It’s Official - UConn Football is going to the Myrtle Beach Bowl (Monday 12/19/22 @ 2:30p @ Brooks Stadium) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

It’s Official - UConn Football is going to the Myrtle Beach Bowl (Monday 12/19/22 @ 2:30p @ Brooks Stadium)

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Road trip? I think there are less obstacles for college students on break. Most don’t have jobs to go back to during winter break. What else are they gonna do?
Pfft. In a bygone era, 3 UConn classmates and I drove from Storrs to NYC to pick up a car from an agency back then that was promoting cars to drive to FL for free. It was for car owners who didn't want to drive to FL and other places. This was during spring break so, granted, there was a different motivation involved than a football game, but close enough I think to make a point.

The point is, we thought nothing of driving straight through to Daytona which took around 20 hours as I recall. That included an unexpected, 2 hour "layover" compliments of the Maryland state police and a local judge which cost us $150 which was a lot of money back then for us college age kids. In fact, we had to donate blood at a FL blood bank at $15/pint to have enough gas money to get back to CT.

As a side note, it was an ugly mustard color AMC Matador with NY plates that we picked up in NYC which was probably one of the reasons the MD state police pulled us over that night. Well, in addition to slightly exceeding the posted speed limit. In all fairness, we were behind schedule due to the fact one us had been the victim of a flimflam man in NYC. He was relieved of all his cash for the trip and, sadly, we had buy him a bus ticket back to CT. Good times.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Pfft. In a bygone era, 3 UConn classmates and I drove from Storrs to NYC to pick up a car from an agency back then that was promoting cars to drive to FL for free. It was for car owners who didn't want to drive to FL and other places. This was during spring break so, granted, there was a different motivation involved than a football game, but close enough I think to make a point.

The point is, we thought nothing of driving straight through to Daytona which took around 20 hours as I recall. That included an unexpected, 2 hour "layover" compliments of the Maryland state police and a local judge which cost us $150 which was a lot of money back then for us college age kids. In fact, we had to donate blood at a FL blood bank at $15/pint to have enough gas money to get back to CT.

As a side note, it was an ugly mustard color AMC Matador with NY plates that we picked up in NYC which was probably one of the reasons the MD state police pulled us over that night. Well, in addition to slightly exceeding the posted speed limit. In all fairness, we were behind schedule due to the fact one us had been the victim of a flimflam man in NYC. He was relieved of all his cash for the trip and, sadly, we had buy him a bus ticket back to CT. Good times.
You gotta write a screenplay. This is how The Hangover started.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Road trip? I think there are less obstacles for college students on break. Most don’t have jobs to go back to during winter break. What else are they gonna do?
If I was in college I'd definitely drive down with a group of friends and stay in a room. Can't be hard to find a cheap room somewhere around there to split between us. Not looking for something super nice since we'd be college kids and requirements are not high! Like someone said, it's winter break and it's early enough that many might not have started any job for winter break. We drove down to Myrtle Beach during Spring Break. Stop at South of the Border because you have to. Play a bunch of mini golf. Get a lot of beverages. Go to a game for free from donated tickets. I'd sign up for this in a heartbeat if I was still in college.

Reaction Score
I’m case anyone missed it - they will also be @ the Pep Rally on Sunday ^^^

The most loyal fans of the team are going. Great to hear. They deserve a nice road trip to a warmer climate during winter break. I hope those students get to enjoy some of the local sites to see. At the end of the Liberty game the band sang the words to the UConn fight song as all the players and most of the fans were out on the field. It was awesome. GO Band!!

Reaction Score

I did the car delivery thing too with two other guys, during semester break. Dropped off the guy's car in Ft Lauderdale then took a bus out to Key West. Hitched back to CT.

Reaction Score
More updates:

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17

UConn Men’s Basketball vs. Butler Game Watch

7 p.m. | Calli Bakers Firehouse Bar & Grill

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18

Myrtle Beach Bowl Pep Rally

4 p.m. | The Hangout
  • Performances from UConn Band & Cheer
  • Hear from Head Coach Jim Mora
  • Food and drink specials from 2-8 p.m.
  • Buses will run from the UConn hotel to The Hangout
UConn Fan Welcome Gathering
6-7 p.m. | Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
  • Gather with fellow fans and receive one ticket for a free drink

MONDAY, DECEMBER 19

Team Send-Off
11 a.m. | Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort– West Lawn
  • Cheer on the team as they depart for the game

Pregame Tailgate

12-2 p.m. | Patterson Field
  • Get ready for gameday with fellow Husky fans
  • BBQ, drinks, music & fun

Fan Fest

1 p.m. | Brooks Stadium

UConn vs. Marshall

2:30 p.m. | Brooks Stadium
Updated…

Reaction Score
We're 5 days away now. Anyone have any word on how ticket sales are going?

Reaction Score
We're 5 days away now. Anyone have any word on how ticket sales are going?
Still plenty of sites availble on the site, but again, have to imagine this does not include any of the tickets fans purchased to donate. Would think people actually purchasing for themselves get first dibs on tickets over the donated tickets so those are probably factored in at the end.
1671043831581.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom