It’s Official - UConn Football is going to the Myrtle Beach Bowl (Monday 12/19/22 @ 2:30p @ Brooks Stadium) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

It’s Official - UConn Football is going to the Myrtle Beach Bowl (Monday 12/19/22 @ 2:30p @ Brooks Stadium)

Reaction Score
Went through the seating chart on the ticket site and these are the seats bought thus far on the UConn side of the stadium (green seats are the ones still available):

View attachment 81672
I dont see how or why this would include the number of tickets which were purchased and donated by fans. So I dont think the "unsold" tickets from UConns allotment is all that bad

Reaction Score
That looks totally different than when I bought seats on Sunday night….the site had almost no seats available in the 100 level sections on Sunday night on our side so I bought seats in 202. Now it looks like there are many seats available down below….??
This happened to me too. I bought them within an hour and the best I could do was 203. Pretty disappointed that better seats came up later!

Reaction Score
This happened to me too. I bought them within an hour and the best I could do was 203. Pretty disappointed that better seats came up later!
Same thing happen to me.

Reaction Score
Basically $600 for airfare at this point. Becoming an expensive proposition for a Monday afternoon game.
That was my story. $700 for one plane ticket. Just wasn't worth it, especially on a Monday and six days until Christmas.

If the donated seats aren't reflected in the chart above, we've done well. If they are, then we've failed.

Reaction Score
That was my story. $700 for one plane ticket. Just wasn't worth it, especially on a Monday and six days until Christmas.

If the donated seats aren't reflected in the chart above, we've done well. If they are, then we've failed.

I bought mine - used mostly flight credits. Booked the room/car/etc - bought 2 tickets. Then my son found out he could be home since MSU didn't make a bowl and he wants to go. Booked his flights yesterday - $600 RT out of Newark and I couldn't even get him on my United flight on Sunday - was sold out other than for a $1500 first class seat. So he is on Spirit.

The only people that should feel bad are the people that went through the process to commit to tickets and didn't buy any.

Reaction Score
This is disappointing, even with a lot of people generously donating tix. At $30/pop for a lot of seats they're not even that unreasonable. However, you cannot force people to spend their hard-earned money. It is what it is I suppose!

EDIT: I will admit this probably does not include donations, so I imagine this will look a lot better when that's taken into account.
I really don't understand this. Logged on to the Bowl website last night to buy tickets ... nothing available in the lower level, only very limited seats up top. Got two about 15 rows back at the 50. This seems like a huge cluster.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I really don't understand this. Logged on to the Bowl website last night to buy tickets ... nothing available in the lower level, only very limited seats up top. Got two about 15 rows back at the 50. This seems like a huge cluster.
I think the lower bowl is only available via the email sent out by the Athletic department. Not sure if everyone got that or just folks who had committed to buying tickets

Reaction Score

Did you use the link I provided you yesterday afternoon? I still see seats in the lower bowl btwn the 40’s.

Reaction Score
I think the lower bowl is only available via the email sent out by the Athletic department. Not sure if everyone got that or just folks who had committed to buying tickets
I committed and received the email from the athletic departmen. Using that link on Sunday got me section 203.

Reaction Score
Did you use the link I provided you yesterday afternoon? I still see seats in the lower bowl btwn the 40’s.
I committed to buying bowl tickets and also put a deposit down on four season tickets, but still didn't receive the email with the link. Instead, I went to the Uconn Bowl game website and just clicked through to the official bowl game website, where I purchased my two bowl tix (from a very limited selection).

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why the 200 level seats are more expensive than 100 level?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why the 200 level seats are more expensive than 100 level?
I could be wrong, but think at least some of the 200 level seats are chairback, while 100 level seats are bleacher type.

Reaction Score
I will wait to judge our turnout for a few more days. I am going with 3 others and we are committed. We also have 6 others from our normal group who are still trying to figure out logistics. Maybe others are in our situation and things will get better by early next week.

Reaction Score
I bought mine - used mostly flight credits. Booked the room/car/etc - bought 2 tickets. Then my son found out he could be home since MSU didn't make a bowl and he wants to go. Booked his flights yesterday - $600 RT out of Newark and I couldn't even get him on my United flight on Sunday - was sold out other than for a $1500 first class seat. So he is on Spirit.

The only people that should feel bad are the people that went through the process to commit to tickets and didn't buy any.
I’d have gone under most circumstances but we have a wedding Saturday and lots of family in town for it. Running out on them Sunday afternoon to catch a plane was bad enough, but the $700 tickets and the fact we aren’t ready for Christmas weighed on us too. We’d only be there two nights. I feel bad because I really want us to have a presence at this game, but it is a tough sell for a lot of people just before Christmas, especially on a Monday.

Reaction Score
Updated from the UConn Myrtle Beach Bowl site

EVENTS

Saturday, Dec. 17

UConn MBB vs. Butler Game Watch
7:00 p.m. | TBA

Sunday, Dec. 18

Myrtle Beach Bowl Pep Rally
4:00 p.m. | The Hangout

Monday, Dec. 19

UConn Alumni Tailgate
12:00 p.m. | Brooks Stadium
Fan Fest
1:00 p.m. | Brooks Stadium
UConn vs. Marshall
2:30 p.m. | Brooks Stadium

More updates:

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17

UConn Men’s Basketball vs. Butler Game Watch

7 p.m. | Calli Bakers Firehouse Bar & Grill

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18

4 p.m. | The Hangout
  • Performances from UConn Band & Cheer
  • Hear from Head Coach Jim Mora
  • Food and drink specials from 2-8 p.m.
  • Buses will run from the UConn hotel to The Hangout
UConn Fan Welcome Gathering
6-7 p.m. | Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
  • Gather with fellow fans and receive one ticket for a free drink

MONDAY, DECEMBER 19

Team Send-Off
11 a.m. | Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort– West Lawn
  • Cheer on the team as they depart for the game

Pregame Tailgate

12-2 p.m. | Patterson Field
  • Get ready for gameday with fellow Husky fans
  • BBQ, drinks, music & fun

Fan Fest

1 p.m. | Brooks Stadium

UConn vs. Marshall

Reaction Score
How are the bulk of students getting down there? A lot of donated tickets go to them, but getting down to South Carolina is another financial & logistical matter for them entirely (transportation, lodging, food, etc). With the importance of the representation of fans being emphasized by UConn, it would be helpful to have an inexpensive means of travel set up for them. It's a long bus ride, but they can do it.

Reaction Score
Latest odds (from ESPN):

Marshall-UConn-line Dec10.jpg

Reaction Score
More updates:

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17

UConn Men’s Basketball vs. Butler Game Watch

7 p.m. | Calli Bakers Firehouse Bar & Grill

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18

4 p.m. | The Hangout
  • Performances from UConn Band & Cheer
  • Hear from Head Coach Jim Mora
  • Food and drink specials from 2-8 p.m.
  • Buses will run from the UConn hotel to The Hangout
UConn Fan Welcome Gathering
6-7 p.m. | Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
  • Gather with fellow fans and receive one ticket for a free drink

MONDAY, DECEMBER 19

Team Send-Off
11 a.m. | Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort– West Lawn
  • Cheer on the team as they depart for the game

Pregame Tailgate

12-2 p.m. | Patterson Field
  • Get ready for gameday with fellow Husky fans
  • BBQ, drinks, music & fun

Fan Fest

1 p.m. | Brooks Stadium

UConn vs. Marshall

Where is Patterson Field, in relation to the Stadium? I can't find it on a map of the area.

Reaction Score
Where is Patterson Field, in relation to the Stadium? I can't find it on a map of the area.
“Patterson Field (adjacent to the stadium)
965 One Landon Loop
Conway, SC 29526
Directions

Reaction Score
Two things. First the UConn Tail Gate (link to register)

Maybe it's been mentioned elsewhere, but if it hasn't, there's a UConn sponsored Tail Gate at the soccer field (Patterson Field) across the street from the football field from Noon to 2 PM. Cost is $25 per person for barbeque and other food and beer and wine. Not sure the beer and wine is included but it sounded like it. No matter, we're in. I'll be wearing my Chief mask for those who want to say hello.

Ticket Availability:
Also, I just checked ticket availability both from the UConn link (which shows seats only on the East side, apparently the UConn side) and the Myrtle Beach Bowl website (shows all tickets available) and there appear to be fewer tickets available on the UConn side. That would mean more UConn fans and that would be great, but there's still lots of seats available.

For the geographically challenged, the sunny side is the East side because it's an afternoon game and the sun sets in the West.....:rolleyes:

So, with a Sunday night low predicted to be 34 and the high on Monday predicted to be 51, with partly cloudy skies and light and variable winds, it should be great football weather.

We're in 205 (chairbacks) on about the 50 yard line.

Reaction Score
How are the bulk of students getting down there? A lot of donated tickets go to them, but getting down to South Carolina is another financial & logistical matter for them entirely (transportation, lodging, food, etc). With the importance of the representation of fans being emphasized by UConn, it would be helpful to have an inexpensive means of travel set up for them. It's a long bus ride, but they can do it.
Road trip? I think there are less obstacles for college students on break. Most don’t have jobs to go back to during winter break. What else are they gonna do?

Reaction Score
Road trip? I think there are less obstacles for college students on break. Most don’t have jobs to go back to during winter break. What else are they gonna do?
Aren’t these the same students who won’t make the 25 trip to East Hartford?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom