It is official...McCall to Stanford | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It is official...McCall to Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
IT is all about keeping the roster strong so you don't become a 50s one hit vocal group.

I have no idea what you mean or what you are talking about. Indeed, in what sense is UCONN in the world of "one hit"? In any case, let's make this our last post on this partical exchange, as in my favorite one hit of the late 50's early 560's, "Last Song" by Edward Bear.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In any case, let's make this our last post on this partical exchange, as in my favorite one hit of the late 50's early 560's, "Last Song" by Edward Bear.

One of my favorite composers. A fav of pinot and grizz, too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well just to put some numbers with the arguments.
Hoopgurlz class rankings
2012 - UCONN #1, Duke #7, Stanford #23 (Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck)
2011 - UCONN #2, Duke #4, Stanford #6 (KML, Stokes, Banks)
2010 - Duke #1, UCONN #3, Stanford #4 (Hartley, Dolson, Engeln, Johnson, Walker)
2009 - Stanford #10, Duke #34, UCONN #49 (Faris)
2008 - UCONN #2, Duke #5, Stanford #6 (Hayes, Doty, Buck, EDD)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well just to put some numbers with the arguments.
Hoopgurlz class rankings
2012 - UCONN #1, Duke #7, Stanford #23 (Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck)
2011 - UCONN #2, Duke #4, Stanford #6 (KML, Stokes, Banks)
2010 - Duke #1, UCONN #3, Stanford #4 (Hartley, Dolson, Engeln, Johnson, Walker)
2009 - Stanford #10, Duke #34, UCONN #49 (Faris)
2008 - UCONN #2, Duke #5, Stanford #6 (Hayes, Doty, Buck, EDD)
thanks for pointing it out more clearly than I did earlier. cardfan was offended when i said that if McCall were ONLY looking for a school that could win a NC, or if that was overwhelmingly the primary factor, then it would be a no-brainer and the choice would be UCONN. cardfan seemed to think that because Stanford had made 5 straight final 4's that their chances for a NC were just as good as UCONN's.

the problem is, UCONN's recruiting isn't just better than Stanford's in 2011 and 2012, it's miles better. Now if Stanford were to land Mitchell, Wilson and Turner for 2014, I'd say they'd be the favorites in McCalls senior year, maybe along with UNC.

I'm not sniping that Erika chose Stanford. I even said if it were my daughter, I'd probably have wanted her to go there too. it is a great choice for her and obviously there is much more to a college experience for a WCBB player than JUST winning a NC.

Reaction Score
I would laugh, but since Stanford has 2 more national championships than Duke... well... I'll just take a seat.

That guy in the center of the clip glaring at the fellow sitting down is hysterical. Where do you get your material from? Do you employ a full time staffer to screen this stuff and archive it?

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
It really isn't the rankings it's picking the right kids, anyone know where Forthan is -not at Utah, maybe modeling again.

And of course the coach that knows how to play them!!

Reaction Score
thanks for pointing it out more clearly than I did earlier. cardfan was offended when i said that if McCall were ONLY looking for a school that could win a NC, or if that was overwhelmingly the primary factor, then it would be a no-brainer and the choice would be UCONN. cardfan seemed to think that because Stanford had made 5 straight final 4's that their chances for a NC were just as good as UCONN's.

the problem is, UCONN's recruiting isn't just better than Stanford's in 2011 and 2012, it's miles better. Now if Stanford were to land Mitchell, Wilson and Turner for 2014, I'd say they'd be the favorites in McCalls senior year, maybe along with UNC.

I'm not sniping that Erika chose Stanford. I even said if it were my daughter, I'd probably have wanted her to go there too. it is a great choice for her and obviously there is much more to a college experience for a WCBB player than JUST winning a NC.

I'm not offended Eric, nor did I say Stanford's chances of winning a NC were as great as UConn's simply because we went to 5 straight F4s. I was just pointing what Erika may have thought about choosing Stanford, a great school with a great bball tradition. I doubt Erika, or any competitive student athlete like her, is ready to anoint UConn the winner of the NC this year, or the next 4.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

That guy in the center of the clip glaring at the fellow sitting down is hysterical. Where do you get your material from? Do you employ a full time staffer to screen this stuff and archive it?

Whenever i see a funny pic or gif online anywhere.. i always save it to my hard drive to use in any forums i might post on. Luckily for me, the boneyard makes it simple and easy to post pics :) Much easier than other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom