was ranked in a similar spot before reclassing. Your take that "all Jackson can do is dunk" is the bad take.
Actually it’s not a bad take. I’ve watched every second of every game. I’ve watched and played basketball my whole life. I’m also not crucifying the kid like people are making me out to be. Just saying he needs to mature and work on his game. Standard for a freshman. And which of the 2 have you been more impressed with thus far?

Last edited:

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Actually it’s not a bad take. I’ve watched every second of every game. I’ve watched and played basketball my whole life. I’m also not crucifying the kid like people are making me out to be. Just saying he needs to mature and work on his game. Standard for a freshman. And which of the 2 have you been more impressed with this far?

I mean, he did log six assists in 19 minutes in his first collegiate game as a SF.

Reaction Score

3rd game as a freshman, give him some time. He’ll be fine. Big moment and must win game, can’t blame DH for rolling with the guys he trusts, even if the offense was pretty bad in that last ten min. Can’t afford mistakes at that point.

let’s not forget, Bouk was held scoreless in MSG against Indiana in the 9th game of the season last year. He’s turned out to be okay. Just gotta have some patience, AJ will get his chances and improve as the season rolls along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom