It's come down to this for the Lady Vols | The Boneyard

It's come down to this for the Lady Vols

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
"God, there's a lot going on...
And the players don't understand it....they don't, they don't know what it is...

I don't have any more words to say (covers head with orange blanket)
When someone can figure it out
Tip me in......

I'm a Lady Vol fan for life..."

Margo on last night's debacle

It Shouldn't have been permitted to come down to this.
Not good for the game

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"God, there's a lot going on...
And the players don't understand it....they don't, they don't know what it is...

I don't have any more words to say (covers head with orange blanket)
When someone can figure it out
Tip me in.

I'm a Lady Vol fan for life..."

Margo on last night's debacle

It Shouldn't have been permitted to come down to this.
Not good for the game
Are you freaking kidding me? This is the best thing to have ever happened in WBB. Ever.

Reaction Score
Strange thing is I think they played better in these last two loses than they played in most of their wins.... that I saw. They have some talent, they just need some guidance on how to use it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here's the thing - my $.02...

Not sure Tennessee's woes have anything really to do with Karma, but as a UCONN fan, who hates Tennessee more than any other team out there (including MCBB, MLB, NFL, NCAAF, MLS, etc), it's awesome to see. But I wanted to address 2 things.

First, the point with the board being obsessed with Tennessee... I doubt we'd have quite as many posts if it were ND in free fall and the exact same thing happened to them as is happening to Tennessee. BUT... it would be something that was discussed a LOT. Additionally, there is no team out there who had their former HC as well as their administration and league try to take UCONN down. Without rehashing the entire debacle, to have them send a 39 page complaint complete with quote from Boneyard posters; to make so many accusations that were all thrown out (except for the 2ndary violation of a staffer scheduling an ESPN tour for Maya's family), and then to have the moderator of their forum, a journalist no less, report one of our posters to the FBI for copyright infringement stemming from quoting an article that she thought was on a pay only site (but was not); to have a fan base that still accuses UCONN and Geno of cheating (and worse), causes me to put their entire program and fan base in the farthest place in hell, as far as I'm concerned.

When you have a program that actively tried to take down Geno and UCONN, the people who remember and do not forgive will always have a special kind of hatred towards Tennessee.

Secondly, as for as bad for the game, how on earth can it be? Didn't the UCONN-ND game recently just have the highest viewership in WCBB history for a regular season game? Haven't other compelling teams launched themselves back to the top of the pack (including welcoming Texas and Baylor back to the elite)? Additionally programs like OSU and Maryland are back near the top, recruiting like gangbusters, and that's not even counting the west coast teams like UCLA, Oregon State, USC, ASU, etc etc who are making lots of noise. I would argue the opposite - that it's actually great for the game because so many people have so much interest in the decline of the once great powerhouse. Kind of like if the Yankees were to head towards the toilet. It would be compelling for everyone.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This board. The collective.
borg.jpg

Reaction Score
I know the day will come when UConn is no longer the dreadnaught that it is today...and that will be a sad day...but, speaking for myself, I am taking great delight in the demise of Tennessee. I only wish it could have happened when Summitt was still the coach. It was her petty jealousy of Auriemma and his success that was behind the ridiculous allegations. Over the years a lot of teams came and went...challenging Summitt's supremacy for a couple of years before fading out of sight. I think Summitt thought the same thing would happen with UConn and when it didn't she couldn't handle it.

Reaction Score
I know the day will come when UConn is no longer the dreadnaught that it is today...and that will be a sad day...but, speaking for myself, I am taking great delight in the demise of Tennessee. I only wish it could have happened when Summitt was still the coach. It was her petty jealousy of Auriemma and his success that was behind the ridiculous allegations. Over the years a lot of teams came and went...challenging Summitt's supremacy for a couple of years before fading out of sight. I think Summitt thought the same thing would happen with UConn and when it didn't she couldn't handle it.
This isn't about the cycle of great teams. It's about rude nasty innuendos. a mean spirited coach, spoiled whining, bad social graces, arrogance and hubris, all directed at UConn players (and their families), coaches and fans. Unwarranted false accusations and downright poor sportsmanship.
Totally unforgivable stuff that will last as long as those of us who witnessed and lived through it.

HGN

Reaction Score
Sure we all show interest in the Tennessee situation............On this board and I am sure on other teams boards as well. We want to read about it and see how the fan base is coping. But if this situation was UConn I am sure the Tennessee fan base would be 5 times worse on us. I neither take delight nor glee at the Vols situation , I am just glad its not the Huskies. Many Volfans would totally delight in a Husky demise. Fortunately it is not UConn , and I am hoping that the Huskies have a couple more NC's to win in the next few years.

Sure , the day will come when Geno will retire and the dynasty will be no more. But until that dreadful day we will look South and watch...... "a hand come up out of the water with 3 fingers raised."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
With the talent they have and the way it has been developed they could be a nice sweet sixteen team, and if they caught fire maybe make the elite eight. But ...
With the way the team is coached and what seems a 'troubled dynamic' within the team, they will be lucky to get out of the first weekend, especially if their first two opponents watch a little tape and see them disintegrating every time a team plays zone against them.

Reaction Score
Sure , the day will come when Geno will retire and the dynasty will be no more. But until that dreadful day we will look South and watch. "a hand come up out of the water with 3 fingers raised."
Yes, but that won't make our entire program and fan base deserve the "farthest place in hell" like LV does (at least according to Eric :D )

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
All the things said by posters here is true. All the nasty, foul, contrived lies and innuendo's said by UT during those times are all true. But that was Summitt, a different coach than Holly. Dave Hart wasn't AD during the bad old days. In fact Summitt said Hart forced her out in 2012. And I said, Alzheimer's or not, good riddance. This is a different team and a different time. When these two teams were 1 and 2 the interest in WBB was at its peak. That rivalry changed WBB forever. Would there even be a WNBA without it? I look back on those times with longing and sadness. That kind of intense rivalry exists no where else in WBB and barely in any sport. The rivalry with ND isn't even close. I also believe the same vitriol will be aimed at UCONN, who is seen as the new "Evil Empire", when and if it falters. But more importantly, wouldn't we all like to see the day when UT is #1 or 2 with UCONN and we beat them for the championship again. And again. And again? That is my dream, and it's all for the betterment of the sport. And of course the kind of satisfaction in crushing UT that can't be had any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom