Jabari Parker adds uconn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jabari Parker adds uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wonder if Boat, being from Chicago, helped get him interested. Regardless, way to go Ollie.

Boatright is from Aurora, which is close to an hour outside the city. The schools arent in the same league in regards to the competiton they face, but I would imagine they must know each other from AAU etc...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
And then Woodson. There's our Fab Five.

Woodson's grades have been an issue, so I doubt we pursue him.

In my opinion, us being introduced to his top10 so late and with such good praise from Jabari, there is a good possibility we'll be in his top 5.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
but our program is going to fall apart now, doesn't anyone know this?

Calhoun retired, we're doomed

:cool:

C

Chief00

Woodson's grades have been an issue, so I doubt we pursue him.

In my opinion, us being introduced to his top10 so late and with such good praise from Jabari, there is a good possibility we'll be in his top 5.

I really hope we don't put ourselves at a competitive disadvantage and overreact to all this academic standard stuff. We now know that the schools that supposively had good academics had fabricated academic programs rather than high standards.

Reaction Score
Love this kid. Not only a great player, but seems to have a grounded personality. Would be a great get for Ollie.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I really hope we don't put ourselves at a competitive disadvantage and overreact to all this academic standard stuff. We now know that the schools that supposively had good academics had fabricated academic programs rather than high standards.

True, but I'd rather have a blue-collar workhorse down in the paint rather than a guy that's getting suspended for half of the season for grades.

Reaction Score
WOW. Landing this guy would go a very long way towards giving KO another contract.

Not sure how much I believe, but heard a story at a party that both 'Bron and KD are telling kids to talk to Kevin, that he is a stud teacher of the game and NBA.

Umm, that is better than MJ almost at this point!

Reaction Score
Jabari Parker + XRM + Kenton Facey + Terrence Samuel added to Shabazz + Boatright (maybe) + Omar Calhoun + DeAndre Daniels + Niels Giffey + Tyler Olander + Enosch Wolf + Phillip Nolan + Leon Tolksdorf

======

Tremendous amounts of depth, experience, and skill. Therefore, I like our chances in the 2013-2014 season even if we don't get XRM or Jabari.

I agree, could be back to a FF type just with current roster and minimal additions.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
The only reason why I see Jabari go to Storrs is if he wants to grow as a basketball player and as a man. He would grow exponentially under Ollie's watch.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Yes, Durant. Who knows, but plausible. He played with both. And we were in his final 2 w/UT if I recall.

Really? I never knew that.

Reaction Score
UConn was in his final three along with UNC. He was going to go to UConn or UNC, but he realized he was only going to be a partial qualifier, so he had to go to Texas.
we came that close to landing kd?!!! :eek:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Not sure how much I believe, but heard a story at a party that both 'Bron and KD are telling kids to talk to Kevin, that he is a stud teacher of the game and NBA.

Now that would be some kind of connection...like WWW, but without the slimeball. Well, wait and see, but that raises intriguing possibilities.

Reaction Score
Supposedly Durant told UConn he was committing to them when he finished his visit. Someone very close to the program confirmed that to me.

From what I remember, Durant said something to that effect and then played on one of the under-something USA teams and then came back and suddenly committed to UT.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
If Durant came to Storrs, he would have put on 30lbs and would have been better than LeBron.

Reaction Score
we came that close to landing kd?!!! :eek:

Ty Lawson too. He was teammates with Durant at Oak Hill. Both had UConn and UNC atop their lists. The actual story with KD is that Durant was going to commit to UNC but Roy Williams only had 1 scholarship left. He pulled the scholarship from Durant and offered it to Brandon Wright, who committed.

Reaction Score

If thats true i will take back all the bad things i ever said about Lebron. Looking back on it now, "The Decision" wasnt all that bad...right?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
If thats true i will take back all the bad things i ever said about Lebron. Looking back on it now, "The Decision" wasnt all that bad...right?

After all, he did go to Greenwich to announce his decision. It kinda shows that he likes the state of CT sorta maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom