J.B. Grimes has Resigned | Page 6 | The Boneyard

J.B. Grimes has Resigned

Reaction Score
He really had nothing positive to say about his time at UConn. I suspect he and Lashlee came as a favor to AD Dave with the knowledge that they would scoot at the first opportunity.
He didn't say anything about UConn in that article. I'd even bet those comments of his about Auburn came from a Auburn press release about his hiring. He had a good run there in the past and was offered a chance to go back and be close to his family...I thought he did a really good job, and hopefully RE brings in another good OL coach.

Reaction Score
He didn't say anything about UConn in that article. I'd even bet those comments of his about Auburn came from a Auburn press release about his hiring. He had a good run there in the past and was offered a chance to go back and be close to his family...I thought he did a really good job, and hopefully RE brings in another good OL coach.

True dat:

Reaction Score
UConn offensive line coach JB Grimes returning to Auburn

“I’m really excited about the opportunity to get back to the Plains,” Grimes said in a release. “I’ve always loved Auburn and have always loved the people at Auburn. They are my type of people. Auburn people love the game of football and know what it takes to win..."

Should I, Connecticut born and bred, feel insulted?

It depends on how you hear what is said....I'm not big on his comments. He had nothing positive on his time here and goes on to explain, we are not his type of people, we do not love the game or know what it takes to win. ;) I wish him well but not a classy exit. Don't want anybody, player or coach that does not want to be here.

Reaction Score
All over Twitter...not savvy enough to embed while on my phone. Not worried about finding another o line coach, but this turnover is strange and makes me wonder about staff culture...a guy just resigns with no other immediate landing spot?

He replaced the O-line coach at Auburn who resigned to become O-line coach and OC at Texas.

Reaction Score
Disappointed, but if his heart isn't here then I wish him the best. Also I hope Whaler gets his sports talk show.

Reaction Score
Putting Randy Edsell and Nick Saban in the same sentence is like Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter,please
Smh
No one is comparing the two. It’s all relative. Was merely pointing out that specific traits can yield success across many levels.
How come people are such simple thinkers these days?
Geez

Reaction Score
I call BS. Better recruiting skills... unf'ing believable. This is all about Randy pushing out the two best coaches the program has seen in ages. He keeps his dolt DC from Nova who wouldn't know what an SEC level program looked unless he turned on his TV and who stunk up the joint to historic levels. He drives out two SEC quality coaches actually making a positive impact. Just friggin UConn to a tee. If there is a bad decision to be made with no instinct for the future, we'll make it. They should have canned Betty Crocker, upped Lashlee's pay and kept grimes happy, and AD Dave should have been in Randy's office telling him to keep his damn paws off the Offense or he can walk. PS - I guarantee the next shoe to drop is Benedict. We are a half-assed, backwards moving program with no leadership from above. You've got KO crashing and burning. The whole thing is a giant shnitpile and Herbst better start taking a look at what's unfolding around her. It's not pretty.

GD, I'm so sick of this crap. The bad decisions. The short sightedness. The egos. The pennywise pound foolishness. I'm really starting to believe UConn is precisely where it wants to be. Just about had it.
Or perhaps Lashlee and Grimes never intended to stay long? Why does it have to be that RE pushed them out?

R E L A X

-The Goat

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You need to get one of those college tapes up on You Tube ASAP. We need to see exactly what kind of arrogant brat you were back then.

As for today, I think you could get a solid 60 listeners - maybe a 100. But who cares about that, this forum is ripe with topics, so just get on the horn and rip into it for yourself. One idea for the show, when the tempo slows you can dive into these threads and commentate. A run down of the game thread might be fun stuff too.

Sounds like young phil is ready to be your radio engineer. Let him geek out with the technical stuff.

I have a podcast "studio" practically ready to go but my location likely isn't ideal. Wanted to be able to skype people in and add some audio/video transitions with OBS. Learned a lot but never got beyond a YouTube test. I think it would take a few committed people to make something decent out of it and people tend to get busy but I'd be willing to chip in.

Reaction Score
Yes, this sucks, but in Edsall I trust... He's got somebody in mind already I'm sure... There's quite a few guys available now with all the coaching changes that have gone on over the last 30 days or so....

Got up to do some early morning work and saw a good possibility to replace Grimes.

Rich Rod recently hired Garin Justice from Florida Atlantic but Kevin Sumlin had someone else in mind so he was just let go like yesterday. Randy should reach out. Read his Bio below. He's conditioned lineman for uptempo, helped turn around a really bad losing program at Concord. Coached at WVA and FSU. He played O line at WVA. Second link below says Lane Kiffin hasn't hired a replacement yet and may want him back. Hope he interviews here.

Garin was only making 100K per year at FAU
The Coach he replaced at Arizona was making 300K
UCONN was paying Grimes 250K
Financial this may be a fit.

Watch the video, seems like he would be perfect for UCONN!

FAUSPORTS.COM Garin Justice Bio :: Florida Atlantic University Official Athletic Site Florida Atlantic University Official Athletic Site - Football

Report: Garin Justice not expected to be retained by Arizona, Kevin Sumlin

Arizona hires FAU’s Garin Justice as new o-line coach

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Whaler on the right, Confident Carl on the left

That was bizzaro. A ton of hidden jokes that probably only the long time listener could appreciate.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn offensive line coach JB Grimes returning to Auburn

“I’m really excited about the opportunity to get back to the Plains,” Grimes said in a release. “I’ve always loved Auburn and have always loved the people at Auburn. They are my type of people. Auburn people love the game of football and know what it takes to win..."

Not unless you wish you were from eastern Alabama.

Reaction Score
I’ll guarantee that Grimes said virtually none of that other than maybe, maybe, I’m really excited to get back to the Plains. The rest was put in his mouth by an Auburn SID guy. As for oline coaches I really don’t worry at all about that. That was and is an Edsall thing. Grimes was available and likely reached out to ADDave when he was job hunting. That is sort of the way it goes in coaching circles.

Reaction Score

He really had nothing positive to say about his time at UConn. I suspect he and Lashlee came as a favor to AD Dave with the knowledge that they would scoot at the first opportunity.

Where did he say anything negative though? He had good things to say about his new job, a place where he connects, which is a wise thing. We don't need affirmation of our direction from others (maybe some do) If someone does say something nice, great, carry on. Good grief, we definitely don't need to be insulted by reading into the multi faceted levels of an OL coaches acceptance statement.

Reaction Score
No wonder the offense always sucks and the top talent in the state won't come here. There's been a coaching merry-go-round for a decade now. No continuity. The offensive line won't improve because every year they have a new coach, new techniques, new schemes to have to work through before they ever take the field. Grimes is right. The culture for winning football up here sucks. If management isn't consistent how do you expect the worker bees to be?

Reaction Score
Got up to do some early morning work and saw a good possibility to replace Grimes.

Rich Rod recently hired Garin Justice from Florida Atlantic but Kevin Sumlin had someone else in mind so he was just let go like yesterday. Randy should reach out. Read his Bio below. He's conditioned lineman for uptempo, helped turn around a really bad losing program at Concord. Coached at WVA and FSU. He played O line at WVA. Second link below says Lane Kiffin hasn't hired a replacement yet and may want him back. Hope he interviews here.

Garin was only making 100K per year at FAU
The Coach he replaced at Arizona was making 300K
UCONN was paying Grimes 250K
Financial this may be a fit.

Watch the video, seems like he would be perfect for UCONN!

FAUSPORTS.COM Garin Justice Bio :: Florida Atlantic University Official Athletic Site Florida Atlantic University Official Athletic Site - Football

Report: Garin Justice not expected to be retained by Arizona, Kevin Sumlin

Arizona hires FAU’s Garin Justice as new o-line coach

Another tid bit on this:

What impressed me about this is FAU didn't have great talent and also had some injuries.

SportSourceAnalytics

@SportSourceA

In 2017, @FAU_Football was rated the 7th most efficient offensive line by our CBTN Offensive Line Efficiency Ranking. @GarinJustice did a heck of a job with that offensive line in 2017. Whoever lands him is going to be getting a good coach.
7:13 PM · Jan 17, 2018

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
No wonder the offense always sucks and the top talent in the state won't come here. There's been a coaching merry-go-round for a decade now. No continuity. The offensive line won't improve because every year they have a new coach, new techniques, new schemes to have to work through before they ever take the field. Grimes is right. The culture for winning football up here sucks. If management isn't consistent how do you expect the worker bees to be?
Yeah that’s the problem.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Is that why he was such a success in Maryland?

you do realize that he had half of his staff forced on him by the AD right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom