It’s Official - UConn Football is going to the Myrtle Beach Bowl (Monday 12/19/22 @ 2:30p @ Brooks Stadium) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

It’s Official - UConn Football is going to the Myrtle Beach Bowl (Monday 12/19/22 @ 2:30p @ Brooks Stadium)

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Disappointing but not surprising. I'll be lucky to be able wrangle a WFH day to have the game on in the background, never mind actually going to the game. Hard to gin up interest when game day/time is about as bad it could be at every level: time of the season, day of the week, and hour. It's as if it was scheduled to maximize disinterest. Who plans this stuff?

Reaction Score
Disappointing but not surprising. I'll be lucky to be able wrangle a WFH day to have the game on in the background, never mind actually going to the game. Hard to gin up interest when game day/time is about as bad it could be at every level: time of the season, day of the week, and hour. It's as if it was scheduled to maximize disinterest. Who plans this stuff?
People that really want to go always find a way. Some people just look for an excuse to not go. A passionate fan base makes plans a year ahead of time. I already have rooms booked for the away games next year. As a fan base, we are not there yet. If someone wants to go to games, they make a budget out and plan their vacation days around the games months ahead of time. The future schedule is there to see. Make the plans ahead of time, they can always be cancelled, but if you wait until the last minute, it is always more costly.

Reaction Score
People that really want to go always find a way. Some people just look for an excuse to not go. A passionate fan base makes plans a year ahead of time. I already have rooms booked for the away games next year. As a fan base, we are not there yet. If someone wants to go to games, they make a budget out and plan their vacation days around the games months ahead of time. The future schedule is there to see. Make the plans ahead of time, they can always be cancelled, but if you wait until the last minute, it is always more costly.
How do you plan a year in advance for a game that could be played anywhere in a 30 day window anywhere across the entire US?

Reaction Score
How do you plan a year in advance for a game that could be played anywhere in a 30 day window anywhere across the entire US?
I agree about the bowl games, especially without being in a conference, but somehow the fan bases that give a crap find a way. Especially planning flights. There were people paying around $600 or $700 for flights because they waited too long to book it. You can always find a hotel, but book the flight quickly.

Reaction Score

I agree about the bowl games, especially without being in a conference, but somehow the fan bases that give a crap find a way. Especially planning flights. There were people paying around $600 or $700 for flights because they waited too long to book it. You can always find a hotel, but book the flight quickly.
You here yet?

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> Jordan Todman, who rushed for 3,179 yards as a Husky between 2008 and 2010, was a guest at practice on Friday, taking in the action and chatting with coach Andy Baylock, who handles alumni relations. Todman, after several NFL seasons, separated his shoulder and retired in 2017, and has been coaching and mentoring since. <-

Reaction Score
I think that there were so many consecutive years of futility that many fans were lost. I think they will come back along with new fans if UConn stays on this trajectory. Winning 5 out of your last 6 after losing 4 out of your first 5 (same old UConn) is a tiny window to expect this mass number of fans to even notice let alone plunk down money and travel to 50 degree Myrtle Beach for a bowl game. It's going to happen. Just have to let it breathe a bit.

Reaction Score
Heck, we’re still trying to win fans back to the Rent for regular season games. Wish we had more than 2.5k at Myrtle Beach but we’re not there as a fanbase yet.

For the fans that ARE there and going, be loud & proud throughout gametime. Some of the best crowds at the Rent this year were the 15-20k crowds that helped UConn win some big games. Represent well!

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Heck, we’re still trying to win fans back to the Rent for regular season games. Wish we had more than 2.5k at Myrtle Beach but we’re not there as a fanbase yet.

For the fans that ARE there and going, be loud & proud throughout gametime. Some of the best crowds at the Rent this year were the 15-20k crowds that helped UConn win some big games. Represent well!
No worries. We will leave our voices in Myrtle.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Um...you don't, because you can't. My tailgate buddy and I made a pact after the 5th win, that if we went bowling, we were all in. No matter the destination.
7 years ago, I wasn't in a position to do it. But, thank God, I'm in a place where I could put my money where my mouth was.
Thankful to be heading down tomorrow night and getting to the bowl game that I always dreamt of. A bowl game that I'LL BE AT.
. Was it the Myrtle Beach bowl? No. But it doesn't matter. Especially given these last 6 (yeah, more than that) seasons. This is a Christmas gift from Jim Mora and the Huskies. And I'll be unwrapping it in Myrtle.
If and when you can make it happen, you make it happen. Gotta commit, then follow through. If you can come up with some way to give advance notice before teams become (or don't become) bowl eligible, spill the beans, Dude.

Reaction Score
Um...you don't, because you can't. My tailgate buddy and I made a pact after the 5th win, that if we went bowling, we were all in. No matter the destination.
7 years ago, I wasn't in a position to do it. But, thank God, I'm in a place where I could put my money where my mouth was.
Thankful to be heading down tomorrow night and getting to the bowl game that I always dreamt of. A bowl game that I'LL BE AT.
. Was it the Myrtle Beach bowl? No. But it doesn't matter. Especially given these last 6 (yeah, more than that) seasons. This is a Christmas gift from Jim Mora and the Huskies. And I'll be unwrapping it in Myrtle.
If and when you can make it happen, you make it happen. Gotta commit, then follow through. If you can come up with some way to give advance notice before teams become (or don't become) bowl eligible, spill the beans, Dude.
Did you miss the context of the message I was replying to? Seems like you totally missed the point.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Did you miss the context of the message I was replying to? Seems like you totally missed the point.
Yup, I sure did. Sorry....the Miller Brewing Company is directly responsible for me reading your post as a question, not a reply. I scrolled further up.
My bad. Seemed like a good soap box at the time. I'll save the rest of my hot air for Myrtle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom