J.B. Grimes has Resigned | Page 5 | The Boneyard

J.B. Grimes has Resigned

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Better believe it. Why stick around this self imposed schnit show. No leadership. No commitment. Petty Power squabbles. Constant turnover, A fan base collapsing. A favorite son HC with not accountability destroying a national basketball power legacy. .

And yet you're still posting on the fan board of said "schnit" show.

Reaction Score
Damn this program just can't get a break. I'm flashing back to RE 1. Stubborn, autocratic, and disinterested in doing anything but what RE wants. It's pretty darn clear RE drove these guys out. Kept the worst DC in America but managed to drive out the two most high impact coaches. Frankly, I'm not interested in riding anyone's train or trusting anybody anymore. Shut up and put up or get the hell out. Sick of this garbage.

Use some common sense. It really helps when your mind in numb. People leave for a few reasons - more money, better opportunity, or dissatisfaction. Few people randomly walk out for lateral move one year after moving a 1,000 miles and buying a house. All UConn had to do is put more $$ in front of his face and a chance to be successful. Same goes with Grimes.

I'm confused. Are you saying RE pushed them out?? Or are you saying Lashlee and Grimes left for more money??

Reaction Score
Okay. 9 weeks or so.

I don't know about DO's coaching aspirations ... but being a backup QB in the NFL for as long as he was makes him a pretty good source for all things related to the QB position and offensive game planning. I'm pretty sure the Rams didn't bring him in to "be" a mentor ... they brought him because they thought he already was a pretty good one.

Reaction Score
When Lashlee left one had to expect Grimes to leave as well. Now that he has at least we don't have to speculate and hopefully we can get someone that helps our recruiting as well as coach o line. As for Dunn taking on the o line I can't see how not spending the majority of practice working with the skill positions helps develop our offense. The o line needs someone who isn't calling the plays and can focus on them. Dan O would be a huge asset but there does not appear to be room other than the GA type position.

Reaction Score
@whaler11 I’d LOVE to see DO do UConn football on the radio as part of a new radio team...get a good young play-by-play guy..even DO if he so chooses (just think he would be much better as color commentator guy breaking down game)...relegate Joe D to 1 sport ...let Norman be 3rd man if he wants

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
@whaler11 I’d LOVE to see DO do UConn football on the radio as part of a new radio team...get a good young play-by-play guy..even DO if he so chooses (just think he would be much better as color commentator guy breaking down game)...relegate Joe D to 1 sport ...let Norman be 3rd man if he wants

Speaking of radio, when are we getting a radio show for this site? Whaler and Serrano should have a 1 hour radio show two hours after the games. I don't enjoy stroking their egos, but whaler is a dead ringer for playing the francesa role around here and serrano is obviously joe benigno. Regular guests would be Confident Carl, Huskymedic, bizlawyer, etc etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaking of radio, when are we getting a radio show for this site? Whaler and Serrano should have a 1 hour radio show two hours after the games. I don't enjoy stroking their egos, but whaler is a dead ringer for playing the francesa role around here and serrano is obviously joe benigno. Regular guests would be Confident Carl, Huskeymedic, bizlawyer, etc etc.

I'm sure I would be disappointed at the disconnect between what I think their voices should sound like and what they actually sound like.

This is a 3:14 clip but worth the time to watch.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Speaking of radio, when are we getting a radio show for this site? Whaler and Serrano should have a 1 hour radio show two hours after the games. I don't enjoy stroking their egos, but whaler is a dead ringer for playing the francesa role around here and serrano is obviously joe benigno. Regular guests would be Confident Carl, Huskeymedic, bizlawyer, etc etc.

I had a sports talk radio show in college. I spent way too much time getting guests but was fun. I saw an old tape of an interview with Chris Hoiles in the basement the other day.

I’m pretty sure Skip Holtz called me one day to tell me I was an idiot without using his name. He probably wasn’t wrong. I was killing them for getting beat up by Nicholls and Troy St at home.

I have a friend who constantly pushes me to start a UConn-centric podcast but I’m lazy.

I imagine it would be pretty good, but I can’t see more than 50 people listening.

Reaction Score
And yet you're still posting on the fan board of said "schnit" show.
Referring to AD Dave and it is a schnit show. I'd like to see it fixed as opposed to what's been allowed to happen, then rinse and repeat.

Reaction Score
UConn offensive line coach JB Grimes returning to Auburn

“I’m really excited about the opportunity to get back to the Plains,” Grimes said in a release. “I’ve always loved Auburn and have always loved the people at Auburn. They are my type of people. Auburn people love the game of football and know what it takes to win..."

Should I, Connecticut born and bred, feel insulted?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I've been talking about this for like years to UCYamsMD. I basically created a whole line up in my head...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

“I’m really excited about the opportunity to get back to the Plains,” Grimes said in a release. “I’ve always loved Auburn and have always loved the people at Auburn. They are my type of people. Auburn people love the game of football and know what it takes to win..."

Never!

aubiemugshot1.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I had a sports talk radio show in college. I spent way too much time getting guests but was fun. I saw an old tape of an interview with Chris Hoiles in the basement the other day.

I’m pretty sure Skip Holtz called me one day to tell me I was an idiot without using his name. He probably wasn’t wrong. I was killing them for getting beat up by Nicholls and Troy St at home.

I have a friend who constantly pushes me to start a UConn-centric podcast but I’m lazy.

I imagine it would be pretty good, but I can’t see more than 50 people listening.
You need to get one of those college tapes up on You Tube ASAP. We need to see exactly what kind of arrogant brat you were back then.

As for today, I think you could get a solid 60 listeners - maybe a 100. But who cares about that, this forum is ripe with topics, so just get on the horn and rip into it for yourself. One idea for the show, when the tempo slows you can dive into these threads and commentate. A run down of the game thread might be fun stuff too.

Sounds like young phil is ready to be your radio engineer. Let him geek out with the technical stuff.

Reaction Score

He really had nothing positive to say about his time at UConn. I suspect he and Lashlee came as a favor to AD Dave with the knowledge that they would scoot at the first opportunity.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'd absolutely tune in for a @whaler11 show, especially when he hosts @Confident Carl. Those two together would be pure entertainment.

I'd love for the Vikings and Jags to make the SB and hear the two of them go at it when CC says it's a great day for the AAC when two former (not really) QBs are facing each other.

Seriously, get this started!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom