It’s Official - UConn Football is going to the Myrtle Beach Bowl (Monday 12/19/22 @ 2:30p @ Brooks Stadium) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

It’s Official - UConn Football is going to the Myrtle Beach Bowl (Monday 12/19/22 @ 2:30p @ Brooks Stadium)

Reaction Score
I'm going to say it because I'm not the only one thinking it -- if HCVV had done that, we'd be mocking it as relentlessly as we did his "rivalry" game with UCF.

You are just jealous you didn’t get a shirt ;)

“It seemed really silly,” Mora said. “But it helped us kind of focus, when we come through a heck of a tough gantlet there the first five weeks. It just made sense, I don’t know how I thought of it. We were just flying home and I was thinking, ‘gosh, how do we re-set this thing after what we just went through?’

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I wonder if UConn is getting credit off the tickets bought by those like me that created a new account after using the link recoeved in the email.
I found it strange that this was the case as well.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I recommend just biting the bullet and Uber back and forth to Tweed. It'll be cheaper in the long run.
There is a parking garage on State Street in New Haven with a shuttle to/from Tweed. It's 10 bucks a day, but you have to go online and reserve the shuttle. When I flew on Thanksgiving, the shuttle started at 10 o'clock, and my flight was at 9:15.
Tweed has 3 lots, A (closest), B (next closest...few minutes walk at most) and C lot, which is a 5-minute walk, or you can wait for the shuttle that constantly circles around to all lots. I dropped off the Mrs. and walked 5 minutes to the terminal on the flight out, but it was pouring and windy when we got back, so I took the shuttle back to the C lot. The A lot is $25/day, the B lot is $20/day, and the C lot is $15/day. The A and B lots are usually full, so just about everybody (unless you're really early and really lucky) parks in C lot, which is huge. You can just enter your mobile number in the toll machine when you go in, and there is a kiosk in the arrivals building where you can pay by entering your mobile number and swiping your card. You get a printed receipt that is then scanned on your way out of the lot.
You can get information on the current number of spaces, as well as reserve the shuttle from the parking garage on State Street at their web site at www.parkhvn.com

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I'm going to say it because I'm not the only one thinking it -- if HCVV had done that, we'd be mocking it as relentlessly as we did his "rivalry" game with UCF.
I can wholeheartedly admit that I would have mocked red pants hard if this was his thing, but the difference is he was just plain crazy, and Mora knows what he's doing. Also, with the former, his plan likely wouldn't have worked anyway. And the fact that it apparently worked means something.

Reaction Score
You can't Uber direct to Tweed... you can only shuttle, taxi or Lyft.
I've never been there, but, looking at it on Google, it looks like one could get dropped off or picked up by Uber on Burr Street, which can't be more than a 1-minute walk to the airport entrance. Anyone know if this is in fact the case?

Reaction Score
We flew out on Thanksgiving and check-in took 3 minutes. Maybe they have sped it up.

Hope so - probably growing pains. Glad it is better. This was back in May when it was a disaster.

Reaction Score
I've never been there, but, looking at it on Google, it looks like one could get dropped off or picked up by Uber on Burr Street, which can't be more than a 1-minute walk to the airport entrance. Anyone know if this is in fact the case?

You can - you just have to make sure you put that in as an address - when you put in Tweed it just shows no Ubers available. It doesn't tell you why.

Reaction Score
Went through the seating chart on the ticket site and these are the seats bought thus far on the UConn side of the stadium (green seats are the ones still available):

seats bought- Dec 8.jpg

Reaction Score
Went through the seating chart on the ticket site and these are the seats bought thus far on the UConn side of the stadium (green seats are the ones still available):

View attachment 81672
This is disappointing, even with a lot of people generously donating tix. At $30/pop for a lot of seats they're not even that unreasonable. However, you cannot force people to spend their hard-earned money. It is what it is I suppose!

EDIT: I will admit this probably does not include donations, so I imagine this will look a lot better when that's taken into account.

Reaction Score

View attachment 81672
That looks totally different than when I bought seats on Sunday night….the site had almost no seats available in the 100 level sections on Sunday night on our side so I bought seats in 202. Now it looks like there are many seats available down below….??

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

View attachment 81672
Is the entirety of the stands on that side our allotment? I'm guessing the entirely unsold sections on the second level far left & far right aren't our responsibility.

I was expecting better (and hoping a lot better) but there still is time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom