It’s Official - UConn Football is going to the Myrtle Beach Bowl (Monday 12/19/22 @ 2:30p @ Brooks Stadium) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

It’s Official - UConn Football is going to the Myrtle Beach Bowl (Monday 12/19/22 @ 2:30p @ Brooks Stadium)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Bowl travel is about commitment to being ready to plan and execute a travel plan with a couple days notice. Mostly it's about being available (a reasonably clearable calendar) and having the wherewithal to do it.

We weren't planning on bowl travel this year, either for UConn or Penn State (wife) so we made other winter travel plans. Penalty is missing out on both UConn's first bowl game since 2015 and PSU in the Rose Bowl. Rose Bowl trips are awesome btw, put it on your bucket list if you can.

Reaction Score
Yup. Whenever you hear 'I don't have the money or the time', it's usually neither. What's lacking is the desire. If you really wanted to go to an event you'd find the money and make the time.
I love how people are complaining that it's bad timing being so close to Christmas. I mean give me a break. Yeah bowl season is around holiday time. And our game is 6 days before Christmas. It could be a lot closer.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yup. Whenever you hear 'I don't have the money or the time', it's usually neither. What's lacking is the desire. If you really wanted to go to an event you'd find the money and make the time.
Hey Nos,

In a good amount of cases I imagine this is true but I would wager that in more cases there is a deficiency in time, money or both. I can state that in my (basically four decades) of adult (post undergrad degree) life, when I had a surplus of one (time/money) I normally had a shortage of the other.

If I had the foresight in the spring to plan accordingly for a bowl trip this year, I may have been able to pull it off (no guarantees, but it would have been factored into the equation). Unfortunately, with my line of work, the ability to time off around year end is scarce and would require extensive planning. Additionally, unique to a ten month stretch that ended mid-summer, I had non work related business to tend to that beyond aging me a few additional years, also killed any scheduling flexibility that I may have had from late 2021 through the end of upcoming tax season.

I do hope that everyone who had the time and money to attend took advantage of it. I did what I view as a pretty good job of increasing the ticket donations (I'm confident that a few on this board can vouch for my generosity if it came to that but that isn't why I did it).

One thing that worries me is there may have been a few who donated beyond what they were in a position to donate.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

Damn. I was watching from a delayed flight out of BDL and lost cell service with 8 minutes left. Then the plane's wifi was broken. FML.
Luckily, connecting flight from Charlotte to Myrtle was delayed, so didn't miss it. Found that out after running about a mile from terminal to terminal. Completely lost my Two Roads Bradley buzz.
. Got into dark, silent Myrtle at 12:45 am. No beer. No bars.

Reaction Score
Damn. I was watching from a delayed flight out of BDL and lost cell service with 8 minutes left. Then the plane's wifi was broken. FML.
Luckily, connecting flight from Charlotte to Myrtle was delayed, so didn't miss it. Found that out after running about a mile from terminal to terminal. Completely lost my Two Roads Bradley buzz.
. Got into dark, silent Myrtle at 12:45 am. No beer. No bars.
Find me at The Hangout and I'll buy you a beer

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Find me at The Hangout and I'll buy you a beer
Truth be told, I may have picked up some cold brews at the Piggy Wiggly at 8am when I was looking for coffee creamer and bagels.
I'll still take the free one later!

Reaction Score
Parking and Pregame tailgate tickets sold out? Trying to buy but can’t find anything online? Any ideas or extras?

Reaction Score

-> News and notes - It will be a homecoming game for several Huskies, including junior defensive lineman Eric Watts, who’s from Sumter, S.C., and Gourdine (North Charleston, S.C.). Both players needed about 90 tickets for family and friends. “It’s a great feeling just to be able to play in front of friends and family,” Watts said. “I’m a big family guy. It means the world to me.” … <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom