Jabari Parker adds uconn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jabari Parker adds uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His faith is more important than NBA stardom? This kid screams Kevin Ollie.

69960100.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure KO's piety had to be somewhat a factor, if not the main reason, why Jabari put uconn on his final list of 10. It seems Jabari comes from a fairly religious background and he and his family would probably love to play for a coach who is a god fearing man. This is a good trend for uconn to have more players who value morals be interested in uconn (not saying former players were not good people and not saying you have to be religious to be moral), but personally I love where we are headed with KO.

Also to the lingering KO naysayers, as a wise man once put it to a stupid reporter, "Shut up"

Reaction Score
KO has a chance to send a huge message to the talking heads and all the other recruits out there that UConn does not end with Jim Calhoun. Crossing my fingers because this would be huge.

Reaction Score
Even getting in the door speaks volumes. Wow. #1 recruit in the country.

Kevin really just needs to show promise on the sidelines and he'll get the extension. Hopefully sooner rather than later, because these recruits are going to start beating down the doors once he gets it!

Bingo nomar......I mean I have no reason to get my hopes high but for a #1 or 2 recruit to throw out a list late and then ADD, amazing impact obviously. May not choose KO and the Huskies but it "speaks volumes" as nomar said!

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure KO's piety had to be somewhat a factor, if not the main reason, why Jabari put uconn on his final list of 10. It seems Jabari comes from a fairly religious background and he and his family would probably love to play for a coach who is a god fearing man. This is a good trend for uconn to have more players who value morals be interested in uconn (not saying former players were not good people and not saying you have to be religious to be moral), but personally I love where we are headed with KO.

Also to the lingering KO naysayers, as a wise man once put it to a stupid reporter, "Shut up"

Parker is a Mormon, and very religious according to posts that I've read.

Reaction Score
His in home will be either Thursday or Friday. He will most likely cut his list to five schools and officially visit them five. His list will be cut sometime after next week because he will have all of his in homes over by then.

Reaction Score
He isn't a center. He's a sf/pf combo. 6'8" 220 is not a center.

Getting way, way ahead of ourselves, this is the sort of player that I'd like to see as a stretch 4.

Calhoun tried to shoehorn these guys in at the small forward in an unreasonably big lineup, and we ended up getting out-skilled at both the 3 and the 4. I wonder if Ollie's philosophy will be more in line with the smaller teams he played with in the mid-90's.

Like you all are saying, getting this guy would instantly defuse media chatter about the demise of our program.

Reaction Score
Would be amazing...but going to try and forget this even happened until he at the very least gives UConn one of his official visits. Says a lot about Ollie that he was able to get in there.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jabari Parker + XRM + Kenton Facey + Terrence Samuel added to Shabazz + Boatright (maybe) + Omar Calhoun + DeAndre Daniels + Niels Giffey + Tyler Olander + Enosch Wolf + Phillip Nolan + Leon Tolksdorf

======

Tremendous amounts of depth, experience, and skill. Therefore, I like our chances in the 2013-2014 season even if we don't get XRM or Jabari.

caw

Reaction Score
Wow, great news. Shocking but great news. Wonder where UConn would stand if KO had the CIW label prior. Water under the bridge now, let's go KO.

Parker reminds me of Rudy with a better handle. He can play the 3 or 4 in college.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Even getting in the door speaks volumes. Wow. #1 recruit in the country.

Kevin really just needs to show promise on the sidelines and he'll get the extension. Hopefully sooner rather than later, because these recruits are going to start beating down the doors once he gets it!

Exactly.

Whether UConn lands the kid or not, this took muscle.

I tend to be cynical about this sort of thing, but I'm impressed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Exactly.

Whether UConn lands the kid or not, this took muscle.

I tend to be cynical about this sort of thing, but I'm impressed.
We'll be calling to fit you for your Ollie's Army jersey momentarily.
Ollie Bomaye!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm hoping the deciding factor will be a double elimination one-on-one battle among the 3.
It's really too bad about K's hip and back acting up again. I hear they may need to put him down. Big questions about who follows him; big risk that they slip back into obscurity in short order, I'm hearing...

(Okay, now who's got something we can make up to torpedo Izzo?)

Reaction Score
Obviously KO has these kids ears. Doesn't mean he'll land everyone we want but says alot about how he is respected on the recruiting trail. Also speaks to these kids liking Uconn alot but having to take us out as an option for fear of the Unknown. Who would be coach.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
There's nothing more satisfying than hearing this:

"Of course, coach Kevin Ollie came in, and (Jabari) wanted them for a home visit."
and

"I have always been the biggest fan of UConn."

Reaction Score
Take Boat with you Kevin (in your heart). Whatever it takes! Chicago kids are ballers.

I still marvel how Depaul keeps losing these kids, even though they are on his list. I would keep firing coaches until one could start recruiting at home.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's really too bad about K's hip and back acting up again. I hear they may need to put him down. Big questions about who follows him; big risk that they slip back into obscurity in short order, I'm hearing...

(Okay, now who's got something we can make up to torpedo Izzo?)

What's nice about Duke is that you can be sure that you will always safely be able to hate them. They will undoubtedly replace Coach K with a world-class like Wojo or Chris Collins. Too bad Quinn Snyder screwed the pooch at Mizzou, because he would have been a terrific person to continue my Duke hatred with. But I'm sure Duke will get it right. They have so many slimeball Eddie Haskells to pick from.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I still marvel how Depaul keeps losing these kids, even though they are on his list. I would keep firing coaches until one could start recruiting at home.

I think that's what they've been doing for the last 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom