Jackson?! | The Boneyard

Jackson?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Where was Jackson tonight? I get he's a frosh and that Martin has played solid, but he's too talented to not see the floor, especially when our offense got flat.

The most disappointing thing was seeing Hurley trot out the same lineup in the second half when our offense was inept vs their zone. Same guards with Bouk, Gaff, RJ, and Martin. None of them could create. Gaff is never a shooting threat or someone who will beat you off the dribble, unfortunately. Jackson would have been the perfect guy to put in the middle of that zone with his passing skills and bouncy athleticism.

Gotta question Hurley a bit with being stubborn and not changing things when our offense stalled. USC blew multiple opportunities. Against a better team, we lose. But I guess a win is a win.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Where was Jackson tonight? I get he's a frosh and that Martin has played solid, but he's too talented to not see the floor, especially when our offense got flat.

The most disappointing thing was seeing Hurley trot out the same lineup in the second half when our offense was inept vs their zone. Same guards with Bouk, Gaff, RJ, and Martin. None of them could create. Gaff is never a shooting threat or off the dribble, unfortunately. Jackson would have been the perfect guy to put in the middle of that zone with his passing skills and bouncy athleticism.

Gotta question Hurley a bit with being stubborn and not changing things when our offense stalled. USC blew multiple opportunities. Against a better team, we lose. But I guess a win is a win.
They came out hot in the second half and played some great offense until the lineups changed - not really sure you’re hitting the mark here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's not gonna play a lot this year. Bouk and Martin will get the majority of wing minutes it seems.

Reaction Score
Couldn't afford his fouls with the refs calling it so soft and he can't shoot against zone. If the refs let them play, he would have seen more time when we were pressing. He'll have his time. Meanwhile he should be getting up 1000 3s a day

Reaction Score
Hard to play him against a zone when he can’t shoot.

I think Jackson can be successful playing in the middle of the zone at the free throw line. He can take one step from there and put it up or distribute. Also he can be used as a slasher along the baseline. Get him the ball within 10ft and he’ll make plays.

But I do think it will take Jackson time to get comfortable though. Maybe by February he’ll be a zone buster for us.

Reaction Score
I like Martin starting and being the second option in transition. He's sees the angles and knows when to attack. I hope he learns to play with Bouknight.

Sometimes he should drive to score. Other times he needs to threaten the drive to set up Bouknight for corner 3s.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
They came out hot in the second half and played some great offense until the lineups changed - not really sure you’re hitting the mark here.

We scored 3 points over the last 8+ mins of the game. At one point in the second half we were 1-14 shooting from the field. Hurley did nothing to adapt against their zone.

Inserting Jackson, a great passer, in the middle of the zone would have been interesting. I don't think he even saw the floor in the second half. Like I said, the kid is too talented to sit. Even if he's not there defensively, it's not like our D was lock-down either... we simply got lucky that USC missed open shots.

Against a better team we lose. It's fair to criticize why Hurley didn't adapt.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

The most disappointing thing was seeing Hurley trot out the same lineup in the second half when our offense was inept vs their zone. Same guards with Bouk, Gaff, RJ, and Martin. None of them could create. Gaff is never a shooting threat or someone who will beat you off the dribble, unfortunately. Jackson would have been the perfect guy to put in the middle of that zone with his passing skills and bouncy athleticism.

You are clearly in a position to criticize a win by a young team against a USC team with the Mobley bros + Peterson. Just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom