It is official...McCall to Stanford | The Boneyard

It is official...McCall to Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That announcement was the opposite of shocking.

McCall would've been a great get, but honestly, this isn't a loss - 2014 is far more important to UConn.

Reaction Score
McCall apparently took off her jacket to show a UConn shirt, then took the UConn shirt off to show a Stanford shirt

What the He**

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hard to say that missing out on the #9 recruit isn't a loss, although 2014 is important.

Reaction Score
Hard to say that missing out on the #9 recruit isn't a loss, although 2014 is important.
Nah, it's not too hard.

While you never know how good players are going to turn out, UConn has a junior center that will be starting the next two years, two freshmen posts that will demand big minutes the next four years, and a sophomore big who will be a really good backup. McCall would have been a luxury (and a GREAT one - she's a big-time talent), but she was far from a necessity.

Does this pretty much mean Chong is it for 2013?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The least surprising surprise in history. UCLA would have been a surprise. Stanford was expected to be #1 from the start.

Reaction Score
Zach Ewing, a local reporter on the scene just Tweeted it.

Well glad we got that out of the way.Phew I have a list of the top Jucos! Always a chance a decommit due to coaching change at the end of the season.

For 2014! Anyone know if Wilson was at our game last season in SC?

Well we will just have to settle for #1 Wilson 6'4" SC bookend for Stewie for 2 years,
#3 Turner 6'4" TX has visited us once plans on another visit if possible<per Dad> on Feb 18th;) #4 Caldwell 5'7" TX visited us, knows Turner since they were little kids Both know Mo
#8 Ekmark 6'0" AZ*********** commit,#9/15 Sierra Calhoun 6'1" NY yada yada yada

Is that a sick class????????????
Ira

Reaction Score
No surprise here, hard to argue with a Stanford education, especially if you are from California. Good luck Erica!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Stanford. Good luck to her there. UCONN still has more talent than anyone else for the foreseeable future, but a class of 1 following a class of 3 does not set them up very well for 3 and 4 years down the road from a depth perspective. It's disappointing but not surprising. If not UCONN, then I'm glad to see Stanford land her.

Reaction Score
No surprise. UConn's never landed a Cali kid when Stanford was in their final 2-3. Whatever, she wants to be on a team with 17 other players and fight for PT, that's her business.

That said, UConn better bring it in 2014 (as in 2-3 MORE signees) because as of now

...the 2014-15 roster includes 8 players...
Seniors - Banks, Mosqueda-Lewis, Stokes
Juniors - Jefferson, Stewart, Tuck
Sohphomores - Chong
Freshmen - Ekmark

...the 2015-16 roster includes 5 players...
Seniors - Jefferson, Stewart, Tuck
Juniors - Chong
Sophomores - Ekmark

Reaction Score
She actually had on a UConn shirt, on top of a UCLA shirt, on top of the Stanford shirt. I am sure it wasn't mean to be a diss, but it did get quite the reaction.
http://twitter.yfrog.com/5td60kscyylipwlvkeqblznlz

*Video is sideways

Sure it got a reaction out of Geno too. Anytime a player "announces" at a press conference or in a big way, I cringe. Only one I can think of on our current roster is Kiah Stokes. Not a UConn-type player's style to make a big deal. #1 Player in 2012 Stewie announced in an email or text or something.

Reaction Score
Sure it got a reaction out of Geno too. Anytime a player "announces" at a press conference or in a big way, I cringe. Only one I can think of on our current roster is Kiah Stokes. Not a UConn-type player's style to make a big deal. #1 Player in 2012 Stewie announced in an email or text or something.

I agree and I even think Stewie signed her Letter of Intent on the hood of her fathers car in a parking lot if I remember correctly. Good luck to McCall she will be close to home, get a great education, and get beat by 30 everytime she plays UCONN.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I agree and I even think Stewie signed her Letter of Intent on the hood of her fathers car in a parking lot if I remember correctly. Good luck to McCall she will be close to home, get a great education, and get beat by 30 everytime she plays UCONN.
From what I read, she signed it in the parking lot at her dad's work on the hood of her car, cause she had to go in and use his fax to fax it to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Anytime a player "announces" at a press conference or in a big way, I cringe. Only one I can think of on our current roster is Kiah Stokes. Not a UConn-type player's style to make a big deal.

I don't think it's too bad in some situations. In Kiah's case, I got the feel that others around her were probably making it a bigger deal than she was. She was the best player to come out of her state in a long time, so the local media really hyped it up. They were excited for her because a big time prospect in their area is rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom